PDA

View Full Version : It's Too Cold To Protest Global Warming at Yale

AuH20
02-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Not an Onion article.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/13/its-too-cold-to-protest-global-warming-at-yale/

Ronin Truth
02-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Maybe they can protest global cooling in Miami.

AbVag
02-13-2015, 08:25 PM
Not an Onion article.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/13/its-too-cold-to-protest-global-warming-at-yale/

I'd laugh at that if my location (California bay area) wasn't dealing with near record heat.

ghengis86
02-13-2015, 09:11 PM
I'd laugh at that if my location (California bay area) wasn't dealing with near record heat.

Holy lurker batman! Must be super hot out to get you inside to comment!

Also, wasn't it climate change and not global warming any longer?

For the record, we're 20-30 degrees below average here and it's predicted to only go lower. Single digit highs for at least the next week or so.

Finally, if the globe is warming, won't that lead to more arable land, like the tundra and taiga?

TheTexan
02-13-2015, 09:41 PM
Finally, if the globe is warming, won't that lead to more arable land, like the tundra and taiga?

Canada will finally become useful.

HVACTech
02-13-2015, 09:51 PM

For the record, we're 20-30 degrees below average here and it's predicted to only go lower. Single digit highs for at least the next week or so.

Reported.

clearly, the next thing that you are going to suggest is that CO2 is good for plant growth.

ghengis86
02-14-2015, 09:53 AM
Canada will finally become useful.

i wouldn't go that far

Danke
02-14-2015, 09:57 AM
Lovely day here, -3

RabbitMan
02-14-2015, 12:43 PM

Really? No, the only reason it's not called global warming anymore is because it confuses people so much and creates dumb opportunities for critics to 'prove it wrong'. "Why is it getting cold if the earth is heating up?" It's more complicated than that, don't be a jack ass.

In a country that has been experiencing record droughts in many areas over the last 10 years, nobody cares if you think this year has felt colder than the last. Sorry to sound confrontational, but it really is silly to have this debate in 2015.

AbVag
02-14-2015, 01:52 PM

Easy. I'm on your side... mostly. I just think it's funny that the weather is fighting itself. ("New York: "It's too cold!" California: "No, it's too hot!") Also, you can imagine climate change protesters are looking my direction to skew evidence in their favor. Doesn't matter how the eastern side is doing. They're supposed to be cold. My side isn't supposed to be in the 80s (even though it's been there in years past).

ghengis86
02-14-2015, 02:25 PM
Easy. I'm on your side... mostly. I just think it's funny that the weather is fighting itself. ("New York: "It's too cold!" California: "No, it's too hot!") Also, you can imagine climate change protesters are looking my direction to skew evidence in their favor. Doesn't matter how the eastern side is doing. They're supposed to be cold. My side isn't supposed to be in the 80s (even though it's been there in years past).

Sorry mate, wasn't trying to be a dick. Just noticed you've been here for quite some time, but don't comment all that often.

Yes the anti-global warming crowd would look at my locale for verification too. To each their own.

I'm not naive enough to think man can't impact his environment. I'm also not stupid enough to think nature isn't cyclical and is more powerful than all men combined.

I would hope that some balance could be found; smoke belching diesels aren't the best thing for the air, but using the point of a gun to eliminate them isn't a good option either.

pcosmar
02-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Lovely day here, -3

bout the same here.
I was hoping to would warm up to Zero.

:(

phill4paul
02-14-2015, 05:26 PM
Meh, happens every winter.

PaulConventionWV
02-14-2015, 09:41 PM
Doesn't this happen like once every year? Maybe they should do it in the summer so as to prevent being embarrassed.

Never gets old.

PaulConventionWV
02-14-2015, 09:48 PM
Really? No, the only reason it's not called global warming anymore is because it confuses people so much and creates dumb opportunities for critics to 'prove it wrong'. "Why is it getting cold if the earth is heating up?" It's more complicated than that, don't be a jack ass.

