PDA

View Full Version : Best Senator: Marco Rubio

Zippyjuan
02-19-2015, 01:05 PM
That is if you base it on doing nothing in Congress. He missed more votes than any other Senator.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2015/02/marco-rubio-tops-list-of-missed-senate-votes.html

Marco Rubio tops list of missed Senate votes

@PatriciaMazzei

No U.S. senator has missed more votes than Florida Republican Marco Rubio, according to a new analysis.

The analysis, by Vocativ using data from GovTrack.us, found Rubio has missed 99 of 1,198 votes -- an absentee rate of about 8.3 percent. For some context, the second-place finisher was Jerry Moran, a Kansas Republican, who missed 96 votes -- about 8 percent.

A similar analysis for House members did not include any members of the Florida delegation among the top 10 representatives who have missed votes.

Rubio, who has a wife and four children in West Miami, and whose mother has been ill, notably missed a vote last month to pass the Keystone XL pipeline because he was fundraising in California. He was the only GOP senator to miss that vote (though it ultimately didn't affect the bill's passage). His spokesman said at the time that it was not unusual for senators to miss votes. Unsaid: particularly when they're mulling a presidential run.

Brian4Liberty
02-19-2015, 01:11 PM
Just like Senator Obama. Shills don't want to take too many definitive stands. Like Jeb too.

Slave Mentality
02-19-2015, 02:22 PM
It's just a puppet show anyway.

Warlord
02-19-2015, 02:38 PM
Zippyjuan is in negative rep territory! finally

Natural Citizen
02-19-2015, 04:20 PM
Zippyjuan is in negative rep territory! finally

It's amazing what 1 or 2 people can do to someone's rep bar out of nothing more than spite. That, to me, is trolling in the true sense of the act. No way someone's rep bar should change that dramatically over the course of a couple of days. And what is worse is that Zippy actually provides substance to debate in a way in which those who choose to debate him may actually elevate the issues and present their perception of the given subject at hand in a broader way. Not once have I ever seen him personally attack anyone's character, their person or their political ideology. He debates the issues. And yet he's constantly called a troll.

My view of the whole rep thing is that it should be done away with all together and let us earn good old fashioned reputation in the true sense of the term based upon the depth and merit of our argument among peers. I think what has happened to Zippy is reflective of the recklessness that comes with too much power in the hands of the infantile.

specsaregood
02-19-2015, 04:25 PM
It's amazing what 1 or 2 people can do to someone's rep bar out of nothing more than spite. That, to me, is trolling in the true sense of the act. No way someone's rep bar should change that dramatically over the course of a couple of days. And what is worse is that Zippy actually provides substance to debate in a way in which those who choose to debate him may actually elevate the issues and present their perception of the given subject at hand. Not once have I ever seen him personally attack anyone's character, their person or their political ideology. He debates the issues. And yet he's constantly called a troll.

and he is too much of a gentleman to whine and complain about it unlike others.