PDA

View Full Version : Gallup CEO Fears He Might “Suddenly Disappear” for Questioning US Jobs Data

Origanalist
02-07-2015, 09:48 PM
http://wallstreetonparade.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Gallup-CEO-Jim-Clifton-Worries-Aloud-on-CNBC-That-He-Might-Disappear-for-Criticizing-the-Governments-Job-Numbers.jpg

Years of unending news stories on U.S. government programs of surveillance, rendition and torture have apparently chilled the speech of even top business executives in the United States.

Yesterday, Jim Clifton, the Chairman and CEO of Gallup, an iconic U.S. company dating back to 1935, told CNBC that he was worried he might “suddenly disappear” and not make it home that evening if he disputed the accuracy of what the U.S. government is reporting as unemployed Americans.

The CNBC interview came one day after Clifton had penned a gutsy opinion piece on Gallup’s web site, defiantly calling the government’s 5.6 percent unemployment figure “The Big Lie” in the article’s headline. His appearance on CNBC was apparently to walk back the “lie” part of the title and reframe the jobs data as just hopelessly deceptive.

Clifton stated the following on CNBC:

“I think that the number that comes out of BLS [Bureau of Labor Statistics] and the Department of Labor is very, very accurate. I need to make that very, very clear so that I don’t suddenly disappear. I need to make it home tonight.”

After getting that out of the way, Clifton went on to eviscerate the legitimacy of the cheerful spin given to the unemployment data, telling CNBC viewers that the percent of full time jobs in this country as a percent of the adult population “is the worst it’s been in 30 years.”

Clifton drilled down further in his on line opinion piece, writing as follows:

“Right now, we’re hearing much celebrating from the media, the White House and Wall Street about how unemployment is ‘down’ to 5.6%. The cheerleading for this number is deafening. The media loves a comeback story, the White House wants to score political points and Wall Street would like you to stay in the market.

continued...http://wallstreetonparade.com/2015/02/gallup-ceo-fears-he-might-suddenly-disappear-for-questioning-u-s-jobs-data/

sparebulb
02-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Total overreaction on Clifton's part.

I'm sure that he can safely speak his mind and then enjoy his retirement in Hawaii with last year's winners, Whitman, Price and Haddod.

donnay
02-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Pretty telling.

enhanced_deficit
02-08-2015, 12:33 AM
http://wallstreetonparade.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Gallup-CEO-Jim-Clifton-Worries-Aloud-on-CNBC-That-He-Might-Disappear-for-Criticizing-the-Governments-Job-Numbers.jpg

The CNBC interview came one day after Clifton had penned a gutsy opinion piece on Gallup’s web site, defiantly calling the government’s 5.6 percent unemployment figure “The Big Lie” in the article’s headline. His appearance on CNBC was apparently to walk back the “lie” part of the title and reframe the jobs data as just hopelessly deceptive.

Clifton stated the following on CNBC:

“I think that the number that comes out of BLS [Bureau of Labor Statistics] and the Department of Labor is very, very accurate. I need to make that very, very clear so that I don’t suddenly disappear. I need to make it home tonight.”

If something happened to the gallop ceo , it would be a major swcgate scandal that could lead to govermment change. Democracy is volatile system.

DamianTV
02-08-2015, 03:30 AM
This is directly related to another thread in the Economy and Markets forum here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?468116-The-Big-Lie-5-6-Unemployment-Gallup

Works fine as its own thread.

---

He may very well be correct that his life is now in danger because he challenged the Govt's Monopoly on Belief, this part is the Economy is "just fine" and "go back to sleep".

jmdrake
02-08-2015, 03:35 AM
If something happened to the gallop ceo , it would be a major swcgate scandal that could lead to govermment change. Democracy is volatile system.

Not really. The coroner would rule it a heart attack and then kill himself. Anybody who questioned that would be ridiculed as a conspiracy theorist. Obviously the government would never actually kill someone who said the government might kill me because that would bolster the claims of the conspiracy theorists therefore conspiracies don't exist. Go back to sleep.