PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Money Bomb ends Monday! Falling behind goal!

kbs021
02-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Not sure if everyone knows but Rand Paul has a money bomb going on. The link is on his Facebook Page. Goal is 150 k and currently it is at 37.3 k. Might not be a bad time to chip in a few bucks.

r3volution 3.0
02-08-2015, 02:51 PM
bump

Valli6
02-08-2015, 05:08 PM
"Stand with RandŽ Audit the Fed" Money Bomb
...to raise $150,000
http://www.randpac.us/2015-ATF-MB.aspx?pid=207t6

specsaregood
02-08-2015, 06:02 PM
It concerns me that the people on Randals staff don't know what goes into making a successful "moneybomb".

kbs021
02-08-2015, 06:15 PM
I think the point of this money bomb was just to come off as low key. I don't think they want to send the full on message of campaign financing yet. This is especially true since he hasn't even formally declared yet. I think about 50k is good for this little money bomb. I would agree that future money bombs need to be better advertised.

anaconda
02-08-2015, 08:05 PM
It concerns me that the people on Randals staff don't know what goes into making a successful "moneybomb".

Remember when candidate Obama tried to do a money bomb after Ron's and raised $4,600?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2007/11/ron-paul-inspir/

JK/SEA
02-08-2015, 08:12 PM
we're having a moneybomb here saturday.

whoisjohngalt
02-09-2015, 12:09 PM
I think the point of this money bomb was just to come off as low key. I don't think they want to send the full on message of campaign financing yet. This is especially true since he hasn't even formally declared yet. I think about 50k is good for this little money bomb. I would agree that future money bombs need to be better advertised.

I disagree, this was a pathetic effort. If you are using the branding of money bomb, it shouldn't be low key by definition.

I follow Rand Paul obsessively and just now found out about this.

specsaregood
02-09-2015, 12:29 PM
I disagree, this was a pathetic effort. If you are using the branding of money bomb, it shouldn't be low key by definition.

I follow Rand Paul obsessively and just now found out about this.

Exactly they should have just called it a fundraiser or something, not misuse the moneybomb.

Just in case some of his people read this, here are a couple points off the top of my head on how to make a Moneybomb successful.
1. Lead time. The moneybomb needs to be scheduled at least a week ahead of time, if not longer. This gives people a chance to spread the word and for people to have the money ready to donate during the moneybomb period.

2. Weekdays. I'm pretty sure that historically moneybombs that start on a weekday are more successful than weekends, as a lot of people aren't near their computers on the weekends.

3. A variety of banner ads, quips, slogans for people to use in profiles, signatures and to tweet.

4. An antagonist (ties into #3) The best moneybombs were in response to a specific slight, historical event or general antagonist.
eg: black this out, Kentucky fight, fifth of November, tea party
*with the federal reserve/yellen fighting the audit and the history of the creature itself, there is plenty of material here to make some fun themes/memes to get people excite about this type of moneybomb. this also ties into #1 (lead time) give the community a chance to use their creativity to create these for you.

5. Entertaining. the moneybombs worked in large measure because they were entertaining/fun. it wasn't just giving money away.

That just a few off the top of my head. Perhaps team randal would do well to research the history of the moneybombs and not just the msm stories on the subject.

whoisjohngalt
02-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Exactly they should have just called it a fundraiser or something, not misuse the moneybomb.

Just in case some of his people read this, here are a couple points off the top of my head on how to make a Moneybomb successful.
1. Lead time. The moneybomb needs to be scheduled at least a week ahead of time, if not longer. This gives people a chance to spread the word and for people to have the money ready to donate during the moneybomb period.

2. Weekdays. I'm pretty sure that historically moneybombs that start on a weekday are more successful than weekends, as a lot of people aren't near their computers on the weekends.

3. A variety of banner ads, quips, slogans for people to use in profiles, signatures and to tweet.

4. An antagonist (ties into #3) The best moneybombs were in response to a specific slight, historical event or general antagonist.
eg: black this out, Kentucky fight, fifth of November, tea party
*with the federal reserve/yellen fighting the audit and the history of the creature itself, there is plenty of material here to make some fun themes/memes to get people excite about this type of moneybomb. this also ties into #1 (lead time) give the community a chance to use their creativity to create these for you.

5. Entertaining. the moneybombs worked in large measure because they were entertaining/fun. it wasn't just giving money away.

That just a few off the top of my head. Perhaps team randal would do well to research the history of the moneybombs and not just the msm stories on the subject.

It's almost like you've done this before.

I know for a fact that people at the forums have a wealth of experience in this department. Ron's early 2012 campaign moneybombs were essentially birthed and developed here and then subsequently embraced by the campaign.

