PDA

View Full Version : Mike Pence touted as VP candidate by media consultant aligned with Paul

RandallFan
02-04-2015, 06:55 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/31/politics/mike-pences-very-bad-week/

It should have been Mike Pence's strongest moment as Indiana governor -- a chance to showcase his style of executive leadership on the national stage. Instead, the week turned into a calamity of Team Pence's own making. The leaked details of a bizarre proposal to create what sounded like a state government-run news agency sucked all the oxygen out of Indiana's political media, right when Pence was supposed to explain a complicated conservative approach he's taking to expanding Medicaid.

Pence hasn't ruled out a run for president, saying he'll make a decision after Indiana's state legislative session wraps at the end of April -- and he still has his supporters.

His pollster, Kellyanne Conway, said that while some candidates might not be able to do much to portray likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton as inaccessible, rich and out of touch, someone like Pence could be a "lesser-known but better foil for a Clinton candidacy than a true clash of the Titans."
Rex Elsass, an Ohio media consultant who's aligned with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) for 2016 but worked on Pence's 2012 governor's race, touted Pence as a strong vice presidential choice, too -- saying his 12 years in Congress and four as an executive are the perfect combination.
"He's somebody who speaks to the heart of people, and has a leadership quality and a charisma that would be an incredible asset to anybody who was the nominee," Elsass said.

Sola_Fide
02-04-2015, 07:39 PM
That would be horrible. I heard this guy speak not too long ago in Columbus and he was a McCain style warlord.

thoughtomator
02-04-2015, 07:55 PM
"aligned media consultant" = not in the loop and won't be consulted on the choice, rendering his opinion moot

Brett85
02-04-2015, 08:00 PM
I just don't understand why people keep suggesting that Rand pick a VP candidate who is 180 degrees opposite of Rand on foreign policy issues. That would never work.

The Gold Standard
02-04-2015, 08:30 PM
I won't sign on to Rand's death warrant by voting for him with a warmonger VP.

eleganz
02-04-2015, 08:51 PM
His opinion obviously does not represent Paul's so I don't know why anyone would take this seriously except for MSM or knee jerk reactionaries.

specsaregood
02-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Pence sponsored the amendment to stop funding planned parenthood using the argument that because money is fungible that giving any money to planned parenthood funds abortions. *I happen to agree.

Pence quote:

“Money is fungible,” Pence complains. “They don’t use that money for abortions, but use it to cover other things to free up money to promote and provide abortions. Separation of accounting records and separation of facilities within the same building is not enough.”

so, should any enterprising gotcha journalist happen by here, ask him if he supports ending foreign aid to Israel using the same exact argument since they guarantee govt funded abortions to its citizens. And if not, then ask him why he thinks its ok to fund killing Israeli babies. TIA.

TommyJeff
02-04-2015, 09:19 PM
His opinion obviously does not represent Paul's so I don't know why anyone would take this seriously except for MSM or knee jerk reactionaries.

Well said. I agree

ctiger2
02-04-2015, 09:28 PM
Just a reminder that Pence is a hardcore Zionist nutjob. DC is already chalk-full of these whackos who all need to be purged.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTw-QNpI56Njo1B_8bU4o23RwQoFKNhZxQO3TOZdiRUZQjKvIH

Keith and stuff
02-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Pence was one of the least bad while in Congress. Unfortunately, as a governor, he has been a big supporter of Obamacare. He is working closely with the Obama administration to expand Obamacare in IN. Not only is Pence trying hard to push the federal government to rack up more debt, the end result of his plan will also likely mean big tax increases in IN. Pence is not only big government on fiscal issues, he is big government on social issues. He reminds me of Santorum and Huckabee.

anaconda
02-04-2015, 10:11 PM
I won't sign on to Rand's death warrant by voting for him with a warmonger VP.

^This.