PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina Senators team up to 'Bundy Ranch' the entire country.

GunnyFreedom
02-06-2015, 03:17 PM
Most of y'all aren't from North Carolina, but please contact your own Senators to help stop this abomination, particularly if your Senator is listed amongst the Aye votes. The below is copied directly from my recent fedbook post, so it is written North Carolina specific.

https://www.facebook.com/glenbradley/posts/10153140300038274

North Carolina Conservatives, we've got a problem. Richard Burr and Thom Tillis are already selling out North Carolina conservatives. The Land and Water Conservation Fund exists to buy private land and place it under Federal control at the behest of radical environmentalists. (Remember the Bundy Ranch?) It sunsets every 10 years. Senator Richard Burr has now introduced a bill to make this progressive abomination PERMANENT. Senator Thom Tillis supports it, and has already voted in favor of it as an amendment to the Keystone Pipeline bill. That Amendment failed by 1 vote. Richard Burr's bill needs 10 fewer votes than the Amendment did to pass, and he has already tried once to sneak it in under an unrecorded consent motion. Are we ready to get angry yet? Or, are we still defending every liberal progressive idea this guy has simply because he has an (R) after his name?

Senator Richard Burr (R-NC) tried to bring his bill, S. 338, to re-authorize the Land and Water Conservation Fund permanently to the Senate floor this afternoon under expedited procedures that bypass the committee of jurisdiction and regular order. He was thwarted by an objection from Senator Mike Lee (R-Utah). Please thank Senator Lee.

You may do so by e-mailing your thanks to Rachel Bovard at Rachel_Bovard@lee.senate.gov

Last week, Senator Burr offered an amendment to S. 1, the Keystone Pipeline bill, that expressed the sense of the Senate that the LWCF should be re-authorized permanently. The LWCF's current ten-year authorization for appropriations expires on 30th September. The Senate voted 59 to 39 in favor of the resolution, but it required 60 votes to be added to the bill. Fourteen Republicans voted for the amendment, plus all the Democrats (except Harry Reid who missed the vote). The Republicans who voted for the LWCF were:

Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
Kelly Ayotte (NH)
Roy Blunt (Mo.)
Richard Burr (NC)
Shelley Moore Capito (WV)
Susan Collins (Me.)
Bob Corker (Tenn.)
Cory Gardner (Colo.)
Lindsey Graham (SC)
Mark Kirk (Ill.)
John McCain (Az.)
Rob Portman (Ohio)
John Thune (SD)
Thom Tillis (NC)

THIRTY-NINE Republicans voted NO. Senator Marco Rubio (Fla.) missed the vote (I think he was paired with Reid). Here is the link to Senate roll call vote #43:

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=114&session=1&vote=00043

Having gotten 59 votes last week, Senator Burr quickly followed up by introducing a bill on Monday, S. 338, to re-authorize the LWCF. Then he bypassed referral to the Energy and Natural Resources Committee by using Rule 14 to put it directly on the Senate calendar. And today, he went to the floor to ask that it be called up for debate and a vote under Unanimous Consent. Senator Lee objected, so we are safe for the moment. But we have been warned that Senator Burr intends to offer S. 338 as an amendment to other legislation as soon as he has a chance.

Since its passage in 1964, LWCF funds have been used to buy over five million acres of land and add them to the federal estate managed by the four federal land agencies. How much more land should the federal government own? According to Senator Burr, there should be no end or limit.

I will be sending an action alert to you and to a larger list in the next day or two. We have a lot of work to do to stop the Senate Land Grabbers. In the meantime, please do send your thanks to Senator Lee via Rachel Bovard.

We came within inches of sparking off a live rebellion over this nonsense at the Bundy Ranch, and Conservatives and Tea Partiers OVERWHELMINGLY supported the Bundys. Now, BOTH of our Republican Senators have staked themselves out in a position to make this travesty permanent.

I'm calling on conservatives and Tea Partiers and liberty folks to melt their phones down and give them a piece of your mind.

Conservatives actually .... took up arms .... as in literally picked up loaded rifles and pointed them at government agents over this nonsense, and this is the first action taken by our North Carolina Republican Senators. Seriously ladies and gentlemen, we have a problem.

GunnyFreedom
02-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Senate needs their phones melted.

GunnyFreedom
02-06-2015, 07:29 PM
well.

HVACTech
02-06-2015, 07:40 PM
both of ours (AR) voted against it.
but I can give you a bump for activism.

GunnyFreedom
02-06-2015, 08:23 PM
both of ours (AR) voted against it.
but I can give you a bump for activism.

Thanks! This is a big doggone deal. The LWCF is bad enough with a sunset, but to make it permanent? They have enough votes to do it right now, and unless we change some minds, it WILL happen. We are the sort that want to see fedgov sell off federally owned lands. This despicable act will accelerate their acquisition of more.

Origanalist
02-06-2015, 08:44 PM
I don't have to look, both of mine voted yea, and nothing I say will change it.

Origanalist
02-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Once the republicans get the majority we won't have to worry about this kind of thing.......

Brian4Liberty
02-06-2015, 08:50 PM
The usual suspects from the GOP, neocons and RINOs.

Voluntarist
02-07-2015, 10:19 AM
xxxxx