PDA

View Full Version : State Dept: US cannot win war against ISIS by killing, they need ‘job opportunities’

Natural Citizen
02-17-2015, 11:10 PM
http://cdn.rt.com/files/news/38/f3/b0/00/spokesman.si.jpg
Screenshot from youtube by msnbc

The United States and its allies cannot defeat the Islamic State simply by killing militants, said State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf, adding that it must target the underlying reasons people join the group, such as the lack of job opportunities.

She conceded, however, that there is “no easy solution.”

Continued - US cannot win war against ISIS by killing, they need ‘job opportunities’ – State Dept (http://rt.com/usa/233275-war-against-isis-job-opportunities/)

Weston White
02-18-2015, 08:01 AM
I don't know, but a $500-billion a year black-tar heroin smuggling business operating within the USA should provide them with ample opportunity for expanding employments.

The real question is are they truly “militants” or are they brave men fighting against the invaders of their country? In any case they are being covertly funded by U.S. taxpayers and manipulated by U.S. interests.

angelatc
02-18-2015, 08:09 AM
I think she's somewhat right. We don't need war, we need capitalism.

jonhowe
02-18-2015, 08:27 AM
First smart thing an Obama rep has said in a long time. There will always be unrest as long as their countries are in ruins.

Prosperity means Peace!

Acala
02-18-2015, 08:30 AM
A small puff of fresh air blowing out of the feculent Washington swamp. Killing people in a manner that generates a continuous supply of more people you need to kill only benefits the military industries.

jmdrake
02-18-2015, 08:40 AM
I hate to admit it, but for once the Obama administration got something about foreign policy right. The Iraq "surge" only worked because we paid off the Sunni insurgents to fight on our side.

AuH20
02-18-2015, 09:11 AM
You can't kill them but it isn't our responsibility to get them employment. Sheesh.

Stratovarious
02-18-2015, 09:17 AM
Butchers Union!!

AuH20
02-18-2015, 09:22 AM
I'm sure the elites can find them a job.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/18/female-isis-captives-endure-brutal-and-abnormal-sex/

“A large section of ISIS members suffer from sexual anomalies and brutal instinctive desire for sex,” the group wrote on its website.

Several families have reportedly fled the city — and one girl committed suicide — to avoid the lusty ISIS terrorists’ clutches.

The report said firsthand accounts from victims who spoke secretly by phone in August revealed that ISIS fighters were raping women on a daily basis, with some victims begging the activists to arrange airstrikes on their locations and end their suffering.

One kidnapped girl who belongs to the minority Yazidi religious group also said she was among 350 girls transported to Syria and offered for sale “as if in a chicken market.”

Stratovarious
02-18-2015, 09:23 AM
I don't know, but a $500-billion a year black-tar heroin smuggling business operating within the USA should provide them with ample opportunity for expanding employments.

The real question is are they truly “militants” or are they brave men fighting against the invaders of their country? In any case they are being covertly funded by U.S. taxpayers and manipulated by U.S. interests.

Can't feed the Arms Dealers and Military Complex without providing Weapons first , to your imaginary enemy.
After hearing about these Isalamic Terrorists though , I can't understand why we don't eliminate their army via a real military operation, not a tit for tat , rules of engagenment politicaly correct fashion, but just plain old fashioned WWII destruction.

UWDude
02-18-2015, 02:24 PM
It is a nice sounding platitude, but wrong.

Nothing can stop ISIS. They don't care about jobs anymore. They are living for revenge and vengeance, and the only thing that can quench that thirst is blood. Not jobs, not family, not political promises or representation in distant legislative bodies.

acptulsa
02-18-2015, 02:34 PM
We're doing something wrong.

How do we get our own government this focused on providing US with arms and jobs?!

Dianne
02-18-2015, 07:34 PM
lol Obozo sent her out with the typical dumb blonde stereotype ... WTG Barry.

Natural Citizen
02-18-2015, 09:37 PM
I think she's somewhat right. We don't need war, we need capitalism.

