PDA

View Full Version : New Video: Cops of the World. Ending with a clip of Ron Paul on foreign policy.

angrydragon
06-27-2007, 10:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgQO2wnrXtI

Jodie Emery introduces a video by Marijuana Man and a speech by presidential candidate Ron Paul.

DjLoTi
06-27-2007, 11:28 PM
omg she is so hot. lol

i think this is a good endorsement.

angrydragon
06-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Ya, she is huh? =)

SJohnsson
06-27-2007, 11:36 PM
will she be in Iowa?

DjLoTi
06-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Both Mark and Jodie are total Ron Paul fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E6eFXUiqg4

I'm so excited!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!

Man from La Mancha
06-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the post. Great video!! Other than the bong hit which doesn't bother me it was super. And don't you love that Jodi. This video could target another group of disenfranchised people.

winston84
06-28-2007, 03:01 AM
Nice, like the intro, like the outro.

literatim
06-28-2007, 04:06 AM
Endorsement from pot heads flaunting it isn't exactly what Ron Paul needs.

Duckman
06-28-2007, 06:43 AM

Maybe not, but I enjoyed it. :D

DjLoTi
06-28-2007, 06:54 AM

These people run a sell-out magazine and are very popular, have a huge following. Maybe you're not the type to buy their magazine, in which case, you wouldn't even know if not for here :)

What I'm saying is, they most likely will affect their circle, and not yours. And their circle is a BIG circle. See what I'm getting at? :)

oldpaths1611
06-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Someone please help me out here. I'm trying to figure something out.

1) Ron Paul is a Republican.

2) Ron Paul needs the Republican nomination in order to become president

3) The majority of registered Republicans who will vote in the primary are moderate to conservative. Included among the conservatives are the core base of the Republican party, the religious right and the neocon sheep.

4) These are the very people needed to be reached if Dr. Paul stands a chance at getting the nomination. These are the people that need to be concentrated on. Without them, it's over and we're just wasting our time.

Now, can someone please tell me how seeing pot heads and bongs associated with Dr. Paul is going to influence these people? Since being on this forum I've seen girls in bikinis touted as good advertisement for Congressman Paul. I've also seen a lot of talk of revolution, trutherism and conspiracy theories. I've also seen cops referred to as "pigs" deserving to die. Asssociated with much of Ron Paul's message is 60's protest music, peace signs and revolution banners reminicient of flower power and the hippies of yesteryear. Also, many Ron Paul supporters openly express their disgust of anything that hints of religion. Someone please tell me, is this the image of Ron Paul that is going to win him the hearts and minds of the people that will count when it comes time to vote in the primaries?

Listen people, I'm estactic to see folks from many different political and idealogical persuasions jumping on the Ron Paul bandwagon. It's wonderful to see all the young people so energized and involved in a political campaign. I personally don't care if you do drugs or not, wear a thong or a burka, listen to Bob Dylan or Mozart, believe 911 was an inside job or carried out by Mickey Mouse, are a devout Christian or an avid atheist. It doesn't matter to me. Liberty for all. THAT'S NOT THE POINT!

I've been trying to make the point in several posts, but I'm afraid it's not getting through. Ron Pauls supporters can double everyday. So can his videos, rallies and funds. However, if the very voters that Dr. Paul needs in order to win the nomination are not being reached, then what are we doing? Those voters, like it or not, are right-wing conservative, church going, neocon registered Republicans. THESE ARE THE FOLKS THAT WILL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE! THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WE NEED TO REACH AND CONVERT! I'm sorry to say that the image thus far being created of Ron Paul will NOT reach these people. I believe that unless Congressman Paul's image and advertising is catered more to this core audience, we can kiss the White House goodbye. Sad to say, but image is everything. Put yourself in the shoes of a typical conservative Republican and ask yourself what you would think of Ron Paul while watching YouTube videos of bongs and bikinis?
Am I wrong on this?????

kylejack
06-28-2007, 10:34 AM

1) Ron Paul is a Republican.

2) Ron Paul needs the Republican nomination in order to become president

3) The majority of registered Republicans who will vote in the primary are moderate to conservative. Included among the conservatives are the core base of the Republican party, the religious right and the neocon sheep.

4) These are the very people needed to be reached if Dr. Paul stands a chance at getting the nomination. These are the people that need to be concentrated on. Without them, it's over and we're just wasting our time.

