PDA

View Full Version : Rand will be answering questions on Facebook in regards to audit the fed this afternoon

libertyplz
02-12-2015, 10:38 AM
From his facebook:

I am proud to sponsor the Audit the Fed bill because our government needs more transparency. This afternoon, I'll be hosting a Facebook Townhall on this thread regarding the issue. Please leave your question in the COMMENTS below and participate by "liking" the questions you'd like me to respond to.

https://www.facebook.com/RandPaul/photos/a.405114511106.184842.54172246106/10152835979316107/?type=1

Warlord
02-12-2015, 11:05 AM
cool!

Warlord
02-12-2015, 11:07 AM
can someone keep track of the questions and answers and paste them into this thread? thanks in advance

libertyplz
02-12-2015, 02:05 PM
Rand is answering questions now:

I'll try to keep track of the questions and answers. I'll continue to update this post, if I miss any of the questions/answers just reply

Q1: Who in Congress is supporting an Audit and who is fighting it? That will tell us all we need to know
A1: You can see a full list here: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s264 The list is growing everyday, please encourage your member to join as a sponsor.

Q2: Why is there so much resistance to an audit? Why isn't an annual audit a requirement like with all businesses?
A2: Special interests always resist change like this. Supporters of the Fed have a lot of influence but 80% of American people support this Audit.

Q3: Can we also abolish the IRS?
A3: The IRS is too big, too powerful, and we absolutely should scrap the code. Look for my tax plan later this Spring.

Q4: Say the bill passes. What will the immediate impact on our banks and economy look like?
A4: The first thing is, the immediate impact is transparency. We need to know what the Fed is doing, and we need to make them responsible to your elected officials.

Q5: When are you going to officially announce that you are running for president?
A5: Thanks for asking, I am still looking at that with my family, and will make that decision in the next few months.

Q6: Why do we allow a private corporation with an official sounding name run the monetary policy of our country?
A6: Congress created the Fed over 100 years ago but in the years since has abdicated too much power to it. This bill is the first step in reclaiming their Constitutional power.

Q7: Dr. Paul, I have a question/comment regarding this bill:

Under Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution, the power to coin money and regulate the Value thereof is granted to Congress, not the Executive branch.

Shouldn't the Federal Reserve be under the jurisdiction of congress rather than the treasury? Under the enumerated powers, shouldn't Congress inherently have the right to audit the Fed and shouldn't that be done on an annual basis related to budgetary bills?

I of course support and see the necessity of the audit, but do not understand why a bill needs to be passed for congress to simply do what the Constitution tasked it to do.

A7: Great question! You're correct that the Constitution grants the power to Congress. The problem is that Congress has abdicated the power for too long. It's time to reclaim that power for Congress. Join us! http://www.randpac.com

Q8: We all know the Federal Reserve is a fraudulent entity. However, could an audit like this potentially destroy our world credit?
A8: Transparency is never a bad thing. We should know what they are doing. If they are doing thing that are harmful, we should know that and address them.

Q9: Rand, what are some things you are looking for with this audit?
A9: Transparency and to give Congress the ability to reassert it's Constitutional power over monetary policy.

Q10: Why have past government leaders been so afraid of doing this sooner?
What is hanging over their heads that they fear the fed so much?

A10: I always say, Congress is always 10 years behind the American people. Support for Audit the Fed has grown steadily over the least few years, especially since the bank bailouts.

Q11: After an audit what is the next realistic step in rebuilding a sound monetary policy?
A11: A lot of this is answered in the bill... https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s264 The GAO does the audit. The first one within a year. The bill then permanently removes the barriers on future audits.

Q12: Can you explain the whole situation in layman's terms? What is the fed? What have they done? What is your bill designed to do?
A12: Thanks for your question! I want to send you this article which should explain more: http://www.breitbart.com/.../10/sen-rand-paul-audit-the-fed/

libertyplz
02-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Think hes done answering now

Think I got all the questions/answers in my post above but can always go to the facebook page to double check

Warlord
02-12-2015, 02:28 PM
thanks for the updates

Barrex
02-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Impressive...

Bergie Bergeron
02-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Example no 495725 of Rand Paul using social media as it should be used.