PDA

View Full Version : 3 Muslim students shot to death by militant atheist in apartment near UNC Chapel Hill

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2015, 06:52 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/11/us/chapel-hill-shooting/index.html

(CNN)—A 46-year-old man has been charged with murder in the shooting death of three Muslim students in an apartment near the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus.

Police haven't said what may have compelled the accused, Craig Stephen Hicks, to allegedly carry out the attack Tuesday evening. He turned himself into police later in the night.

But given the victims' religion and comments the alleged shooter apparently left on a Facebook page, many social media users wondered what role, if any, the victims' faith played.

The victims were Muslims: Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23; Yusor Mohammad, 21; and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19.

Hicks is being held on three counts of first-degree murder.

In one post widely shared online, Hicks, who claimed he is an atheist, allegedly wrote: "When it comes to insults, your religion started this, not me. If your religion kept its big mouth shut, so would I."

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2015, 06:55 AM
In Hicks’ Facebook, he refers to himself as a ‘militant atheist’ and posts related to atheism are the majority on his Facebook. His avatar is “Atheists for Equality”, and he has several posts dedicated to gay rights. He was recently married to his wife, but only a couple of posts are related to that. He liked “Forward Progressives’ as well as an anti-‘Teabaggers’ group. He was a fan of Richard Dawkins and Neil De Grasse Tyson.

http://weaselzippers.us/213787-3-muslim-students-shot-to-death-in-chapel-hill-by-man-who-described-himself-as-militant-atheist/

tod evans
02-11-2015, 07:10 AM
So now a persons "religion" is what "The-Newz" uses to distinguish one from the masses...

Wasn't religion the original difference folks used to differentiate one from another before nationality and race entered into it?

The more things change...........

jmdrake
02-11-2015, 07:13 AM
Oh....but the religious right's mantra is "Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims." So this militant atheist was really an undercover muslim practicing takfira so that he could kill rival muslims and muslims would not be blamed for the killing.

Working Poor
02-11-2015, 07:16 AM
Oh boy...

tod evans
02-11-2015, 07:21 AM
It was so much easier when you were supposed to hate/envy those who either looked different or lived in another neighborhood...

It's so complicated now, first you need to understand all the different subtleties of the various religions and how one interacts with another and now Atheism and feminism are thrown in for good measure......:confused:

It'd be so much easier if dear-reader would take his bully-pulpit and decree X amount of days "Hate group XYZ" time and then the next few days "Hate group ABC", that way every little subset of society could claim victimization at some point during the year....

DamianTV
02-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Boogity boogity Militant

and

Boogity boogity Atheist

You. Need. Govt. To. Protect. You. From. Dangerous. Lollipops and Munchkins!

Although hearing anyone gets hurt, the Govt probably pushed him to the breaking point at the start!

SSRIs?

jmdrake
02-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Hey....I just thought of something. I wonder what Bill "religion is the problem" Mahr thinks of this story?

Sola_Fide
02-11-2015, 07:27 AM
3 Muslim students shot to death by militant atheist in apartment near UNC Chapel Hill

This can't be true. Atheists are anarchists who support peaceful voluntary interactions.

osan
02-11-2015, 07:32 AM
In b4 MKUltra conspiracy d00ds.

This is the work of the j00z via a Manch00rian put in place in the 70s by the CIA.

Now, on an even less-serious note, I am wondering how Bammy may respond to this. A call for more gun control? 1A restrictions to protect his genetic stock from hurt fillings? Perhaps he'll finally just say "fuck it" and declare martial law. The mind reels at the possibilities.

DamianTV
02-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Oops, I forgot one...

Boogity boogity Guns!

otherone
02-11-2015, 08:09 AM
This can't be true. Atheists are anarchists who support peaceful voluntary interactions.

In related news (http://www.infowars.com/church-asks-followers-to-submit-to-government-call-911-on-suspicious-neighbors/) (from another thread):

Church Asks Followers to Submit to Government, Call 911 on Suspicious Neighbors
"I pledge to call 911 if I see someone suspicious in my neighborhood"

A church hosting a law enforcement appreciation sermon asked its followers to pledge their allegiance to government this weekend, arguing that all state authorities throughout history have been ordained by God.

According to an anonymous visitor of the Gold Creek Community Church in Mill Creek, Washington, who provided exclusive photos to Infowars, attendees were ordered to submit to the state without question.

“They had police worship today and last week was military worship where they played clips of American Sniper…” the source said. “They were telling people to basically worship government and worship police no matter what. No mention of police brutality, no mention of the stingray systems grabbing our data…”

The church’s pastor, Dan Kellog, who is also reportedly a police chaplain, used the Romans 13 bible verse to justify his position. As noted by Infowars Paul Joseph Watson, Romans 13 has long been used by authoritarian regimes to force compliance.

“Romans 13 has routinely been cited by tyrants throughout history in an attempt to prevent Christians from opposing their rule, indeed, it was Hitler’s favorite bible verse,” Watson wrote. “Religious groups such as the Catholics in 1930’s Germany also used the verse as an excuse not to rise up against the Nazis when they were still a minority political party.”

Near the end of the sermon, members of the congregation were asked to raise their right hands and make a pledge, which included the promise to call 911 on “suspicious” neighbors.

Looks like atheists are the next "terrorists".

Uriel999
02-11-2015, 08:31 AM
In related news (http://www.infowars.com/church-asks-followers-to-submit-to-government-call-911-on-suspicious-neighbors/) (from another thread):

A church hosting a law enforcement appreciation sermon asked its followers to pledge their allegiance to government this weekend, arguing that all state authorities throughout history have been ordained by God.

