troyd1
12-04-2007, 08:00 AM
h ttp://www.ldsmag.com/pollmentor/poll.html

jufreese
12-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Mitt still winning

Question_Authority
12-04-2007, 08:40 AM
So what if Mitt is winning. It is a Mormon site, what do you expect? Paul is in a strong second.

CAKochenash
12-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Mormons can still be intelligent people.

There is no reason Ron shouldn't be winning this poll. He is only down by a little over 1000.

ItsTime
12-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Huckabee is gaining go go go!

Fyretrohl
12-04-2007, 10:03 AM
I ask ONE favor. Vote, if you will. But, please don't multivote. It will make we LDS members job more difficult in convincing Mitt members to change their vote.

mavtek
12-04-2007, 10:06 AM
voted

Kregener
12-04-2007, 10:10 AM
We are never going to overcome Mitt's lead in that poll...unless EVERY Ron Paul supporter hits it.

Mormons protect their own.

jonahtrainer
12-04-2007, 10:27 AM
So what if Mitt is winning. It is a Mormon site, what do you expect? Paul is in a strong second.

I have found it easiest to talk with people when I thoroughly understand their belief paradigm. While in graduate school I was doing some research on Mormons for a paper on the 1st Amendment and it appears that any Mormon who understands and believes the official doctrine from their own Church and 'prophets' (like Moses but today?) must vote for candidates like Ron Paul. Mitt Romney appears to be a poor example of a Mormon politician when measured against their own doctrine.

One of them was Ezra Benson the Church President (1985-1994) and a Secretary of Agriculture (1953-1961). He wrote all types of books that propound on the Freedom movement. Here is a speech he made as Secretary of Agriculture in 1968 on The Proper Role of Government (http://www.ldshea.org/pages/left_sidebar/Const%20proper_role_of_government.htm). He even quotes Bastiat's The Law.

If you have any Mormon friends why not ask them "I found some writings of your Church President very interesting. I have some questions may we discuss them with you?" Since they are all killjoy happy about people investigating their Church I am sure they will invite you over. So, print off some of the various speeches and writings (try to stick to their own 'recognized' sources (lds.org) cause they like to use the 'well, that isn't official doctrine' answer) and take them over and start asking the hard questions (Romney favoring waterboarding, detentions of 'suspected' people, no access to lawyers, indefinite detention without being charged with or convicted of a crime (4-6th Amendments) and preemptive undeclared, illegal and unconstitutional lawyer sanctioned war. All the better if you show the YouTube first and then start asking questions about it.

Here is a good quote to get started with from that talk by their 'modern day Moses':

This means, then, that the proper function of government is limited only to those spheres of activity within which the individual citizen has the right to act. By deriving its just powers from the governed, government becomes primarily a mechanism for defense against bodily harm, theft and involuntary servitude. It cannot claim the power to redistribute the wealth or force reluctant citizens to perform acts of charity against their will. Government is created by man. No man possesses such power to delegate. The creature cannot exceed the creator.

In general terms, therefore, the proper role of government includes such defensive activities, as maintaining national military and local police forces for protection against loss of life, loss of property, and loss of liberty at the hands of either foreign despots or domestic criminals.

Fyretrohl
12-04-2007, 10:29 AM
We are never going to overcome Mitt's lead in that poll...unless EVERY Ron Paul supporter hits it.

Mormons protect their own.

Mormon for Ron Paul here. Don't try to containerize Mormon's either. We are not all one cut any more than any other 'group'

CurtisLow
12-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Rudy Giuliani (1.0 %) 35 votes
Mike Huckabee (2.2 %) 76 votes
Duncan Hunter (0.6 %) 22 votes
John McCain (1.6 %) 57 votes
Ron Paul (29.9 %) 1052 votes
Mitt Romney (63.3 %) 2225 votes
Tom Tancredo (0.3 %) 10 votes
Fred Thompson (1.0 %) 36 votes

Voluntaryist
12-04-2007, 11:40 AM
In related news, the mayor of SALT LAKE CITY endorsed Ron Paul:

h ttp://www.paulunteer.com/2007/12/03/mayor-of-salt-lake-city-to-bush-congress-and-media-we-wont-take-it-anymore/

bc2208
12-04-2007, 11:41 AM
need 1300 votes

Quantumystic
12-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Voted.

Humorous aside:
I read something the other day about Huckabee's now got "500 bloggers" working for him as an internet rapid response force to make him look better on the net.

Considering he's got some 76 votes in this poll, I guess those 'other' 424 guys have the day off :eek:

Fyretrohl
12-04-2007, 11:45 AM
In related news, the mayor of SALT LAKE CITY endorsed Ron Paul:

h ttp://www.paulunteer.com/2007/12/03/mayor-of-salt-lake-city-to-bush-congress-and-media-we-wont-take-it-anymore/

Incorrect. Someone modified the original speech.

werdd
12-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Mormon for Ron Paul here. Don't try to containerize Mormon's either. We are not all one cut any more than any other 'group'

Do you really think your going to be a god of your own planet?

Fyretrohl
12-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Well, that is sure a simplified way of asking it. But, to answer that question as honestly as I can, I sure hope I can be. Again though, that is leaving a lot of stuff out.

troyd1
12-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Getting closer.....

uncloned21
12-04-2007, 06:17 PM
voted....bump