Now, can someone please tell me how seeing pot heads and bongs associated with Dr. Paul is going to influence these people? Since being on this forum I've seen girls in bikinis touted as good advertisement for Congressman Paul. I've also seen a lot of talk of revolution, trutherism and conspiracy theories. I've also seen cops referred to as "pigs" deserving to die. Asssociated with much of Ron Paul's message is 60's protest music, peace signs and revolution banners reminicient of flower power and the hippies of yesteryear. Also, many Ron Paul supporters openly express their disgust of anything that hints of religion. Someone please tell me, is this the image of Ron Paul that is going to win him the hearts and minds of the people that will count when it comes time to vote in the primaries?

Listen people, I'm estactic to see folks from many different political and idealogical persuasions jumping on the Ron Paul bandwagon. It's wonderful to see all the young people so energized and involved in a political campaign. I personally don't care if you do drugs or not, wear a thong or a burka, listen to Bob Dylan or Mozart, believe 911 was an inside job or carried out by Mickey Mouse, are a devout Christian or an avid atheist. It doesn't matter to me. Liberty for all. THAT'S NOT THE POINT!

I've been trying to make the point in several posts, but I'm afraid it's not getting through. Ron Pauls supporters can double everyday. So can his videos, rallies and funds. However, if the very voters that Dr. Paul needs in order to win the nomination are not being reached, then what are we doing? Those voters, like it or not, are right-wing conservative, church going, neocon registered Republicans. THESE ARE THE FOLKS THAT WILL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE! THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WE NEED TO REACH AND CONVERT! I'm sorry to say that the image thus far being created of Ron Paul will NOT reach these people. I believe that unless Congressman Paul's image and advertising is catered more to this core audience, we can kiss the White House goodbye. Sad to say, but image is everything. Put yourself in the shoes of a typical conservative Republican and ask yourself what you would think of Ron Paul while watching YouTube videos of bongs and bikinis?
Am I wrong on this?????
Let me help you out with that.

Ron Paul will not be elected in the primary on the backs of conservative Republicans alone. We need to draw in a bunch of people who never vote in a Republican primary.

Giuliani's popularity proves that this election has not been taken over by social conservatives.

nayjevin
06-28-2007, 10:53 AM
i agree with your points.

ron paul supporters are likely to have progressive ideas, furthermore, people who are regulars on this forum are the more tech savvy, younger portion of ron paul supporters. i don't think what you see on this forum will even be representative of the meetup groups. half my meetup group is trying to figure out email.

in other words, you're totally right, but it's not as big a deal as this forum might make it seem.

atilla
06-28-2007, 11:36 AM

OK, let me help you out. according to the constitution, potheads are allowed to vote in the Republican primary as long as they don"t bring thier bong into the polling booth.

2. most of atilla's people were never going to support Ron Paul anyway.

3. very few people vote in the republican primary, however, anyone who is either a registered republican (in some states), a registered republican or independant (in new hampshire) or a registered voter (in texas and other states), may vote in the republican primary if they so choose. i bet there are more potheads in new hampshire who have never voted before than there are registered republicans.

4. if ron paul gets the republican nomination it will not be due to votes by people who voted in the last republican primary, it will be due to new first time republican voters:

a. potheads who do not want the government telling them they can"t smoke pot when all the neocons are guzzeling whiskey every night. many of theese people have never even had a reason to register to vote let alone vote in a primary.
b. disenchanted democrats who do not trust thier candidates and see dr pauls anti-war, pro-civil liberties positions as more trustworthy than the democratic candidates demogaugery, who choose to change registration or in texas and other states simple choose to vote republican in open primaries.
c. hardcore libertarians who think the candidate is more important than the party label, and choose to vote in the republican primary.
d. 911 truthers who are not sure ron paul is on their side but know that he is a man of integrity who will open a new investigation as he has promised when questioned, and will ensure the truth comes to light.
e. conspiricy groups of every sort, for the same reason as the 911 folks, ron paul is a man of integrity, and is not bought and paid for by monied interests.
f. revolutionaries who beleive ron paul is the last hope for america to return to constitutional goverment as envisioned by the founders. (ron paul is founding father material, alex jones)
g. And finally the one you left out, racists and rightwing nationalists who seem to be supporting ron paul 95%. (check david dukes website and stormfront) they don"t generally beleive ron paul supports their core beleifs, but they do know he supports the end of affirmative action, the end of birthright citizenship, securing the border, ending the war for israel, ending foreign aid to israel, neutrality in the middle east and perhaps most importantly the constitutional right to free association (meaning you can chose who to allow in your restaurant or your boy scout troup)

5. and finally, very few of atilla's people were ever going to vote for ron paul anyway. ron paul was one of only 4 congressmen to support ronald reagan in the republican primary in 1976. yet in 1984 ron paul chose to run for the republican senate nomination in texas and the republican establishment supported phil graham, a former democratic congressman, instead of Ron Paul an origional reaganite.

atilla's people were never going to vote for ron paul anyway

a ron paul supporter since 1979

oldpaths1611
06-28-2007, 11:59 AM
OK, let me help you out. according to the constitution, potheads are allowed to vote in the Republican primary as long as they don"t bring thier bong into the polling booth.

