PDA

View Full Version : Social Security Benefits Funds Restoration Bill , Is it possible ?

Stratovarious
02-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Is it possible or feasible for Sen Rand Paul to sponsor a bill the would call for the restoration
of the funds that have been borrowed / taken from it by the government.

Would the fund be viable if funds were restored with nominal interest ?

willwash
02-12-2015, 04:37 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59113263.jpg

phill4paul
02-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Then a "highway funds" restoration bill.

erowe1
02-12-2015, 04:51 PM
What funds? Social Security has always, from the day it was signed into law, been based on taking money from some people and giving it to others. They will keep doing this as long as they can.

If Rand wants to extend its life (which I hope he doesn't, but he unfortunately probably will try), then the way to do that would be by cutting other government spending.

A much better option would be just to stop paying out any Social Security to anyone effective immediately.

phill4paul
02-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Then a "highway funds" restoration bill.

In fact it is a brilliant move. Every tax act that was for a general purpose should be placed in an account for that purpose only. Not to be borrowed or stolen. When funds exceed then those specific taxes are raised. When they are exceeded then a rebursal or lowing should occur. It's great campaign logic.

willwash
02-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Screw Social Security.

ClydeCoulter
02-12-2015, 07:45 PM
Yes, they stole it all, so now just forgive them and all will be well and they won't steal any more. /sarc

Chester Copperpot
02-12-2015, 07:49 PM
yes this would force lower govtt spending

tod evans
02-12-2015, 08:17 PM
I could see the codgers stringing up politicians if the checks stopped flowing....

Good!

That's just one form of welfare that needs to stop though.....

Given my druthers it'd be stopped after many of the others, but it would be stopped..

Stratovarious
02-14-2015, 06:24 PM
I could see the codgers stringing up politicians if the checks stopped flowing....

Good!

That's just one form of welfare that needs to stop though.....

Given my druthers it'd be stopped after many of the others, but it would be stopped..

Pay for something for 50 years that you are promised will be returned to you, then humor the world while you're not getting paid back.Social Security Retirement (payments) were not designed to be paid to those who did not contribute to the fund, if you put in a maximum amount you'd receive a max return, if you didn't put in you wouldn't qualify for payments unless you were qualified under 'survivor' status.It was not set up as a classic case Welfare Program, pay in be payed back , don't pay , don't qualify.Welfare on the other hand is something I would join you in fighting, espectially the abuses.
De-fund:
Welfare
DHS
TSA
Federal Reserve
Amnesty , tax refunds ,school vouchers,welfare, and drivers licenses, for illegal aliens.
Obama
Eric Holder
10 of the 20 million government jobs....

heavenlyboy34
02-14-2015, 06:29 PM
Pay for something for 50 years that you are promised will be returned to you, then humor the world while you're not getting paid back.Social Security Retirement (payments) were not designed to be paid to those who did not contribute to the fund, if you put in a maximum amount you'd receive a max return, if you didn't put in you wouldn't qualify for payments unless you were qualified under 'survivor' status.It was not set up as a classic case Welfare Program, pay in be payed back , don't pay , don't qualify.Welfare on the other hand is something I would join you in fighting, espectially the abuses.
De-fund:
Welfare
DHS
TSA
Federal Reserve
Amnesty , tax refunds ,school vouchers,welfare, and drivers licenses, for illegal aliens.
Obama
Eric Holder
10 of the 20 million government jobs....
There's a lesson in there. Don't trust the government to create a trust fund for you. As much as I pity the youngsters (for their future is full of fail :( ), I pity almost as much the oldsters who were naive enough to believe the ridiculous lie that is SS.

Krugminator2
02-14-2015, 06:43 PM
I am extremely against anything that "restores" any funds to Social Security, in any way, from any source, for any reason. The generational theft of Social Security and Medicare is highly immoral.

I am however highly in favor of making current seniors take a hair cut. Short of that raising the age of eligibility, means testing benefits and giving people reduced health care benefits are steps in the right direction. Rand Paul, to his great credit, has endorsed those ideas.