PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi, a Vaccination Leader, Stands by Its Strict Rules

Anti Federalist
02-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Way to go 'MuriKa...emulate Mississippi.

:rolleyes:

Mississippi, a Vaccination Leader, Stands by Its Strict Rules

By ALAN BLINDERFEB. 4, 2015

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/05/us/mississippi-a-leader-on-vaccination-rates-stands-by-strict-rules.html?_r=0

JACKSON, Miss. — The Mississippi state epidemiologist, Dr. Thomas E. Dobbs III, stood in a crowded room at the State Capitol this week and waited for a legislative verdict on the law that fostered what he regards as a public health triumph in a place that has few of them: the country’s highest immunization rate among kindergarten students.

But in recent weeks, the nearly unbending nature of Mississippi’s law requiring students to be vaccinated has been in jeopardy, with two dozen lawmakers publicly supporting an exemption for “conscientious beliefs.”

The debate, coming as other states grappled with a measles outbreak, turned Mississippi into one more battleground between medical experts who champion vaccinations and parents who fear the government’s role in medical decision-making.

<snip>

“It is a medical treatment,” said Amy Martin, a nurse from the Jackson area who, dressed in a white coat, walked the Capitol’s hallways on Tuesday. “All medical treatments — medication, procedures — they all come with risk. And because of that, I believe that parents ought to have the freedom and the liberty to decide what is best for their children.”

<snip>

Ms. Magee said that she did not wish for Mississippi’s vaccine program to be abolished. She said she wanted a more relaxed schedule and the right to choose which shots her children would receive and when.

She also said the extraordinary vaccination rate that Mississippi officials cherish was shameful.

“I’m not proud of it,” Ms. Magee said. “I don’t think it’s something to be proud of. I think all it shows is that we are being extorted for our reputation of ignorance in Mississippi. We bring up the national rear in everything that matters. I think it’s silly to look at that vaccine rate and think that’s something to be proud of.”

DamianTV
02-05-2015, 08:27 PM
“I’m not proud of it,” Ms. Magee said. “I don’t think it’s something to be proud of. I think all it shows is that we are being extorted for our reputation of ignorance in Mississippi. We bring up the national rear in everything that matters. I think it’s silly to look at that vaccine rate and think that’s something to be proud of.”

Obedience to Tyranny is never something to be proud of.

So let us again be perfectly clear. This is NOT about Anti Vaccine. This IS about TOTAL CONTROL. It always has been, it always will be.

Anti Federalist
02-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Obedience to Tyranny is never something to be proud of.

So let us again be perfectly clear. This is NOT about Anti Vaccine. This IS about TOTAL CONTROL. It always has been, it always will be.

What's wrong comrade?

This isn't freedom?

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/forced-blood-draw_1.jpg

Anti Federalist
02-05-2015, 10:42 PM
///

angelatc
02-06-2015, 01:02 AM
States have the right. Don't like it, don't live there.

When people act stupidly and/or selfishly, it's hard to feel sorry for them when the government inevitably rushes in to help. You have to be a complete moron not to see how this is anti vax gobbledygook is going to play out.