PDA

View Full Version : Excellent interview

scbissler
06-27-2007, 10:13 PM
http://www.muckrakerreport.com/id447.html

Don't know if this has been posted already but a great interview with RP.

angrydragon
06-27-2007, 10:17 PM
I was just reading, good interview. Ron doesn't seem to mind giving the (can't think of a better term) average person an interview.

torchbearer
06-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Very very good article.

scbissler
06-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Yea, you're right (the dorm room interview comes to mind). I don't think Ive ever been to that site before but the questions were knowledgeable, insightful, etc. And RP gave great answers. I think I'm going to print it out and make copies.

ButchHowdy
06-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Covered a lot of ground - learned some new things about RP - good interview!

Man from La Mancha
06-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Very good interview, I loved how he answered the 911 question.

Congressman Ron Paul: If the 9/11 families aren’t satisfied with the results of the 9/11 Commission, than neither am I. I’m in favor of an independent investigation, provided costs are kept in check.

this question was also good, I haven't heard it ask before

Muckraker Report: I think most Americans would agree that the Bush years have seen some of the worst government corruption in American history. The time-honored means to heal a divided nation is to grant unconditional amnesty, so that anyone who may have committed crimes under executive privilege can come forward and be protected under the law. If you were president, would you consider taking such an action?

Congressman Ron Paul: Yes, granted we were able to take a close look at the specifics of each case.

angrydragon
06-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Great interview in all, Congressman Paul gives very good and reasoned responses to the questions. Oh and I gave the guy a couple of bucks. =)
I like that he got into Austrian economics, which I don't think he's done before in an interview, I could be wrong.

Congressman Ron Paul: The approach of the Austrian school is to recognize economics as grounded in human action, that is, in the creative choices made by various individuals cooperating together under the division of labor. The tendency is to view government interference in this process of creative choice as counterproductive, and there’s an emphasis on entrepreneurship as the driving force in economic development.

LizF
06-28-2007, 04:29 AM
Thanks for posting this! I liked reading what RP had to say about foreign aid & health care (HMOs).

I agree w/scbissler--this will be good to distribute to give folks more info on RP, as he articulates his answers well.

PatriotOne
06-28-2007, 06:16 AM
Very good interview, I loved how he answered the 911 question.

Congressman Ron Paul: If the 9/11 families aren’t satisfied with the results of the 9/11 Commission, than neither am I. I’m in favor of an independent investigation, provided costs are kept in check.

Now that's the answer to the question that I think is the way to go.

joeu
06-28-2007, 07:17 AM
The use of the word 'vigilante' to describe citizen activists trying to move the government to protect the border is not a good choice of words in this interview.

"This alienates taxpayers and breeds suspicion of illegal immigrants, which in turn causes citizens to form vigilante groups to deal with the issue while Congress does nothing."

LibertyEagle
06-28-2007, 07:32 AM
The use of the word 'vigilante' to describe citizen activists trying to move the government to protect the border is not a good choice of words in this interview.

"This alienates taxpayers and breeds suspicion of illegal immigrants, which in turn causes citizens to form vigilante groups to deal with the issue while Congress does nothing."

No kidding! I wonder why he did that?

1. a member of a vigilance committee.
2. any person who takes the law into his or her own hands, as by avenging a crime.
–adjective
3. done violently and summarily, without recourse to lawful procedures: vigilante justice.

LizF
06-28-2007, 07:43 AM
No kidding! I wonder why he did that?

1. a member of a vigilance committee.
2. any person who takes the law into his or her own hands, as by avenging a crime.
–adjective
3. done violently and summarily, without recourse to lawful procedures: vigilante justice.

From Wikipedia:

"A vigilante is someone who takes the enforcement of law or moral code into his or her own hands. The term is Spanish for "watchman", a private security agent. It was introduced into English from the southwestern United States, in the same way as folkloric terms like "desperados". The term is applied to citizens who "take the law into their own hands," when the actions of established authorities are insufficient. Vigilantism is generally denounced by official agencies, especially when it gives way to criminal behaviour on the part of the vigilante, even if such illegal actions save lives."

AND

Classical vigilantism (in Wikipedia):

"Classical vigilantism was practiced widely in the "late colonial or early federal period" to protect against fake religious practitioners.[3] Hine, a law clerk, points out the context of classical vigilantism of people who "were concerned with protecting home and hearth from marauders."[3] In contemporary times, classical vigilantism was observed after the destruction of New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina, as individuals watched vigil over their private homes to protect them from looters, since local police were preoccupied dealing with large numbers of displaced citizens.[4]"

nayjevin
06-28-2007, 07:47 AM
it's the right word for what he meant, it just has negative connotations to people.

nexalacer
06-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Thanks! Great post! Can't wait to share this interview with my family and friends!

LibertyEagle
06-28-2007, 08:03 AM
it's the right word for what he meant, it just has negative connotations to people.

Yeah well, perception is the whole thing.

dseisner
06-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Even though it's not mainstream media, I think this is the best interview RP has given. His answers are clear, concise, and will blow people away. At the end of the article, it asks people to donate a dollar. Give this guy a dollar! Maybe next he will write an editorial piece on Ron, who knows...it's good karma though.

scbissler
06-28-2007, 01:39 PM
I did donate, thought it a dollar very well spent.

angrydragon
06-28-2007, 01:41 PM
I forgot to add something about Ron Paul or thanking him for the Ron Paul interview in the paypal payment.

yongrel
06-28-2007, 01:56 PM
very good interview. I emailed it to about a dozen people.