06-27-2007, 10:29 PM
http://time-blog.com/swampland/2007/06/romney_in_deep_doodoo.html

Too bad the Onion didn't think of it first!:D

LizF
06-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Egads! :eek: :mad:

DAZ
06-28-2007, 12:17 AM
haha, i can just see the smear campaign now.......

foofighter20x
06-28-2007, 12:34 AM
haha, i can just see the smear campaign now.......

You mean this (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/06/27/strapping-romneys-dog-to-the-roof-of-the-car/)?

Man from La Mancha
06-28-2007, 12:43 AM
I don't like to see this way of campaigning, I hope Ron only points out his competitors policy errors like he is doing. Most people would alone find that refreshing in a candidate.

t

thuja
06-28-2007, 01:31 AM
anyone who causes animal suffering should always suffer himself.

Man from La Mancha
06-28-2007, 01:34 AM
Don't eat meat!

ChooseLiberty
06-28-2007, 02:17 AM
Romney's dead meat if that story gets traction. Spread it around.

That leaves Thompson and Ghouliani.

Digg it.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Romney_straps_family_dog_on_car_roof_for_family_ro ad_trip_seriously

Dan Klaus
06-28-2007, 01:05 PM
bump for stupidity..

DAZ
06-29-2007, 12:22 AM
You mean this (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/06/27/strapping-romneys-dog-to-the-roof-of-the-car/)?

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking. And I agree with Don Quixote here that smear campaigns suck. They tend to not be about the issues, which is what I've always thought was the most important part of politics. I'm pretty sure Ron wouldn't air an ad about the Romney Family Vacation. But it would still be funny. I can't wait til the u-tubers put something together!

Bradley in DC
06-29-2007, 02:01 PM
June 29, 2007

Quote Of The Day (http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/)

From today's Hotline:

"PETA is not happy that my dog likes fresh air."

-- Mitt Romney, on strapping his dog to the top of the car, WTAE-TV online, 6/29

Comments

Does this Romney guy have any shame? Now after strapping his family dog to roof of his car for a 12 HOUR ride from Boston to Ontario this shameless moron has guts to make a sick comment about PETA.

The Boston Globe article mentions how the dog crapped on car during the ride and how the flipflopper-in-chief Romney handled it cooly as emotion-free crisis management. I will say that he is conscience-free and morals-free too. No wonder Romney loves torture and wants double Gitmo.

This guy just does not believe in life.. not even of his own family dog and he still calls himself pro-life. What a fake!

No wonder conservatives believe that Mormonism is a satanic cult.

Romney is not only a flipflopper, a political opportunist, an intellectually dishonest human being in the history of politics but also a fake, conscience-free, morals-free, torture loving politician.

We don't need another psycopathic president for sure.

RomneyHasNoShame | 06.29.07 01:11 PM

Kregener
06-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Let us not worry too much about the animal suffering until we get a handle on that annoying human suffering thingy.

Once we have legislated our...utopia, we can tackle the homeless pets...

:rolleyes:

Sir VotesALot
06-29-2007, 02:23 PM
You guys have to understand that the GOP is supposed to go down in flames this year and the next. It's being done by DESIGN, by the neocon/Trotskyite/Zionists who hijacked the Republican party when Bush took office and pushed us to war. Now that they have sucked the life and credibility (in the public's eyes) out of the GOP they will shift over to the left. Is there any question that Hilary is intended to be the next president? Think about it, people. This is why Ron Paul is so important.

This is also why Romney is strapping a dog to the roof of a car and making cracks about PETA, this is why Giuliani is saying we need to train on our troops for nation-building on national tv (he has NO INTENTION of being president), this is why Bush and Cheney are saying they are above the law. They're SUPPOSED to go down in flames, most of the Republican candidates (the CFR members) all know this. They're just getting ready for the power "shift", when the liberals will come in and "save the day".

Expect plenty of bad press for GOP candidates, Bush & Cheney, etc. in the coming months. It's going to be a trend.

