PDA

View Full Version : Website idea -- Link donors with activists

liberatenyc
06-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Something for webmasters to consider...

Domestic campaign contributions are limited to $2300. Foreign contributions are restricted. There is money going uncollected that could otherwise be used to promote Ron Paul.

I can think of several reputable groups unaffiliated with the campaign who solicit funds. I also know of several interesting projects that need funding (particularly advertising).

If I am a donor, I would like to browse the various underfunded projects at any given time and decide for myself which one I think is most worthy of my donation.

What are your thoughts on how to make this happen?

torchbearer
06-27-2007, 10:32 PM
To be 100% legal... any group working on a pro-ron paul campaign must first form a 527... but you can donate unlimited to that group

liberatenyc
06-27-2007, 10:34 PM
That would be for the donor and the activist to concern themselves with.

torchbearer
06-27-2007, 10:43 PM
I would be willing to get a 527 started. it may take me 7 days... but i'm very cash poor... i do have legal connections, they could help me get it started... but i need to know that there are donors looking for something like this... so i can make them part of the organization so they have more security in knowing that their money will be spent in a beneficial way for ron paul.

liberatenyc
06-28-2007, 07:21 AM
I don't think that would be necessary. The key is to provide a medium wherein potential donors could evaluate various projects. It might be as simple as providing donors with the contact information of Ron Paul activists.