In a country that has been experiencing record droughts in many areas over the last 10 years, nobody cares if you think this year has felt colder than the last. Sorry to sound confrontational, but it really is silly to have this debate in 2015.

Yeah, it really is... especially after almost 20 years of the average temperature decreasing.

Brian4Liberty
02-14-2015, 10:43 PM

Ain't it wonderful? 70-80 and sunny. I'm working on my tan...

As far as "climate change", the southwest U.S. has been a desert for the past several thousand years. Not a big change for it to be hot here. Irrigation made CA an agricultural paradise, but talking about "man-made", that's a man-made environmental change. And it doesn't work well during droughts.

Brian4Liberty
02-14-2015, 10:45 PM
bout the same here.
I was hoping to would warm up to Zero.

:(

Some day, I may need to stop wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Or maybe not. :D

specsaregood
02-14-2015, 10:53 PM

Danke
02-14-2015, 10:55 PM
Earlier, DW and I went out back and made nude snow angels..

We really didn't need to know that.

specsaregood
02-14-2015, 10:57 PM

Brian4Liberty
02-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Earlier, DW and I went out back and made nude snow angels, then ran back inside and got in the hottub. Snow can be fun at times...

Ah, classic use of snow and sauna. I've been in the hot tub nearly every day for the past 3 weeks. Pool is too cold. Solar panels are not turned on during "winter".

anaconda
02-15-2015, 04:13 AM

Yes.

puppetmaster
02-15-2015, 05:43 AM
Ain't it wonderful? 70-80 and sunny. I'm working on my tan...

As far as "climate change", the southwest U.S. has been a desert for the past several thousand years. Not a big change for it to be hot here. Irrigation made CA an agricultural paradise, but talking about "man-made", that's a man-made environmental change. And it doesn't work well during droughts. Hey you make too much sense...wow can't believe we are talking about this in 2015....s

Stratovarious
02-15-2015, 06:33 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/16/editorial-al-gore-soothsayer/

Washington Times

Al Gore told us in 2008

The solar cap would be gone in 5 years

Hurricanes would increase in strength.

Who would have ever guessed The first great push for The New World Order would lay a foundation for the global
taxation on breathing.

Solution:
If you believe Al Gore's BS; Plant a Tree, make it illegal for Volcanoes to erupt! :-)

pcosmar
02-15-2015, 06:34 AM
Sorry, been drinking.

That usually explains it. :D

ghengis86
02-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Earlier, DW and I went out back and made nude snow angels, then ran back inside and got in the hottub. Snow can be fun at times...

Have done the same. Only now, the kids have taken over and the naked tubbing is few and far between.

We did see how long it took for our hair to freeze; about a minute. The bald eagle overhead was a nice touch.

Good times

AuH20
02-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Remember the Iron Mountain Report?

When it comes to postulating a credible substitute for war … the “alternate enemy” must imply a more immediate, tangible, and directly felt threat of destruction. It must justify the need for taking and paying a “blood price” in wide areas of human concern. In this respect, the possible substitute enemies noted earlier would be insufficient. One exception might be the environmental-pollution model, if the danger to society it posed was genuinely imminent. The fictive models would have to carry the weight of extraordinary conviction, underscored with a not inconsiderable actual sacrifice of life. … It may be, for instance, that gross pollution of the environment can eventually replace the possibility of mass destruction by nuclear weapons as the principal apparent threat to the survival of the species. Poisoning of the air, and of the principal sources of food and water supply, is already well advanced, and at first glance would seem promising in this respect; it constitutes a threat that can be dealt with only through social organization and political power. …

It is true that the rate of pollution could be increased selectively for this purpose. … But the pollution problem has been so widely publicized in recent years that it seems highly improbable that a program of deliberate environmental poisoning could be implemented in a politically acceptable manner.

However unlikely some of the possible alternative enemies we have mentioned may seem, we must emphasize that one must be found of credible quality and magnitude, if a transition to peace is ever to come about without social disintegration. It is more probable, in our judgment, that such a threat will have to be invented. (8)

oyarde
02-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Been too cold for any protests here this week and will be next week .