ChooseLiberty
06-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Ok, who is going to be the democratic neolibs for her thighness or Osama? Are there some similar zionist types left over from Bill's admin? I'd guess they would be working more on the domestic police state than the Axis of Evil.

Frankly, I was shocked at how fast the neocons took over the boy George's administration after the election. I just assumed that Bush continue the style he had as Governor of Texas - doing as little as possible.

Can you imagine martial law with Hillary in charge?

Sir VotesALot
06-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Ok, who is going to be the democratic neolibs for her thighness or Osama? Are there some similar zionist types left over from Bill's admin?

That is a really excellent question. I think the answer is that the 'democratic neolibs' won't NEED a Bill Kristol or a David Gergen simply because the Democrat party is already COMPRISED of people like this! Remember, neo-conservatism actually came from the far left!

The 'neolibs' we'll be hearing a lot from in the media these next few years, whoever they are, will essentially be playing themselves. Which is why I fear they'll be taken more seriously.

Can you imagine martial law with Hillary in charge?

Are you kidding? That IS how I imagine martial law! They're certainly not going to try a full-on martial law with Bush in office! The people HATE this administration right now (and rightly so). But unfortunately the media has brainwashed many into thinking that they're only hating half of the traitors!

It'll more likely happen the first or second year of Hilary/Obama's term, when the office's approval rating is "high"; When more "hate" speech laws have been passed; When our healthcare system has been 'universalized'; When more illegal immigrants have been appointed to police and military positions; When the Trans-Texas Corridor is completed; When the dollar has completely lost its value; When the middle class is a thing of the past.

Also, remember that when Hilary or whoever takes office, all the illegal legislation that was passed under Bush that the Democrats "oppose": the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, WILL STILL BE IN EFFECT.

To be honest I don't imagine an official 'martial law' happening anytime soon actually, but it IS a possibility, and it CAN be stopped. We are stopping it right now in fact, by supporting Ron Paul and getting him media attention!

Yikes, sorry for getting so off topic. I hope that dog is okay!

ChooseLiberty
06-29-2007, 06:14 PM
You're correct about the awareness factor. If people had not been so aware and expecting a false flag pretext attack on Iran, King George would have tried it already. Things are really changing fast. They can't laugh things off, waive their hands and expect everything to go according to plan. People in the USA are now watching and the rest of the world is too.

"Keep your eyes on the prize" as MLK used to say.

That is a really excellent question. I think the answer is that the 'democratic neolibs' won't NEED a Bill Kristol or a David Gergen simply because the Democrat party is already COMPRISED of people like this! Remember, neo-conservatism actually came from the far left!

The 'neolibs' we'll be hearing a lot from in the media these next few years, whoever they are, will essentially be playing themselves. Which is why I fear they'll be taken more seriously.

Are you kidding? That IS how I imagine martial law! They're certainly not going to try a full-on martial law with Bush in office! The people HATE this administration right now (and rightly so). But unfortunately the media has brainwashed many into thinking that they're only hating half of the traitors!

It'll more likely happen the first or second year of Hilary/Obama's term, when the office's approval rating is "high"; When more "hate" speech laws have been passed; When our healthcare system has been 'universalized'; When more illegal immigrants have been appointed to police and military positions; When the Trans-Texas Corridor is completed; When the dollar has completely lost its value; When the middle class is a thing of the past.

Also, remember that when Hilary or whoever takes office, all the illegal legislation that was passed under Bush that the Democrats "oppose": the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, WILL STILL BE IN EFFECT.

To be honest I don't imagine an official 'martial law' happening anytime soon actually, but it IS a possibility, and it CAN be stopped. We are stopping it right now in fact, by supporting Ron Paul and getting him media attention!

Yikes, sorry for getting so off topic. I hope that dog is okay!

fedup100
06-29-2007, 06:41 PM
He is such a loser.

