PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Clawson: We need to get Rand Paul into the White House

Valli6
02-21-2015, 02:56 PM
Breitbart -

by MATTHEW BOYLE
21 Feb 2015

NAPLES, Florida — Rep. Curt Clawson (R-FL), a conservative who won a special election last year and was then elected to a full term in the House of Representatives, tells Breitbart News at an event for Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) that America needs “more outsiders” like the senator in Washington, D.C., to fight back against special interests.

After an event where Paul spoke to and took questions from grassroots conservatives in Naples, Clawson said:

I think that we need more outsiders that bring real world business experience to our policy discussions. To give you an idea, the world has become a global competitive maelstrom. Too often we lose—Americans, American companies, and the American worker—because Washington doesn’t have a handle on that. So the more folks that have a handle on how economies work and how markets work, the better off we will be. And I think, secondly, a little bit in touch with the average folks—they want to keep their privacy, they want to keep their phone records. So that’s the second thing that an outsider I think brings that real folks outside the beltway are thinking.

Clawson, who took office last summer and has been in Washington for about half a year now, says the “biggest surprise” he’s seen in his time there is how powerful the special interests are here.

“I think that the biggest surprise would be the influence of money and special interests in the process. I think that limiting special interest involvement would get us to a more pure governance. I would say that would be my biggest surprise,” Clawson said. “By doing that, we would vote more towards what’s best for the overall group as opposed to particular constituents or groups that have skin in the game.”

Clawson, during his speech introducing Paul, said that he thinks Paul needs to become the next president of the United States.

“We need folks like this, who come from the outside, who have real life and business experience, understand how government clamps down on us—how it’s taking our liberties by squashing growth and muting the business cycle and killing jobs,” Clawson said in the remarks. “So I will always be loyal to the senator for his friendship and support when it was most needed, but most of all we need to find a way for this man to get into the White House to lead our country back to where it’s supposed to be, which is about liberty and about economic opportunity.”

When asked why he’s supportive of a Paul presidential candidacy, Clawson said he thinks the most important thing is getting a Republican into the White House—but Paul would be the right Republican. Clawson said:

I think the most important thing is that we have a Republican in the White House. What does that mean in a real sense? I hope we don’t kill each other in the primary and weaken whoever wins coming out the other end like we did last time. Having the White House is the most important goal. And then irrespective of who wins, I will do everything I can to support them in the next process, so that’s number one.

I’ve been partial to Rand Paul long before I ever dreamed of being involved in the political process because I think we need more folks in Washington who will make hard choices with respect to spending so that the next generation has a chance of getting a job, and that we understand the marketplace and that is a major driver here. Then the third thing is I respect privacy. Fourth, is it doesn’t get us into bad wars. I’m all for taking on these savages, and we need to take on ISIL, but I think it ought to be Muslim boots on the ground. I think we have a lot of policy areas where we agree...

(MORE) http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/21/exclusive-rep-curt-clawson-we-need-to-get-rand-paul-into-the-white-house/

Crashland
02-21-2015, 03:23 PM
I think I got the message when Clawson voted for Rand Paul to be the Speaker of the House. Nice to see though it looks like he will be quite the ardent supporter.

jeffro97
02-22-2015, 12:04 AM
Maybe I misjudged Clawson in the beginning. Still, I'm keeping my eye on him.

r3volution 3.0
02-22-2015, 01:07 AM
Well, there's one CD in Florida we should win.

philipped
02-22-2015, 11:01 AM
Well, there's one CD in Florida we should win.

FL-13 is in play 2. (Lucas Overby, David Jolly election)

clint4liberty
02-22-2015, 11:56 AM
https://www.facebook.com/kentuckyGOPCaucus2016?ref=hl

jeffro97
02-23-2015, 10:28 PM

Did Lucas say he'd run in 2016? I haven't seen anything like that lately?

TaftFan
02-23-2015, 10:30 PM

Mark Bircher was the best candidate by far.