PDA

View Full Version : NAFTA Corridor Railway

voytechs
12-04-2007, 06:14 AM
KC Smart Port calls its self "America's inland port solution company". A non profit that if you look at its officers and board members is made up mostly of City of Kansas and various big businesses:

http://www.kcsmartport.com/sec_about/section/Board.htm

There it is on the about page of the above company profile. Look at the last bullet
http://www.kcsmartport.com/sec_about/about.htm

The Kansas City Advantage

Kansas City has several key components that make it an excellent hub for all transportation and logistics operations:

* The largest rail center in the United States by tonnage
* More Foreign Trade Zone space than any other U.S. city (over 10,000 acres)
* Located at the intersection of three of the nation’s major interstate highways (I-35, I-70, I-29) and soon to be 4th - I-49
* The Kansas City International Airport, which moves more air cargo each year than any air center in a six-state region
* Located on the largest navigable inland waterway (MO/MS River system)
* The heart of a rail corridor spanning coast to coast across the U.S. and extending from Canada to Mexico (NAFTA Railway)

The heart of a rail corridor spanning coast to coast across the U.S. and extending from Canada to Mexico (NAFTA Railway)

Visual
12-04-2007, 07:44 AM
I'm sorry, but using a railroad to do trade with your neighbors hardly constitutes a threat to our soverignity. Kansas city has historically been a major rail center along with chicago. The thing is that kansas city and chicago sit on the demarcation line between the 4 Class A Railroads, making them good places for the transfer of cargo between shippers.

I think their definition of NAFTA Railway and your's is diffrent, since rail service between mexico, the US, and canada has existed for decades, long before NAFTA existed.

Besides, I'd rather have stuff shipped by train than by truck. It's SIGNIFICANTLY more economical, and dosen't tax local/state roads.

me3
12-04-2007, 07:46 AM
This has nothing to do with the grassroots. You're pushing down a lot of important threads.

rpfreedom08
12-04-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm sorry, but using a railroad to do trade with your neighbors hardly constitutes a threat to our soverignity. Kansas city has historically been a major rail center along with chicago. The thing is that kansas city and chicago sit on the demarcation line between the 4 Class A Railroads, making them good places for the transfer of cargo between shippers.

I think their definition of NAFTA Railway and your's is diffrent, since rail service between mexico, the US, and canada has existed for decades, long before NAFTA existed.

Besides, I'd rather have stuff shipped by train than by truck. It's SIGNIFICANTLY more economical, and dosen't tax local/state roads.

Well shit then lets go ahead and uproot thousands and thousands of families and thier homes for this project! I say they shouldn't have that land anyways! It's the governments and they have every right to take it from them. :mad: Hopefully your house is in the way of this highway so you can see how great it is for someone to take your land and home away from you.

michelleandjamonti
12-04-2007, 01:13 PM
You guys don't know what is like!!!! This is what is really going on a railroad between states is nothing like this

WWW.CANAMEX.ORG If you click on the maps you can see the road leading from Canada down to Mexico City :mad:

Visual
12-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Well shit then lets go ahead and uproot thousands and thousands of families and thier homes for this project! I say they shouldn't have that land anyways! It's the governments and they have every right to take it from them. :mad: Hopefully your house is in the way of this highway so you can see how great it is for someone to take your land and home away from you.

Railroads are private companies and as far as I'm aware of have no need to beg the gov't for land. Hell, Union Pacific is the largest private landholder in the US (back when the transcontinental was built, for every mile of land built, they would get an acre of land). The rail to mexico already exists, and has for years. The rail they are putting down now throught the US in general is on land that is still owned by the railroads, but neglected since the massive demise of a lot of rail traffic with the advent of interstates and planes in the 50's.

Railroad companies are private, traded companies, with not connection to governments. Hell, attempts for american rail companies to buy/merge with canadian companies have been blocked.

Besides, a track is only a few feet across, unlike a 6 lane highway.

s35wf
02-01-2008, 05:46 PM
The nafta highway will include a combo in one of rail, & highways that will be aprx. 6 MILES WIDE!

This is more than commerce. They are Stealing Private Individuals Land to Resell to Foreign Corporations, to build roads by Foreign Corp with Mexican Workers to Transport Goods from China WITHOUT American Union Dock Workers or American Truckers being included.

Then these Roads will be owned and ran by Foreign Corp's that American Citizens Will have to Pay Tolls to Drive on! Whilst we lose our land, the foreign corps Profit! This should be considered TREASON by Any official involved!