Rand's campaign asserts far too much control for it to go that way (and he keeps a safe distance from places like this), but it would be nice to see some of the members of his team reach out to those who have been directly involved in planning, marketing, designing, etc. for Ron's moneybombs.

specsaregood
02-09-2015, 01:22 PM
It's almost like you've done this before.
only as much as any ordinary rpf'er. just observant.

Rand's campaign asserts far too much control for it to go that way
You would think he would know better. eg: http://www.kentuckyfight.com/

(and he keeps a safe distance from places like this), but it would be nice to see some of the members of his team reach out to those who have been directly involved in planning, marketing, designing, etc. for Ron's moneybombs.
I have no doubt he has read this forum from time to time and it would be stupid for his people not to read it regularly (I assume they do)

Anti Federalist
02-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Rand's campaign asserts far too much control for it to go that way (and he keeps a safe distance from places like this), but it would be nice to see some of the members of his team reach out to those who have been directly involved in planning, marketing, designing, etc. for Ron's moneybombs.

Then it should come as no surprise that Team Randal does not have a clue how to run a "money bomb".

jjdoyle
02-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Not sure if everyone knows but Rand Paul has a money bomb going on. The link is on his Facebook Page. Goal is 150 k and currently it is at 37.3 k. Might not be a bad time to chip in a few bucks.

Do you work for Rand PAC? Just curious, as this was apparently your first thread post on the forums? Trying to get forum members to give money? Sounds like another member that has been around here for a while....

Then it should come as no surprise that Team Randal does not have a clue how to run a "money bomb".

I think it's more than a proven fact at this point that Ron Paul Inc., unfortunately even now Ron Paul maybe, want little or nothing to do with the grassroots other than for their money. ESPECIALLY because of the fringe among us...you know, those of us that don't believe every single wonderful thing from the gubberment?

But, for someone like Rand that has made some great inroads in the establishment and their moneybags, shouldn't this be at like $10,000,000 by now?

Smitty
02-09-2015, 04:03 PM
Does Rand know about this?

orenbus
02-09-2015, 04:09 PM
http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2011/04/godzilla_facepalm_sm-150x150.jpg

Smitty
02-09-2015, 04:24 PM
I'm not very familiar with RandPAC, but when I started looking around I found that it spends money on Senate campaigns.

This guy was Chairman of Senate Intelligence Committee during the run up to the war in Iraq, and RandPAC spent money on his campaign in Kansas.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/rand-paul-rand-pac-pat-roberts-2014-election-112242.html

jjdoyle
02-09-2015, 04:47 PM
I'm not very familiar with RandPAC, but when I started looking around I found that it spends money on Senate campaigns.

This guy was Chairman of Senate Intelligence Committee during the run up to the war in Iraq, and RandPAC spent money on his campaign in Kansas.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/rand-paul-rand-pac-pat-roberts-2014-election-112242.html

Pat Roberts is like a John McCain and a waste of money and time in DC, IMO. He deserves no support, except for Rand Paul helping him pack his bags and seeing him off at the airport. Some votes from his wonderful record:
Voted YES on making federal death penalty appeals harder. (Because the federal government never makes a mistake, and would NEVER try to have someone killed after first filing false charges against them.)
Voted YES on authorizing use of military force against Iraq.
Voted YES on designating Iran's Revolutionary Guards as terrorists.
Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's wiretap provision.
Voted YES on reauthorizing the PATRIOT Act.
Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps.

Real great Republican leader.

Krugminator2
02-09-2015, 05:09 PM

I've never understood it, but pretty much every leadership PAC supports candidates. Cruz transferred 250k out of his PAC to the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

specsaregood
02-09-2015, 05:15 PM

I don't believe Randal got involved in that during the primary only at the end. A big part of it was trying to ensure the GOP won the majority of the Senate since Reid was stymying all his legislative proposals. I would assume he had assurance from McConnell that as senate leader he would allow those proposals to go up for a vote. Which it looks like he is going to follow through on. Roberts opponent IIRC was a super liberal in disguise running as an independent.

If Randal is able to get some of his legislation through such as the Hemp proposal, Redeem Act, Audit the fed, among others, then I'd argue it was money well spent. it certainly wasn't going to happen with a Reid controlled senate.

philipped
02-09-2015, 05:24 PM
If Randal is able to get some of his legislation through such as the Hemp proposal, Redeem Act, Audit the fed, among others, then I'd argue it was money well spent. it certainly wasn't going to happen with a Reid controlled senate.

^^^

philipped
02-09-2015, 05:25 PM

^^^

Krugminator2
02-09-2015, 05:40 PM

I would note too that Pat Roberts was one of the only Republicans to support Rand in the Cuban Embargo debate.

kbs021
02-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Do you work for Rand PAC? Just curious, as this was apparently your first thread post on the forums? Trying to get forum members to give money? Sounds like another member that has been around here for a while....

