PDA

View Full Version : US Will Let Syrian Rebels Call In Airstrikes

twomp
02-18-2015, 08:19 PM
I'm sure this will work out well. How long before they call out U.S. Air Strikes to settle personal rivalries? Oh let me guess, I'm sure the "moderate rebels" have too much integrity to do that....

Pickup Trucks With GPS Systems Will Be Able to Call in Strikes

While the US plans to create a massive new “moderate rebel force” to fight against both ISIS and the Syrian government have been in place for awhile, the level to which they’ll go to prop up those rebels seems to be growing dramatically.

The latest half-baked scheme, reported by the Wall Street Journal, is to give this yet-to-be-created rebel faction the ability to directly call in US airstrikes against targets of their choosing.

The US intends to provide every cell of 4-6 rebel fighters with a pickup truck that will include a mounted machine gun and a GPS system within, through which they can radio in targets to be attacked by US warplanes.

The US had been backing Syrian rebel factions they’d dubbed “moderate” in the past, but most of those groups have either lost all their territory or ended up joining the various Islamist factions. That is why the administration believes it has to create a whole new rebel force.

The lack of US intelligence on the ground makes this seem like a good idea to them, at least on the surface, as they need somebody to do spotting for airstrikes in Syria, so why not them?

Read the rest here:

http://news.antiwar.com/2015/02/17/us-will-let-syrian-rebels-call-in-airstrikes/

nobody's_hero
02-18-2015, 08:44 PM
The US had been backing Syrian rebel factions they’d dubbed “moderate” in the past, but most of those groups have either lost all their territory or ended up joining the various Islamist factions. That is why the administration believes it has to create a whole new rebel force.

And it's gonna be different this time . . . how exactly?

AngryCanadian
02-18-2015, 08:54 PM
That is why the administration believes it has to create a whole new rebel force.

Which is the ISIS.

ZENemy
02-18-2015, 09:03 PM
:eek:

Uriel999
02-18-2015, 09:04 PM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME! WE COULDN'T CALL IN SHIT LAST WHEN I WAS IN AFGHAN AND WE WERE US MILITARY!!!!!!

AngryCanadian
02-18-2015, 09:45 PM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME! WE COULDN'T CALL IN SHIT LAST WHEN I WAS IN AFGHAN AND WE WERE US MILITARY!!!!!!

Yup and nothing will change in Syria. Just to make some War Mongers happy.

Ronin Truth
02-19-2015, 09:17 AM
30 minutes or less, or it's free.

thoughtomator
02-19-2015, 10:51 AM
and the first time an airstrike is called in on Assad forces, Obama's got the war he has wanted so badly for so long.

jmdrake
02-19-2015, 03:28 PM

Yeah.....but you were trying to fight terrorism. The FSA are terrorists. Only terrorists get to call in U.S. airstrikes.

alucard13mm
02-19-2015, 03:53 PM
It is like the usa is a teen girl and the syrian rebels is justin bieber. Way too obssesed.

vita3
02-20-2015, 03:35 AM
Where are u Rand?