PDA

View Full Version : McConnell Looking to Avert DHS Shutdown

Mr.NoSmile
02-24-2015, 08:34 AM
By separating the matter, apparently-

[Democratic Senator Joe] Manchin said he backs Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s plan for a standalone bill that would separate DHS funding from the president’s action on immigration.

Manchin said the Senate passed a “very comprehensive” and “very bipartisan bill,” and that Obama had pledged “many times he would never do something as far as that on immigration, as far as what the executive order is,” before his announcement in November.

He said he couldn’t speak to how many others in his party might vote like him, adding that McConnell is going to need six moderate Democrats to vote with Republicans.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/joe-manchin-mitch-mcconnell-homeland-security-funding-115448.html?hp=l3_4

jbauer
02-24-2015, 08:55 AM
If I was a betting man I'd say the GOP folds like a cheap suit on this and funds DHS in full.

Dianne
02-24-2015, 09:06 AM
If I was a betting man I'd say the GOP folds like a cheap suit on this and funds DHS in full.

I agree with you 100%. Obama is already taking advantage of the Congressional and Executive corruption by passing new laws on a daily basis without going through Congress. I say we just fire the whole damn congress. Apparently we are operating under a Presidential dictatorship so save the money and dump that trash in Washington reaping great rewards by "pretending" to stand for the people.

Sola_Fide
02-24-2015, 09:17 AM
Heaven forbid we don't have the funds for our own government to spy on us!

Slave Mentality
02-24-2015, 10:23 AM
But, but who will fist all the dangerous grannies at the airports? Who will molest the children?