PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Bill Would Support Parents Opting Out Of Child Vaccinations

DamianTV
02-05-2015, 04:20 AM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/02/04/proposed-bill-would-support-parents-opting-out-of-child-vaccinations/

DENVER (CBS4) – Many blame the expanding measles outbreak on the increased number of families choosing not to vaccinate their children. Now there may be a bill to support those parents who are against vaccines.

Parents can already opt out of state mandated vaccines for their children, but State Sen. Tim Neville, a Republican, wanted to make it clear in a bill already drawing sharp fire.

“Are vaccines important? Vaccines are important to people, sure, we’ve had vaccines for many things, but it should be up to the parents,” Neville said.

Why is this even an issue?

Want to get vaccinated? Great! Go for it! Dont want to get vaccinated? Great! Dont go for it!

The real problem here again is that the STATE is usurping authority and hiding behind children like a typical terrorist. You own your own body, and must have ULTIMATE say so in regards to the defense of your family from all agressors, either Foreign or Domestic.

jbauer
02-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Liberty in action. We chose to vaccinate our children but I don't think you should be forced to do so. The statistics said it was a wiser decision to vaccinate rather then take the odds of getting said disease so it was a no-brainer for us.

Rather then spend the time arguing whether we should force or not force vaccinations maybe we should spend time giving really data to parents. Not the crap from the pharmaceutical companies and not the crap from Mother Jones. Real world, blind tested results and put the information in front of parents.

Our kids attend private school, I'm pretty sure vaccinations are required to attend. I do not have a problem with a private institution making said rule since children are not required to attend said institution.

jllundqu
02-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Why can't colorado pass similar legislation about homeschooling.... they are pretty bad in that regard... I'd move there if they didn't make is to damn tough to homeschool

johndeal
02-06-2015, 03:12 PM
I was just talking with some other doctors at lunch. One of them said parents who want to avoid vaccinations should just have to pay higher premiums to the insurance companies like smokers do. Let a free market dictate.

That would be a great response from Rand next time he has to answer the question.