PDA

View Full Version : Dick Armey

DSmith
12-04-2007, 07:53 AM
He's on CNBC's Squawk Box right now talking about the housing bailout and social security reform.

Mr. Armey is a guy that we've got to get an endorsement from. His points are straight out of the Ron Paul/Barry Goldwater play book.

RPFTW!
12-04-2007, 07:54 AM
He's on CNBC's Squawk Box right now talking about the housing bailout and social security reform.

Mr. Armey is a guy that we've got to get an endorsement from. His points are straight out of the Ron Paul/Barry Goldwater play book.

I like his views economically, he's one of the few politicians that understands whats going on. Has he plugged RP yet?

mortepa
12-04-2007, 08:08 AM
h ttp://gordonunleashed.com/blog/2007/11/16/only-ron-paul-fits-dick-armeys-criteria-for-president/

LibertyEagle
12-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Yes, but isn't he for the WOT?

Armey is associated with "FreedomWorks". Anyone remember them?

DSmith
12-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Has he plugged RP yet?

Nope. But he wasn't bashful with his criticisms of both sides of the isle.

DSmith
12-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Yes, but isn't he for the WOT?

What was the name of the group that ran all those commercials? "Freedom" was in the name. Anyone remember? I'm pretty sure that Armey was with those guys on the commercials.

He's the Chairman of FreedomWorks.

http://www.freedomworks.org/

RTsquared
12-04-2007, 09:01 AM
I remember attending a speech that Dick Armey gave back when he was House Minority Leader - I still remember someone asking about Social Security, and him saying something to the effect of, "I'd love to give you my honest opinion of Social Security, but we'll have to discuss that privately".

I did not realize Armey was still politically active - and I think his endorsement would go a long way to getting the attention of those GOP members that remember the halcyon days of Newt's "Contract with America".

LibertyEagle
12-04-2007, 09:12 AM
He's the Chairman of FreedomWorks.

http://www.freedomworks.org/

Was that the group who ran all those pro-war television ads?

axiomata
12-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Was that the group who ran all those pro-war television ads?
I don't think so. I voted in a poll that he ran and have been getting emails from freedomworks since then. Don't think I have seen any one mention the war. Taxes and entitlements are his thing.