PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead - Going to be Involved in Rand '16?

rbohlig
02-12-2015, 11:57 AM
One of my favorite people from Ron's 2012 campaign was Doug Wead. He had the ability to verbalize some of Ron's positions into ways that were easier to digest for the average GOP caucus goer.

Has anyone heard if Rand is going to use him once his candidacy has been announced? Haven't seen much lately about Doug, I sure hope he jumps aboard the liberty train again.

specsaregood
02-12-2015, 12:25 PM
That'd be another way to stick it to the bushes.

brushfire
02-12-2015, 12:40 PM
I have been wondering the same thing - I would hope Rand would recruit Wead. IMO, Wead was a significant influence in the 2012 election, and I would love to seem him back.

orenbus
02-12-2015, 01:07 PM
I remember reading a couple of months back that he was asked to join a meeting in Washington to advise on a potential Rand Paul run with other former members of the previous campaign. I'd think he will be involved if/when an announcement is made, although just speculation, and yes Wead was good, especially during the press interviews but also in regards to accessibility with grassroots from what I remember.

Edit: Here is the article

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rand-paul-advisers-meet-to-strategize-on-a-2016-presidential-bid/

November 12, 2014

In preparation for his all-but-announced 2016 presidential bid, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Kentucky, gathered staffers and political advisers from across the country for a meeting in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday.

The meeting, just eight days after midterm elections that saw Republicans seize the Senate majority and strengthen their grip on the House, was described as an opportunity for Paul and his advisers to pivot from the midterms to the next presidential cycle.

"As I understand it, this meeting is to both literally and symbolically change focus after the November election," one person who was invited told National Journal, "and begin to take deliberate action toward a potential 2016 run."

"This is the come-to-Jesus before the planned launch," added another adviser.

Doug Wead, a presidential historian and adviser to Paul who attended Wednesday's meeting, told CBS News the gathering was "mind-blowing" in its organization.

"Have been a part of nine presidential campaigns in one way or another, this is the best organized, most intelligent I have seen yet," he said. "This crew has a sense of making history, of impacting the system, of ending corruption. They are young, attractive, smart, tech savvy, black, white, male, female. This event is supposed to be working on organizing the upcoming work, but this event itself is a model of efficiency."

The gathering of talent was perhaps the most obvious sign yet that Paul is on the cusp of announcing a presidential bid, but the Kentucky senator hasn't exactly made a secret of his ambition.

economics102
02-12-2015, 01:17 PM
Agreed. Doug Wead was an amazing spokesperson, let's hope Rand recruits him.

philipped
02-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Why WOULDN'T Rand pick up Wead?

specsaregood
02-12-2015, 01:33 PM

Maybe you should ask George Bush why it might not be the best idea.

William Tell
02-12-2015, 01:36 PM

All I'm wondering is how many people can Rand hire? He's already hired a bunch. Big names like Wead aren't cheap.

Just thinking aloud I guess, I have no reason to think he won't hire Wead.

philipped
02-12-2015, 01:39 PM
Maybe you should ask George Bush why it might not be the best idea.

Why you getting tight off a Fox News video clip? lol

Warlord
02-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Wead is going to be a great spokesman for Rand Paul 2016

eleganz
02-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Wead could turn any dagger thrown at him or Ron into rose petals and butterflies. Doug Wead needs a meme.

ross11988
02-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Doug Wead was at LPAC having lunch with Ronnie Paul. So he is still in touch with the Paul family.

Matt Collins
02-12-2015, 10:27 PM
I spoke to Doug a few weeks back. Let's just say that yes he is indeed staying on top of things.

NewRightLibertarian
02-12-2015, 11:04 PM
Wasn't he doing some MLM scam not too long ago? Not too sure about this guy's character, but his communication skills are undeniable.

Sola_Fide
02-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Hope so.

Foreigner
02-13-2015, 01:51 AM
I spoke to Doug a few weeks back. Let's just say that yes he is indeed staying on top of things.

Oh yeah! He's awesome.

TaftFan
02-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Wasn't he doing some MLM scam not too long ago? Not too sure about this guy's character, but his communication skills are undeniable.

It was him, Israel Anderson of Ron Paul Flix, and our own Collins.

Isagenix, I believe it was called. We were told we could all be rich and donate to liberty candidates. Never bought into it.

presence
02-13-2015, 08:18 PM

I do believe all involved had the best of intentions.

Natural Citizen
02-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Hope so.

He's been around for a while, obviously, and knows how to play some of these angles.

I thought that this was an interesting read. Ron Paul and God (http://whowhatwhy.org/2011/12/20/ron-paul-and-god/)

Likely one of the few times that I'd post a piece like this but the thread just reminded me of it. Actually, your thought on it did just because I assume that his involvement with the religious community aspect of it all has some bearing on your hope so thought. And I'm not trying to put you on the spot or anything but the religious community would likely benefit with him around. Well...I guess. Not sure, really.

anaconda
02-14-2015, 01:50 AM

I've always liked Wead, but I thought this was strange:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/20/politics/20talk.html?_r=0

Feelgood
02-14-2015, 02:09 AM
MORE WEAD!!!