I think it's more than a proven fact at this point that Ron Paul Inc., unfortunately even now Ron Paul maybe, want little or nothing to do with the grassroots other than for their money. ESPECIALLY because of the fringe among us...you know, those of us that don't believe every single wonderful thing from the gubberment?

But, for someone like Rand that has made some great inroads in the establishment and their moneybags, shouldn't this be at like $10,000,000 by now?

I don't work for any campaigns, pac, etc. I figured this should be posted somewhere. I actually have only posted like 2 or 3 things here before. DailyPaul is not doing much Rand stuff so I figured this site would be more welcoming to a post about Money bombs. After making this post the money has more than doubled so I feel pretty good about posting it lol. I am not trying to get people to give money to anything they don't want too. This site seems welcoming to Rand becoming president.

philipped
02-10-2015, 09:17 AM
This site seems welcoming to Rand becoming president.

It is, some are just very cautious and I believe they have all the right to be tbh. But isn't it odd though that as of now they are at 83,000 which puts them severely under their limit at the original set cut-off date. Is it a lack of a strong grassroots engagement?, poor time management of the actual mb?, ineffective marketing? Whatever the issue is I believe that the next money bomb (the one I would assume after announcement) needs to make this L look like it almost didn't even happen.

My $0.02.

philipped
02-10-2015, 09:17 AM

It is, some are just very cautious and I believe they have all the right to be tbh. But isn't it odd though that as of now they are at 83,000 which puts them severely under their limit at the original set cut-off date. Is it a lack of a strong grassroots engagement?, poor time management of the actual mb?, ineffective marketing? Whatever the issue is I believe that the next money bomb (the one I would assume after announcement) needs to make this L look like it almost didn't even happen.

My $0.02.

philipped
02-10-2015, 09:34 AM

My $0.02.

kbs021
02-10-2015, 10:07 AM

My $0.02.

Whenever Rand has a legitimate money bomb, I am sure it will be big. I have been very impressed with Rand's campaign so far. They have used social media far better than all the other contenders combined. The goal was 150,000 so you know this was a small one. I feel many people are comparing this to the ones that Ron would raise 2 million. Rand hasn't declared he is even running yet! And many of those were during the primaries. If the next one is the announcement then yes it will be a much bigger deal.

ctiger2
02-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Moneybombs are so 2008.

Brian4Liberty
02-10-2015, 11:49 AM

Almost seems like a test of how much a last minute Twitter/Facebook fund-raiser via Rand's accounts could raise. Isn't "libertarian girl" involved in Rand's social media accounts now?

This was the first reference I found on Twitter, on a Friday night. As others have said, many people are off the computer on the weekends.

Brian4Liberty
02-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Oh yeah, and just to state the obvious, this type of fund-raiser is another way to build RandPACs donor list.

Smitty
02-10-2015, 12:07 PM
I think a big part of the problem is that the concept is so vague.

People understand how money works in a campaign, but it's not exactly clear how money could be used to bring about an audit of the Fed. And, as noted in previous posts in this thread, PAC's frequently use their funds to assist other campaigns. So obviously, one never really knows how their donations to a PAC will be used.

So, how is the money that was donated going to be used to generate an audit of the Fed?

Natural Citizen
02-10-2015, 12:09 PM
I'm still baffled by the notion that people actually believe that a genuine and true audit of the fed will ever happen. Do we understand the depth of a true audit of the fed? What such a schematic to do so would contain? I've went through what a genuine audit of the fed is supposed to look like around here a couple of times. I mean, it's here some place. No offense but Rand's schematic for an audit of the fed is shallow.

And something else. Heh. The global/world debt is 57 trillion smackers. That's right. 57 trillion. And because of this reality nations are scrambling. Currencies and financial clearing models are evolving. Economic infrastructure is changing.

philipped
02-10-2015, 12:14 PM
My bad about the multiple posts. Internet was wilding out.

orenbus
02-12-2015, 01:01 PM
There was no SSL on the initial form page?

r3volution 3.0
02-12-2015, 03:03 PM
I don't believe Randal got involved in that during the primary only at the end. A big part of it was trying to ensure the GOP won the majority of the Senate since Reid was stymying all his legislative proposals. I would assume he had assurance from McConnell that as senate leader he would allow those proposals to go up for a vote. Which it looks like he is going to follow through on. Roberts opponent IIRC was a super liberal in disguise running as an independent.

Bingo

Playing the game (successfully) require a more complex strategy than "support the good guys, fight the bad guys."

Jamesiv1
02-13-2015, 06:05 AM
Moneybombs are so 2008.
lol yep