PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Most back ground troops in ISIS fight

Suzanimal
02-13-2015, 05:28 PM
Two-thirds of Americans want the U.S. to put some boots on the ground to fight the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, and a majority wants Congress to authorize President Obama’s plan for military action, according to a new NBC News/Maris poll released Friday.

A majority of Americans polled, 54 percent, said their member of Congress should vote to authorize U.S. military action against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), while 32 percent are opposed to it.

Positions on ground troops break down to 40 percent who support a “limited number” of troops on the ground, mostly in line with the president’s authorization. Twenty-six percent want the military to deploy a “large number of U.S. ground forces.”

The authorization request, released Tuesday, allows the president to fight ISIS for three years without geographic limitation but prohibits “enduring offensive ground combat operations.” Congressional resistance to the plan continues to grow on both sides of the aisle and many lawmakers have said they are unsure it will pass as is.

There’s a stark partisan split over the ground troop debate. Thirty-eight percent of Republicans support deploying a “large amount” of boots on the ground, while just 16 percent of Democrats back that strategy. That largely mirrors the debate in Congress: Republicans have panned the strategy for being too restrictive, while Democrats are worried the vague language could give the president too much power.

The American public also shows a partisan split over their confidence in Obama’s plan. In general, the public is about equally split — 48 percent of those polled don’t have much faith in the plan, while 45 percent do. But underneath the surface, that equilibrium comes from 82 percent of Republicans having minimal faith in Obama’s plan, compared to 71 percent of Democrats who trust the president.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/232759-poll-americans-want-congress-to-pass-aumf

twomp
02-13-2015, 05:59 PM
And the warmongers cheer at the idiots (including some on these forums) who fell for the MSM propaganda.

jkob
02-13-2015, 07:07 PM
unsurprising given the amount of fearmongering, people aren't smart enough to know that ISIS was born out of American interventionism and to only expect more of them the more we fight them

presence
02-13-2015, 07:12 PM
http://www.robshep.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/jesus_facepalm.jpg

rg17
02-13-2015, 07:15 PM
Great our debt is easily going to be at 20 trillion by the end of this year if we go to war! (Most Likely) :mad::eek:

HVACTech
02-13-2015, 07:49 PM
so, lets see, we start "operation Iraqi freedom" (no shit, I saw it on a license plate)
we do NOT find any weapons of mass destruction... but, we set them "free"

and now, we are going to go in and clean up the group that moved in?

rg17
02-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Media war propaganda brainwashing uniformed americans to neocon/liberal warmongering pigs.

Slave Mentality
02-13-2015, 08:05 PM
I just need to find some damn blue pills and go back to sleep. No I don't live in the modern Roman Empire. No I don't live in the modern Roman Empire. No I don't live in the modern Roman Empire.

Sorry rest of the world. I really am. This shit isn't going to end in my lifetime, but it doesn't matter because our fine freedom defenders have been doing this same shit since before I was born.

Did the vast majority of Romans know that thier empire was collapsing right in front of their eyes? Bread and Circus. My $5 is the focus shall be placed back upon some celebrity's ass, or a pro basketball player will coke-rape someone. I don't know, the measles will last them for a good bit.

enhanced_deficit
02-13-2015, 08:07 PM
ISIS = RM 2.0 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?459503-ISIS-Revolution-Muslim-2-0&)

Family of Israeli Arab 'held' by ISIS: He went to Syria, but he's no Mossad spy (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?468906-Family-of-Israeli-Arab-held-by-ISIS-He-went-to-Syria-but-he-s-no-Mossad-spy&)

thoughtomator
02-13-2015, 08:14 PM
http://www.original-republican.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/those-who-dont-study-history.jpg

AngryCanadian
02-13-2015, 10:35 PM
So they would be cheering ground forces in Syria then to eh? your bunch of idiots not this forum but your countrymen.

AngryCanadian
02-13-2015, 10:37 PM
unsurprising given the amount of fearmongering, people aren't smart enough to know that ISIS was born out of American interventionism and to only expect more of them the more we fight them

They can expect more and out of Europe i am hearing hatred for Americans is a bit growing around.

Brian4Liberty
02-13-2015, 11:44 PM
Yeah! Team America! Screw that Rand Paul guy who has other ideas.

TheTexan
02-13-2015, 11:50 PM
Terrorists just go around killing people even though it doesn't help their cause.. they have got to be stopped.

Feeding the Abscess
02-14-2015, 12:34 AM
Yeah! Team America! Screw that Rand Paul guy who has other ideas.

He's advocating ground troops. He's just calling for someone else to supply them. He advocated action against ISIS on the basis that they were a threat to embassies and national security posts in the region, and supported Obama in his calls for action in June of 2014.

When it comes to ISIS and public opinion, Rand Paul is part of the problem.

oyarde
02-14-2015, 01:15 AM
Well , you support it , you go fight them , I will give you two FRN's , myself , I will stay home.