2. most of your people were never going to support Ron Paul anyway.

3. very few people vote in the republican primary, however, anyone who is either a registered republican (in some states), a registered republican or independant (in new hampshire) or a registered voter (in texas and other states), may vote in the republican primary if they so choose. i bet there are more potheads in new hampshire who have never voted before than there are registered republicans.

4. if ron paul gets the republican nomination it will not be due to votes by people who voted in the last republican primary, it will be due to new first time republican voters:

a. potheads who do not want the government telling them they can"t smoke pot when all the neocons are guzzeling whiskey every night. many of theese people have never even had a reason to register to vote let alone vote in a primary.
b. disenchanted democrats who do not trust thier candidates and see dr pauls anti-war, pro-civil liberties positions as more trustworthy than the democratic candidates demogaugery, who choose to change registration or in texas and other states simple choose to vote republican in open primaries.
c. hardcore libertarians who think the candidate is more important than the party label, and choose to vote in the republican primary.
d. 911 truthers who are not sure ron paul is on their side but know that he is a man of integrity who will open a new investigation as he has promised when questioned, and will ensure the truth comes to light.
e. conspiricy groups of every sort, for the same reason as the 911 folks, ron paul is a man of integrity, and is not bought and paid for by monied interests.
f. revolutionaries who beleive ron paul is the last hope for america to return to constitutional goverment as envisioned by the founders. (ron paul is founding father material, alex jones)
g. And finally the one you left out, racists and rightwing nationalists who seem to be supporting ron paul 95%. (check david dukes website and stormfront) they don"t generally beleive ron paul supports their core beleifs, but they do know he supports the end of affirmative action, the end of birthright citizenship, securing the border, ending the war for israel, ending foreign aid to israel, neutrality in the middle east and perhaps most importantly the constitutional right to free association (meaning you can chose who to allow in your restaurant or your boy scout troup)

5. and finally, very few of your people were ever going to vote for ron paul anyway. ron paul was one of only 4 congressmen to support ronald reagan in the republican primary in 1976. yet in 1984 ron paul chose to run for the republican senate nomination in texas and the republican establishment supported phil graham, a former democratic congressman, instead of Ron Paul an origional reaganite.

your people were never going to vote for ron paul anyway

a ron paul supporter since 1979

You mentioned "your people" three times. Since I didn't associate myself with anyone anywhere in my post, would you mind telling me how you came to the assumption that anyone I mentioned were my people?

atilla
06-28-2007, 12:03 PM
You mentioned "your people" three times. Since I didn't associate myself with anyone anywhere in my post, would you mind telling me how you came to the assumption that anyone I mentioned were my people?

OK, my people. :D

austinphish
06-28-2007, 02:32 PM
These people run a sell-out magazine and are very popular, have a huge following. Maybe you're not the type to buy their magazine, in which case, you wouldn't even know if not for here :)

What I'm saying is, they most likely will affect their circle, and not yours. And their circle is a BIG circle. See what I'm getting at? :)

Ditto what DjLoti said. This is a big tent and people find Ron Paul from all different angles.

SeanEdwards
06-28-2007, 03:14 PM

It is when they look like Jodie! :p

UCFGavin
06-28-2007, 03:33 PM

ron paul has endorsements from everyone.

Man from La Mancha
06-28-2007, 03:57 PM
The use of the word" you, your" I think most people here take that as a term as a generality. Why waist time on it.

Second I think when the sheeple do start to awake "your"(general) not giving them credit for seeing different points of view and realizing they accept a president that has some things they don't like.

angelatc
06-28-2007, 04:25 PM

Big ditto. IF the MSM is going to pick a Ron Paul You Tube video as a background to an internet popularity story - which one would they pick?

ANd by the way....I belong to a Phil Ochs Yahoo group. His fans are freaking communists. I am not going to point it out to them, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made this disappear.

DjLoTi
06-28-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm a pothead... so what? Sure I don't smoke... but I am, make no doubt about it. The day it becomes legal is the day I will light up a joint.