PDA

View Full Version : NH Union Leader Endorses McCain

ThePieSwindler
12-04-2007, 08:26 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/03/schneider.mccain.endorsement/index.html?iref=werecommend

While this isn't a HUGE deal... its certainly a setback, but then again, its not like people who would vote for McCain would have voted for Paul in the first place. It would have been nice to have gotten an endorsement from a major NH paper...

LibertyEagle
12-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this newspaper is locally owned anymore, is it?

ItsTime
12-04-2007, 09:11 AM
I believe you are right but I am not 100% sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this newspaper is locally owned anymore, is it?

MS0453
12-04-2007, 09:32 AM
http://www.reason.com/blog/show/123739.html

Reason's blog covered this the other day:

1972 — endorsed John Ashbrook (did not win the NH primary)

1976 — endorsed Ronald Reagan (did not win the NH primary)

1980 — endorsed Ronald Reagan (won the NH primary)

1988 — endorsed Pete DuPont (did not win the NH primary)

1992 — endorsed Pat Buchanan (did not win the NH primary)

1996 — endorsed Pat Buchanan (won the NH primary)

2000 — endorsed Steve Forbes (did not win the NH primary — John McCain did)

What the paper wrote about McCain in 2000:

"McCain... wants big government to take over even more of our decisions. Campaign finance reform is allegedly of great concern to McCain. Unfortunately, and this is especially sad for his younger supporters, it is pretty clear now that McCain is a phony on this issue. McCain wants it both ways. He campaigns as the golden knight who will "reform" political fundraising, even as he thumbs his nose at the voters by continuing to take big corporate money AND still doing favors for those companies by leaning on the government agencies that are supposed to regulate them"

ItsTime
12-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Ya but he wants to kill people not only now but he wants to turn back the clock and kill more of our soldiers. I guess 60,000 brave men and women were not enough for McCain.

What the paper wrote about McCain in 2000:

"McCain... wants big government to take over even more of our decisions. Campaign finance reform is allegedly of great concern to McCain. Unfortunately, and this is especially sad for his younger supporters, it is pretty clear now that McCain is a phony on this issue. McCain wants it both ways. He campaigns as the golden knight who will "reform" political fundraising, even as he thumbs his nose at the voters by continuing to take big corporate money AND still doing favors for those companies by leaning on the government agencies that are supposed to regulate them"

BuddyRey
12-04-2007, 09:39 AM
If the paper was a New Mexico Union Leader, or Arizona Union Leader, you can best believe they never would have endorsed a border-burner like McCain. :mad: