PDA

View Full Version : the Iowa GOP is getting a little nervous

jeremycobert
12-04-2007, 08:41 AM
last night i went to my local county GOP envelope stuffing for the caucus . they stuff packets for each precinct with caucus information and forms along with candidate information.

it started at 5pm and the first 5 people there were us local RP supporters, we in fact did the majority of the work until the hucksters showed up (all of them qualified for Medicare) and eventually the rest of the major candidates had people there stuffing their info into the packets.

Anyway, for the first hour when it was just the head of the local county GOP and the 5 of us RP supporters he started telling us that at the last GOP chairman's meeting (all the heads of each county get together to discuss strategy) that the big topic of discussion was

"what do we do if a Ron Paul bus from another state shows up at a caucus precinct and takes over ?"

our local chairmen leans libertarian and is somewhat sympathetic to our cause, so he told them to ask them for i.d. and a donation, but you cant kick them out if they have Iowa I.D. and you have to let them register.

I'm just glad that the old GOP is starting to take us seriously as a threat to upset the apple cart.

wgadget
12-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Please see my new thread about Grassroots being visible or invisible. I'd love to hear your opinion.