PDA

View Full Version : Vince Vaughn Officially Comes out of the Political Closet

AuH20
02-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Oh boy....

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/02/25/get-ready-for-the-blacklisting-of-vince-vaughn/

Vaughn committed what many in Hollywood will consider three “immortal sins” in a recent interview with Playboy magazine as reported by Breitbart.

Firstly, Vaughn admitted to being a fan of pro-liberty former Congressman Ron Paul and described his political views as Libertarian. Secondly, he came out as pro-Second Amendment. Thirdly, he committed what his commie Hollywood colleagues may believe is the unpardonable sin, he basically called affirmative action a form of racism.

“I’m a very big fan, yes,” Vaughn said about Ron Paul. “Ron Paul woke a lot of people up to the fact that government can’t handle everything for you,” he said when asked if he would support a Ron Paul presidential candidacy in 2016…

Hochman then asked the popular actor whether he owned a gun, to which Vaughn replied, “I believe in the right to defend yourself if need be. Hopefully, you’re never in that situation, but I think you’re fairly naive to believe there will never be a cause for self-defense. But again, I believe it’s up to the individual,” he contended.

When asked if he was a fan of affirmative action and racial quotas, Vaughn replied with a question. “Do you believe that using race as a factor in evaluating a person is a good way to operate?”

AuH20
02-25-2015, 12:03 PM
Hot Air conveniently omitted this part of his Playboy interview.

“Once you start playing that game, where does it stop?” Vaughn asked. “I like the way it was until 1913 [pre-Federal Reserve and federal income tax via the 16th Amendment], when locally you had sales taxes and property taxes. That seems ethical to me, because I can move to a different neighborhood or area if I like the services they provide. To this day, your police department and your fire department are paid for with local taxes, and that makes sense, because you might use those. But the federal government looking into your books to decide what to take from you, that feels wrong,” he asserted.

Vaughn told Playboy’s contributing editor David Hochman that, “Trusting the federal government to know what we need and to run things well feels like a bad idea,” before going on to say that he’s against undeclared wars and the “foreign policy of force,” where the U.S. “decides to go into another country to make things turn out a certain way,” seemingly a shot at nation building.

“But I don’t agree with a foreign policy that says you can send troops places without declaring a war and without having a plan to win the war,” he told Hochman, giving Vietnam as an example.

jmdrake
02-25-2015, 12:04 PM
Wow. Hotair doing a favorable article of a Ron Paul fan? What is this world coming to?

KCIndy
02-25-2015, 12:08 PM
Pro Second Amendment?
Pro Ron Paul?
Against the Fed and income taxes?
Against foreign interventions and undeclared wars?

Poor sod. There goes his career. :( :(

I may have to pick up a couple of Vince Vaughn movies just to show some support.

AuH20
02-25-2015, 12:10 PM
Pro Second Amendment?
Pro Ron Paul?
Against the Fed and income taxes?
Against foreign interventions and undeclared wars?

Poor sod. There goes his career. :( :(

I may have to pick up a couple of Vince Vaughn movies just to show some support.

Somebody get Harvey Weinstein on the phone! LOL

Lucille
02-25-2015, 12:11 PM
http://reason.com/blog/2015/02/12/vince-vaughn-talks-libertarianism-with-p

Some more excerpts:

PLAYBOY: Would you ever consider running for office?

VAUGHN: No. But let’s say I did. I’m going to have a lot of people with a lot of money becoming my friends, aren’t I? Because I can write laws to benefit you. Let’s say you’re a major corporation, and I’m the politician and I can write laws. I can say which race gets a benefit and which doesn’t. That could get me some votes. Or I write laws that help your business and limit other businesses from being able to compete with you because they can’t survive all the new programs I’m putting in place. What is it they can’t afford? The health care act? Okay, I’ll vote for that and they can never reach you. But you have to vote for me.

You have to understand that America today is not capitalistic. The problem is corporatism. The government has too much authority, and it’s dangerous. It stifles productivity and freedom and prosperity and peace. I find most people nowadays are more complacent or accepting that the government can successfully do everything for us. It can’t. It can’t!

PLAYBOY: You’re very passionate about these issues.

VAUGHN: How can you not be? The Patriot Act? Let’s get rid of it. Undeclared wars, doing away with personal liberties—let’s understand how that has worked out historically to see that it has led to some horrible things. Once our personal liberties are gone, when an American citizen can be pulled out of his house and detained for six months without a trial, where is our country? Once those rights are gone, how do you get them back? Once the government is allowed to listen to you, how do you get that privacy back?

He officially came out as a Paul supporter and libertarian years ago.

Everyone must read [End the Fed]--Congressmen and college students, Democrats and Republicans--all Americans.
--Vince Vaughn

The last book I read was the book I've been rereading most of my life—The Fountainhead.
--Vince Vaughn

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6153/6162995842_17b2e5a051.jpg

Brett85
02-25-2015, 12:13 PM
Hot Air conveniently omitted this part of his Playboy interview.

Well, here's one comment. Lol.

I think being a Ron Paul fan makes him worse than being a liberal.

AuH20
02-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Well, here's one comment. Lol.

That comment makes no sense at face value, unless you want the DoD to operate with no accountability.

Tywysog Cymru
02-25-2015, 02:49 PM

Anchorman is a good one.

jllundqu
02-25-2015, 02:54 PM
Oh boy....

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/02/25/get-ready-for-the-blacklisting-of-vince-vaughn/

Vince Vaughn 2020?? :toady:

sam1952
02-25-2015, 03:20 PM
I don't think Vince Vaughn's ever made it a secret he supports Ron Paul. Actually I think he's vocally supported him for years.

georgiaboy
02-25-2015, 03:25 PM
Yeah there are threads on this forum dating back to at least 2009 when Ron attended one of Vince's movie premiers.

Ain't no secret. But let the voices keep getting louder!

devil21
02-25-2015, 04:36 PM
Yeah there are threads on this forum dating back to at least 2009 when Ron attended one of Vince's movie premiers.

Also pics by Gage (iirc) of Vince at Ron's house for a family function of some sort.

I wonder if Vince has his own production company? Would be awesome for him to hire libertarian minded people to produce tv/movie/online content to counter the liberal control of the media.

eta: indeed he does. http://www.wildwestpictureshowproductions.com

trey4sports
02-25-2015, 05:34 PM
Am I the only one who is fixated on how terribly rands pants fit him? Way too much break and much too wide for his build

green73
02-25-2015, 05:49 PM
He officially came out as a Paul supporter and libertarian years ago.

Everyone must read [End the Fed]--Congressmen and college students, Democrats and Republicans--all Americans.
--Vince Vaughn

The last book I read was the book I've been rereading most of my life—The Fountainhead.
--Vince Vaughn

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6153/6162995842_17b2e5a051.jpg

I don't think Vince Vaughn's ever made it a secret he supports Ron Paul. Actually I think he's vocally supported him for years.

Yeah, what's this closet business?

jbauer
02-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Am I the only one who is fixated on how terribly rands pants fit him? Way too much break and much too wide for his build

Yes

AuH20
02-26-2015, 11:44 AM

I think it's that he actually fleshed out his thoughts in detail as opposed to merely being associated with the Pauls. The Affirmative Action answer was especially brave, given his profession.

Suzanimal
02-26-2015, 11:56 AM

Exactly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p23stV9LD0I

JohnCifelli1
02-26-2015, 11:59 AM

No. Wearing poor-fitting clothes seems to be a Paul family tradition.

cajuncocoa
02-26-2015, 12:14 PM
That Vince is a Ron Paul supporter isn't news and hasn't been kept in the closet. I've known that for years now.