PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck and Ron Paul

RonPaulMania
12-04-2007, 12:27 AM
I know many of us are upset with Beck's comments about us being in league with the forces of evil, but we need to get over ourselves. Stop asking for a retraction before Paul goes on his show and just suck it up and grow up.

We have to be willing to lose battles in order to win wars. I'm willing to give up a pawn in order to get the Queen in chess. I'm willing to be labeled a maniac in order that Paul gets the push from US to get on his show and get millions of dollars worth of airtime.

Whether or not we like it we need the media to get name recognition and exposure. Ron Paul can beat anyone on the issues, but how can we decry his statements about him abolishing the Fed and the CIA without first explaining himself and getting a national platform.

It's not just about Beck giving Paul exposure, it's other news outlets who will see he's not a quack and minds and hearts will be changed. Let's take Beck's statements on us and forgive it for the greater good. What's the worse case scenario: Beck stays against Paul's supporters or Beck becomes open-minded to the policy of non-interventionism and maybe even converts.

Let's stop this apologizing business and get him on the show and on the radio. 2 hours of exposure is just "what the doctor ordered".

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 12:29 AM
you only have three posts... don't you think we've discussed before? Search for the right thread and copy and paste your response. You'll learn here we all are a very motley crew and dissagree and fight on almost everything

but we all love Ron Paul

literatim
12-04-2007, 12:31 AM
I have already forgiven Glenn Beck.

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 12:34 AM

same here

hillertexas
12-04-2007, 12:37 AM

Me too

Platondas
12-04-2007, 12:46 AM
This topic has been discussed at length the conclusion seems to be that the campaign doesn't want to do it right now for "scheduling reasons" and the majority back, though disagree, with the decision.

xexkxex
12-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Me too

me three

Benaiah
12-04-2007, 12:51 AM
you only have three posts... don't you think we've discussed before? Search for the right thread and copy and paste your response. You'll learn here we all are a very motley crew and dissagree and fight on almost everything

but we all love Ron Paul

LOL that's so true.

RonPaulMania
12-04-2007, 02:57 AM

but we all love Ron Paul

The entire idea that I have 3 posts is irrelevant. I used to have another account that I couldn't recoup when the board switched to the new server. I was on these boards before you were here, but really it's silly to get into this "how many posts you have makes things relevant" mentality which is indicative of youth, not wisdom. I was on these boards almost from there inception. I was happy when we brought in $75,000 in one day and thought we robbed the bank.

Regardless, I think it's appropriate to see so many cry over Beck and wanting an apology before they fight for Paul on his show for the common good. I think a reminder to petition everyone for the best of the campaign is necessary.

While many of us disagree is also irrelevant. It's what's best for the country. I came back to this board after lurking after losing my account and find this subject that important.

Roxi
12-04-2007, 03:11 AM
I completely agree and was just talking about this a few minutes ago... 2 hours is 2 hours... it doesn't matter if GB is an idiot the whole time, ron can take him

and bringing up the whole apology also brings up his original statements all over again, which is stupid... just let it die, and do the damn show so we can quit talking about it

LibertyEagle
12-04-2007, 03:12 AM
The entire idea that I have 3 posts is irrelevant. I used to have another account that I couldn't recoup when the board switched to the new server. I was on these boards before you were here, but really it's silly to get into this "how many posts you have makes things relevant" mentality which is indicative of youth, not wisdom. I was on these boards almost from there inception. I was happy when we brought in $75,000 in one day and thought we robbed the bank.

Regardless, I think it's appropriate to see so many cry over Beck and wanting an apology before they fight for Paul on his show for the common good. I think a reminder to petition everyone for the best of the campaign is necessary.

While many of us disagree is also irrelevant. It's what's best for the country. I came back to this board after lurking after losing my account and find this subject that important.

What was your name before? Just curious. :)

Exarel
12-04-2007, 03:20 AM

I haven't but it is irrelevant for me, i still think he should absolutely go on it. He can be forgiven when he appologizes.

Petar
12-04-2007, 04:10 AM
I think Beck is an enemy who only wants RP on his show cause he figures he can destroy him in that time...I think going on the show is arguably about as dignified as being "interviewed" by a neo nazi, irregardless of how much airtime you get...

tonyr1988
12-04-2007, 04:17 AM
I think Beck is an enemy who only wants RP on his show cause he figures he can destroy him in that time...I think going on the show is arguably about as dignified as being "interviewed" by a neo nazi, irregardless of how much airtime you get...

1) Beck *can't* destroy Paul, so what do we care what his plans are?

2) Beck, in the past, no matter how much he hates his guests, has treated all of them with a decent amount of respect, especially given the behavior of his counterparts.

3) In 2 hours, Paul *has* to be able to speak his mind. It's completely impossible for Beck to cut him off continually for that long.

4) What does it matter if he's being interviewed by a "neo nazi?" As long as the interviewee is treating him fairly with decent, policy-based questions, why should we care? Using that as a basis for your logic is the exact same as those who say Paul is a truther because he goes on Alex Jones' show.

5) It *does* matter how much airtime Paul gets. Not only because it helps get his name recognition to a wider audience, but it helps Paul more than any other candidate. Remember: he's campaigning on a message, and it's hard to cram all of the reasoning behind it (especially since he uses history a lot) in 20-second soundbites. The longer the interviews, the better.

6) Irregardless isn't a word. Sorry - had to throw that one in there. :)