PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Is Real in New Hampshire

libertyplz
02-12-2015, 01:53 PM
The conventional wisdom among Republican elites is that Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky is a fringe candidate with limited popular appeal. That may prove correct in the long run, but it's unsupported by recent polls -- especially last week's Bloomberg Politics/Saint Anselm New Hampshire survey.

In fact, the poll, which surveyed 989 general election voters, suggests that Paul is succeeding in generating support beyond the Republican base. His untraditional Republican views -- including skepticism of government surveillance and military interventions, and his call to reform U.S. prison and drug laws -- appear to be resonating.

The article states that Rand's favorable/unfavorable in the general electorate is 40/40, and the only other Republican w/out a net negative is Scott Walker (though he is not as well known) and he is 26/24.

In primary polls Rand is slightly trailing Bush but Rand does best in head to head match up against Hillary.

**The numbers in the article reference the survey that was done and posted here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?468461-Bloomberg-New-Hampshire-Poll-Rand-2nd-13) a few days ago (2/8)

Read the rest of the article here: http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-02-12/rand-paul-is-real-in-new-hampshire

acptulsa
02-12-2015, 01:59 PM
He's reaching beyond the Republican base--and if I remember correctly, New Hampshire has open primaries.

My fearless prediction is they want to run someone against Clinton to keep Democrats in their own primaries. Only thing is, the last time they did that the stooge beat Clinton. Which doesn't appear to be all that hard to do...

philipped
02-12-2015, 04:53 PM
I left the ill comment on this article through DISQUS and a paid pro-government troll tried to call me a *paid* Paulbot shill...Statists are truly afraid guys. The sky is the limit!

invisible
02-12-2015, 11:44 PM
He's reaching beyond the Republican base--and if I remember correctly, New Hampshire has open primaries.

My fearless prediction is they want to run someone against Clinton to keep Democrats in their own primaries. Only thing is, the last time they did that the stooge beat Clinton. Which doesn't appear to be all that hard to do...

Yes, NH has open primaries. IA is open as well. Since 2008, in IA you can register to vote instantly, or change your party registration, right there at the caucus.