PDA

View Full Version : Law Proposed To Keep Police Officers’ Names Secret When They Shoot People

DamianTV
02-16-2015, 03:55 AM
http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/02/law-proposed-to-keep-police-officers-names-secret-when-they-shoot-people/

Even though there have been numerous objections raised to SB 1445, the state Senate committee advanced a bill Wednesday that would keep the names of police officers secret after shootings.

Law enforcement agencies would be permitted to withhold names of officers involved in shootings for 90 days after incidences of deadly force.

The Tucson Sentinel reports that SB 1445 “would apply unless the officer is arrested or charged, a criminal investigation is complete, the Arizona Rules of Criminal Procedure require the release, or the officer consents to the release.”

The bill was drafted by Senator Steve Smith (R-Maricopa), who said that his goal in writing the legislation is “to protect officers and their families.”

“This bill came because we are trying to protect those who protect us,” he explained.

Smith says that 90 days would be a good enough “cooling-off” period where public unrest should dissipate on its own.

More on Link.

I am not sure if this is a trustworthy source or not, but if it isnt and story turns out to be bogus, I'll remove the link. But lets go a step further and pretend just for a moment that this has the potential to be real. I am sure you could see this actually turning into a Law, and where it leads to from there. Thus, let the debate begin.

mrsat_98
02-16-2015, 05:13 AM
If you are not doing anything wrong why would this concern you enough to debate it ?

DamianTV
02-16-2015, 06:03 AM
If you are not doing anything wrong why would this concern you enough to debate it ?

Its called the American Dream for a reason: you have to be asleep to believe it.

phill4paul
02-16-2015, 07:02 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?468982-AZ-quot-Cooling-Off-quot-Law-Proposed-To-Keep-Police-Officers%92-Names-Secret

CPUd
02-16-2015, 07:02 AM
Passing something like this would make things worse. Some dude will post the video on youtube and the internet will go after any of the officers who look like the shooter like they did last summer.

pcosmar
02-16-2015, 07:05 AM
Passing something like this would make things worse. Some dude will post the video on youtube and the internet will go after any of the officers who look like the shooter like they did last summer.

They all look the same.

JK/SEA
02-16-2015, 10:24 AM
cops should be able to do whatever they want without anyone knowing who they are. Remove this impediment of badge numbers and name tags, and a full face covered helmet for all peace officers should be mandatory.

tod evans
02-16-2015, 11:14 AM
From the other thread;

“I am not going to mortgage an officer’s life or family because somebody else thinks they have a right to that information,” Smith said. “They might not know what might directly cause a reaction to that and have a member of their family die.”

Did ya' ever stop and think ya' might be doing wrong if you've gotta worry about the citizenry shooting you or your family?

Fucking idiots!