PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul On The Federal Government: ‘Shut The Damn Thing Down’

William Tell
02-13-2015, 08:56 AM
Rand Paul On The Federal Government: ‘Shut The Damn Thing Down’

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2014/12/Rand-Paul-amused-AP.jpg

Speaking at the American Spectator Gala in Washington D.C. last night, Sen. Rand Paul delighted the crowd with a strong anti-government speech.

He began with a defense of the government shutdown in 2013, (http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/30/politics/government-shutdown-up-to-speed/) pointing out that many Americans in “fly-over country” didn’t really care, and only a third of government was shut down at the time.

Paul blamed Obama for shutting down national parks and national monuments to raise public concern, praising World War II veterans for ignoring the barriers placed in front of their monument in Washington D.C.

“I tell people who don’t understand America, don’t understand that we need to shut the damn thing down, I tell people the image you need to remember is when the World War II veterans got off their bus, took their wire cutters, cut the barricades, and threw them on the lawn,” he said.

Paul and his wife Kelly attended the annual gala, seated at the same table as David Koch, one of the two billionaire brothers who serve as philanthropists for conservative ideas.

After highlighting more incidents of mismanaged government spending, Paul pointed out that leaders in Washington D.C. can not be trusted to properly run the country.

“Everything in Washington is broken, nothing works here,” he said. “We can’t run the post office, we are not to be trusted with money. Congress is not good with money, we shouldn’t be trusted with almost any responsibility up here. Most of government should be shut down and devolved and sent back to the states.”

Continue: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/12/rand-paul-on-the-federal-government-shut-the-damn-thing-down/

ClydeCoulter
02-13-2015, 09:13 AM
Yes, and then the states need to downsize and return a lot of things, like education, back to the local governments. There is a reason that it says, "To the States or the people".

georgiaboy
02-13-2015, 09:18 AM
seated at the same table as David Koch

oh yeah

phill4paul
02-13-2015, 09:20 AM
Yes, and then the states need to downsize and return a lot of things, like education, back to the local governments. There is a reason that it says, "To the States or the people".

+rep.

William Tell
02-13-2015, 09:24 AM

And local governments need to downsize and return a lot of things like education back to individuals and families.

Ronin Truth
02-13-2015, 09:29 AM
Can I get an "AMEN"?

Mr.NoSmile
02-13-2015, 09:34 AM
After highlighting more incidents of mismanaged government spending, Paul pointed out that leaders in Washington D.C. can not be trusted to properly run the country.

Very true. Sure, the nation didn't go to hell from the recent shutdown, but Paul's part of a party that took a hit in credibility and popularity for, in their minds, bringing on the shutdown in the first place for 'obstruction' and such. Does this party really want to look even more out of step with what we term as 'common voters' by holding things up because they disagree with the President on his immigration action?

specsaregood
02-13-2015, 09:35 AM
comments on that article are encouraging.

AuH20
02-13-2015, 09:37 AM
comments on that article are encouraging.

Breitbart's readership is pretty good. If you go there or WND, the people generally have open minds.

anaconda
02-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Wow. Rand seem to have suddenly taken a very feisty and very libertarian turn in his approach. It's almost like the vaccination issue got him fired up. It's like he's been drafting behind the establishment to an extent but is now choosing to break from the pack. I hope so. I hope Mr. Koch got fired up by Rand's speech. :D

anaconda
02-13-2015, 10:22 AM
Of course Rand will be called a "racist neo-confederate" by the "progressives" for suggesting that most government functions be returned to the states.

anaconda
02-13-2015, 10:25 AM
So I am not seeing that Rand actually said the word "damn" here.

William Tell
02-13-2015, 10:29 AM
So I am not seeing that Rand actually said the word "damn" here.

Yes he did say that damn word.

“I tell people who don’t understand America, don’t understand that we need to shut the damn thing down, I tell people the image you need to remember is when the World War II veterans got off their bus, took their wire cutters, cut the barricades, and threw them on the lawn,” he said.

Spikender
02-13-2015, 10:59 AM
seated at the same table as David Koch

Clearly Rand Paul has sold out.

Brett85
02-13-2015, 11:02 AM

Yeah, the left libertarians will have a problem with that.

helmuth_hubener
02-13-2015, 11:05 AM
Can I get an "AMEN"?

AAAAY-MENN!

Spikender
02-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Yeah, the left libertarians will have a problem with that.

Guilt by association. It's obvious that Rand is a Koch plant at this point.

AuH20
02-13-2015, 11:11 AM
Guilt by association. It's obvious that Rand is a Koch plant at this point.

The Kochtopus got him. ROFL Meanwhile, the leftists don't even bat an eye when nearly every major political figure is a CFR member.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Kochtopus.jpg

Spikender
02-13-2015, 11:18 AM
The Kochtopus got him. ROFL Meanwhile, the leftists don't even bat an eye when nearly every major political figure is a CFR member.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Kochtopus.jpg

KOCHTOPUS.

Damn, now don't that about sum it up? Surprised I haven't heard that quip before.

And as we've seen on full display for ages now, people don't give a shit what their ideological teammates do and will even make excuses for them while bashing everybody else at the same time.

It's some evolved evil form of cognitive dissonance, hypocrisy, and straight out lying all rolled into one.

juleswin
02-13-2015, 11:48 AM
Rand was against the govt. shutdown before he was for it. He may not have flip flopped with the vaccine story but I am sure he is flip flopping now. I wonder what changed?

I guess we can put this story down as something that would legitimately come back to hunt him. I like the new message now and confused at the same time.

Spikender
02-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Rand was against the govt. shutdown before he was for it. He may not have flip flopped with the vaccine story but I am sure he is flip flopping now. I wonder what changed?

anaconda
02-13-2015, 11:56 AM

Maybe Koch has simply been inspired and converted by Rand.

anaconda
02-13-2015, 11:58 AM
Yes he did say that damn word.

I missed that. My bad. Good, I'm glad he used profanity when referring to the federal government.

Spikender
02-13-2015, 12:00 PM
Maybe Koch has simply been inspired and converted by Rand.

Clearly David Koch has sold out.

YesI'mALiberal
02-13-2015, 01:17 PM

I guess we can put this story down as something that would legitimately come back to hunt him. I like the new message now and confused at the same time.

Don't worry. When Rand campaigns on the shutdown and Ted Cruz runs an ad showing Paul saying it was stupid, Rand can just claim Cruz is another liberal LSM hater distorting his words. Works every time.

Ronin Truth
02-13-2015, 03:19 PM

Familiarity often breeds contempt.

"Everything government touches turns to crap." -- Ringo Starr

JJ2
02-13-2015, 03:55 PM
Wasn't Rand for the shutdown, then against the shutdown, and now for the shutdown again?

Origanalist
02-14-2015, 12:39 PM
Breitbart's readership is pretty good. If you go there or WND, the people generally have open minds.

Uhhhh, right....

anaconda
02-14-2015, 06:20 PM

Rand joined Cruz in not voting for cloture on the budget during the shut down. No flip flop.

anaconda
02-14-2015, 06:22 PM
Clearly David Koch has sold out.

:D

TheTexan
02-14-2015, 06:43 PM
But if we shut down the Federal Government, who would build the roads?

philipped
02-14-2015, 07:07 PM
But if we shut down the Federal Government, who would build the roads?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/735/918/790.jpg

HVACTech
02-14-2015, 08:15 PM
Uhhhh, right....

open minds gather no moss.. (or something like that.)

Origanalist
02-14-2015, 08:24 PM
open minds gather no moss.. (or something like that.)

I never spent any time at WND, but I've been at Breitbart enough to know what that crowd is like.