Bradley in DC
06-30-2007, 08:46 AM
[B]An example of Mitt Romney's crisis-management approach has turned into something of a political problem for the Republican presidential contender. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/29/AR2007062902204_2.html?referrer=email)

Romney placed his family dog, an Irish setter named Seamus, into a kennel fastened to the top of his station wagon for a 12-hour family trip from Boston to Ontario in 1983. Despite being shielded by a wind screen that Romney had erected, Seamus expressed his discomfort with a diarrhea attack.

The story, recounted this week in a Boston Globe profile of Romney, has touched off howls of outrage from bloggers and animal rights activists, even though it was presented as an example of Romney's coolness under trying circumstances.

When Romney's eldest son, Tagg, and his four brothers complained about the brown runoff down the back windshield, their father quietly pulled the car over, borrowed a gas station hose and sprayed down both the dog and the kennel before returning to the road.

Ingrid Newkirk, president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, told Time magazine's Swampland blog: "If you wouldn't strap your child to the roof of your car, you have no business doing that to the family dog!"

Romney dismissed the outcry about the 24-year-old incident, saying that the dog enjoyed his rooftop perch.

"He scrambled up there every time we went on trips," Romney said at a campaign stop in Pittsburgh on Thursday. "He got it all by himself and enjoyed it."

Bradley in DC
06-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Retold in today's Fox site:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287413,00.html (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287413,00.html)

Not the kind of media attention you want--loaning your campaign all of those millions and this is the message you're getting out?!

walt
06-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Let us not worry too much about the animal suffering until we get a handle on that annoying human suffering thingy.

Once we have legislated our...utopia, we can tackle the homeless pets...

:rolleyes:

awesome reality check

Bradley in DC
07-02-2007, 11:20 AM
So, I'm sitting here typing (with my Ron Paul rEVOLution and "legalize freedom" stickers on my laptop) at lunch on an outdoor patio at a Thai restaurant in a bar/restaurant strip a few blocks from the Capitol Building with the dogs. Three guys (most likely Hill staffers) sit at the table next to me. I ask if the dogs would bother them, they say no (the neighborhood is very dog friendly).

The dogs proceed to lick aggressively the hand of the one guy who went pet them and makes a joke about keeping his cool with dogs "like Mitt." At least one of the guys doesn' know this story so the one with the wet hand recounts it. And they all laugh and make jokes about Mitt.

timosman
03-03-2016, 10:43 PM
bump - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney_dog_incident

PursuePeace
03-03-2016, 11:09 PM
bump - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney_dog_incident

Seamus was given to Mitt Romney's sister, Jane Romney Robinson of California, who said, "He kept ending up at the pound. They were worried about him getting hit crossing the street.

Never heard of a fence?
Or a leash?

Zippyjuan
03-04-2016, 01:54 PM
Original event is actually from 1983. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mitt-romneys-dog-on-the-car-roof-story-still-proves-to-be-his-critics-best-friend/2012/03/14/gIQAp2LxCS_story.html

Romney did not simply strap Seamus to the roof. He attached a dog carrier to the roof rack of the family’s Chevrolet station wagon — the “white whale,” as his boys called it — and assembled a shield to protect Seamus from the highway winds.

The Seamus story first surfaced in the Boston Globe in a chapter of a biographical series the newspaper published in 2007, when Romney first ran for president.

One summer day in 1983, as the Globe reported, the overpacked Romney wagon — suitcases, supplies and five sons, ages 13 and under — set off from Boston for the 12-hour trek to his parents’ cottage in Ontario on the Canadian shores of Lake Huron. Romney, then a 36-year-old management consultant, had planned a single stop to refill the tank, get food and go to the bathroom.

Until the evidence of Seamus’s sickness started dripping down the back window.

“Dad!” Tagg, the eldest son, yelled from the back of the wagon. “Gross!”

Romney pulled off the highway, washed down Seamus and the car at a service station, then got back on the highway.