According to an anonymous visitor of the Gold Creek Community Church in Mill Creek, Washington, who provided exclusive photos to Infowars, attendees were ordered to submit to the state without question.

“They had police worship today and last week was military worship where they played clips of American Sniper…” the source said. “They were telling people to basically worship government and worship police no matter what. No mention of police brutality, no mention of the stingray systems grabbing our data…”

The church’s pastor, Dan Kellog, who is also reportedly a police chaplain, used the Romans 13 bible verse to justify his position. As noted by Infowars Paul Joseph Watson, Romans 13 has long been used by authoritarian regimes to force compliance.

“Romans 13 has routinely been cited by tyrants throughout history in an attempt to prevent Christians from opposing their rule, indeed, it was Hitler’s favorite bible verse,” Watson wrote. “Religious groups such as the Catholics in 1930’s Germany also used the verse as an excuse not to rise up against the Nazis when they were still a minority political party.”

Near the end of the sermon, members of the congregation were asked to raise their right hands and make a pledge, which included the promise to call 911 on “suspicious” neighbors.

Looks like atheists are the next "terrorists".

Does that mean agnostics are terrorist sympathizers?

Screw it, I just made another list. I hope when we are all at camp fema together we can get our dossiers so we can compare who's the bigger "threat."

FloralScent
02-11-2015, 08:37 AM
Hey....I just thought of something. I wonder what Bill "religion is the problem" Mahr thinks of this story?

If one is a "militant atheist", then he is just another religious nut, no deity needed. This does not mean that I think all religious folks are nuts. ;)

tod evans
02-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Faces;

paleocon1
02-11-2015, 09:32 AM
The guy apparently committed Murder One. It really doesn't matter what his race/religion/gender preference might be. He deserves a fair trial and if found guilty a quick trip to the gallows. EOS

squarepusher
02-11-2015, 10:13 AM
Sounds like a hate crime to me.

enhanced_deficit
02-11-2015, 10:18 AM
It appears it was not anti-semitic attack, current news headlines say it was over parking lot dispute.

In Hicks’ Facebook, he refers to himself as a ‘militant atheist’ and posts related to atheism are the majority on his Facebook. His avatar is “Atheists for Equality”, and he has several posts dedicated to gay rights. He was recently married to his wife, but only a couple of posts are related to that. He liked “Forward Progressives’ as well as an anti-‘Teabaggers’ group. He was a fan of Richard Dawkins and Neil De Grasse Tyson.

And victims were fans of coexistence.

http://axisoflogic.com/artman/uploads/3/twit.jpeg

In related news (from another thread):

Fromm other thread:

Lawyer: Indian citizen out for a walk left paralyzed by Alabama police
(http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?468653-Lawyer-Indian-citizen-out-for-a-walk-left-paralyzed-by-Alabama-police&)

“He was just out for a walk, and apparently someone made a suspicious person call … This is a grandfather who came to help his son and daughter-in-law with their 17-month-old son who was premature and developmentally delayed,” Henry F. Sherrod, a civil rights attorney from Florence, Alabama, told Al Jazeera on Tuesday.

thoughtomator
02-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Dean Smith was always a fan of shooting the three.

(too soon?)

jonhowe
02-11-2015, 10:29 AM
How can your motto be "atheists for equality" and then go shoot people? SMH This is why I dislike the term "militant atheist". What are we going to solve with violence when it comes to atheism? You can't force people to stop believing, and I don't think most of us atheists would have any interest in doing so if you could.

Richard Dawkins and Neil De Grasse Tyson are both about as anti violence as they come. Sad to see them dragged into this.

I hope he rots in jail.

Note: Most headlines say cops "arrested" the suspect. Apparently he turned himself in. Again with those questionable verbs in police incidents...

enhanced_deficit
02-11-2015, 10:39 AM
I hope he rots in jail.

If he is luckier than this Texan killer.

Texas executes 9/11 'revenge' killer (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jul/21/texas-executes-911-revenge-killer)
www.theguardian.com › World › Capital punishmentThe Guardian
Jul 21, 2011 - Mark Stroman shot dead two convenience store workers he believed to be Arab in Dallas shooting spree in 2001.

alucard13mm
02-11-2015, 07:48 PM
I read it was because of a parking spot.

green73
02-11-2015, 07:50 PM
Murica: Land of inclusion.

donnay
02-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Very sad...

Dianne
02-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Very sad...

I agree. It's a shame those students weren't packing, cause they would have blown his worthless ass away and been alive to tell about it.

Uriel999
02-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Sounds like a hate crime to me.

All crimes are hate crimes.

The idea that a crime can be judged as to whether it was motivated by hate for certain groups introduces the notion of a thought police. It implies that some victims have greater worth than others. The extra and arbitrary enforcement power mocks the principle of equal justice before the law. Why should the penalty for assault be different depending on the race, sexual orientation or membership in a particular group? Because some criminals have in the past been punished less harshly due to their victim's belonging to a particular group is hardly a justification for a criminal to be punished more harshly for the same reason. It's best we drop the whole concept of hyphenated rights and refer only to individual rights. When hate crime legislation is written or proposed it comes up short in promoting justice. Hate crime legislation and the obsession with political correctness seem to satisfy the urge to condemn thoughtless people by misusing the law.
Source: Liberty Defined, by Rep. Ron Paul, p.148-149 , Apr 19, 2011