Except that good old fashioned western mercantilism is actually what is practiced but under the illusion of capitalism. Fact.

DamianTV
02-19-2015, 02:26 AM
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2015/02/20150218_isis1.jpg

puppetmaster
02-19-2015, 04:13 AM
Hey why aren't the 20 million unemployed here in the US run around beheading and burning people alive.

jmdrake
02-19-2015, 05:24 AM
Here's what some people responding in this thread don't get. Not every member of ISIS is running around beheading people. There are people pumping oil and smuggling it. Some of those people are Kurds, who are the natural enemies of ISIS. Can you think of any non economic reason why a Kurd would help ISIS by smuggling oil? Rhetorical question.

Edit: And that gets to the heart of the real solution to the problem. Cut off ISIS money supply (oil, funding from Islamic charities, money funneled through U.S. banks), and ISIS dies on the vine.

pcosmar
02-19-2015, 08:41 AM
Edit: And that gets to the heart of the real solution to the problem. Cut off ISIS money supply (oil, funding from Islamic charities, money funneled through U.S. banks), and ISIS dies on the vine.

The same could have been said about the "Syrian opposition".. Most of whom were mercenaries recruited from all over.

Sell your idea to the Rothschild Group. (or try to) They have the means to cut off funding. (They are the funding)

jmdrake
02-19-2015, 08:47 AM
The same could have been said about the "Syrian opposition".. Most of whom were mercenaries recruited from all over.

Believe me. That truth is not lost on me. The ISIS funding from charities is funneled to "unspecified Syrian opposition groups" which everybody knows is ISIS. But also the FSA is the one who sold the U.S. journalist to ISIS.

Sell your idea to the Rothschild Group. (or try to) They have the means to cut off funding. (They are the funding)

And as you well know that won't do any good. But we need to get the word out to Joe Blow voter who's supporting the "war on ISIS" so that he understands what's going on. While the funding of terrorists in the name of fighting terrorism will continue, if we blow the over off of this at least they won't be able to claim the mantle of public support.

JK/SEA
02-19-2015, 09:59 AM
You can't kill them but it isn't our responsibility to get them employment. Sheesh.

not quite ready to open a hardware store over there yet eh..?

Lucille
02-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Bammy is also issuing directives to Americans that they need to being nicer to Muslims here. While I agree, maybe he should stop killing them over there first.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/02/19/to-fight-extremism-obama-calls-on-us-to-embrace-its-muslims/21144314/

tod evans
02-19-2015, 10:34 AM
We're doing something wrong.

How do we get our own government this focused on providing US with arms and jobs?!

Sharpen up your machete......:cool:

pcosmar
02-19-2015, 11:22 AM
And as you well know that won't do any good.

Oh,, I am aware of that.
Which is why we will not stop funding or fighting ISIS or whoever ISIS is next.

My hope in electing Ron Paul was disengagement from that entire mess. That hope is gone.

I'm just waiting for the US to be removed from significance.

juleswin
02-19-2015, 11:33 AM
She is right but I bet she doesn't know why she is right. Saudi Arabia can only push their insane version on Islam aka Wahhabi Islam on mostly poor hopeless people and once they are captured, they will do everything their new religion says. The version of Wahhabi in Nigeria called Boko haram is essentially calling for the end of everything which is connected to the western world i.e. electricity, internet, Universities, computers, motor vehicles etc etc. These people have brainwashed these people to the point that they are begging for a situation far worse than what they have now.

Yes, economic prosperity only makes it harder (not impossible as we can from the news that thousands of westerners are joining the fight with ISIL) to sell this nonsense ideology to them.

torchbearer
02-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Hey why aren't the 20 million unemployed here in the US run around beheading and burning people alive.

Waiting for next Tuesday.

Brian4Liberty
02-19-2015, 01:50 PM

Food stamps, welfare, bread and circuses. But even that may not hold them back forever.

Brian4Liberty
02-19-2015, 01:52 PM
"Idle hands are the devil's workshop."