PDA

View Full Version : Obama in 2008: "The science right now is inconclusive" that vaccines cause autism

RonPaulFanInGA
02-02-2015, 11:01 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/chris-christie-remarks-show-vaccines-potency-in-political-debate/2015/02/02/f1c49a6e-aaff-11e4-abe8-e1ef60ca26de_story.html

Obama today:

“The science is, you know, pretty indisputable,” Obama said. “We’ve looked at this again and again. There is every reason to get vaccinated, but there aren’t reasons to not.”

Obama in 2008:

Both Obama and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) drew fire in 2008 for seeming to give credence to the link. At one campaign appearance, Obama noted that “some people are suspicious” that skyrocketing rates of autism might be linked to vaccines.

“The science right now is inconclusive, but we have to research it,” he said.

Sola_Fide
02-02-2015, 11:05 PM
All we need is Pope Obama to teach us science and religion.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-02-2015, 11:11 PM
All we need is Pope Obama to teach us science and religion.

I just find it annoyingly hypocritical that the media will tar any Republican they can as a kook for suggesting such a thing (remember Bachmann in 2011?), but they said nary a word about Obama saying it. Even during this whole fake controversy, you can find barely a mention of Obama's words back then, even as the media shakes their fists of rage over benign comments from Christie and Paul.

Zippyjuan
02-03-2015, 02:38 AM
Who Obama meant by "some people":

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-no-obama-didnt-pander--20150202-column.html

Vox implies that when Obama said "this person included," he meant himself. (Nyhan quotes the phrase, but doesn't parse it.) They both imply that the science he said was "inconclusive" and warranting research was that of the link between autism and vaccines. A viewing of the video undermines that conclusion.

When Obama says "this person included," he's clearly shown pointing off to his right at the person who asked him about the autism-vaccine link, and not referring to himself. The full transcript of his remarks also suggests that the science he says is "inconclusive" is the science of what causes autism -- not the purported link to any vaccine.

"We’ve seen just a skyrocketing autism rate," he says. "Nobody knows exactly why.... We’ve got to figure out why is it that this is happening so that we are starting to see a more normal, what was a normal, rate of autism."

Ronin Truth
02-03-2015, 10:13 AM
How many autism instances prior to mass vaccinations?

AuH20
02-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Thimerosal is good for the body. Didn't you know that? :)

AuH20
02-03-2015, 10:30 AM
No scandal here. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IEyqldoOV8

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2015, 10:36 AM
There is research showing vaccines connection to autism. I was going to ask why people keep ignoring this, but I'd be a fool to ask that question.

AuH20
02-03-2015, 10:37 AM
There is research showing vaccines connection to autism. I was going to ask why people keep ignoring this, but I'd be a fool to ask that question.

because you're not supposed to think. Just do what they say.

ZENemy
02-03-2015, 10:39 AM
lol, Obama killed a 16 year old.

Ronin Truth
02-03-2015, 10:46 AM

Does it have electrolytes, like Brawndo?

Leaning Libertarian
02-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Rand Paul was recently asked his opinion on this subject of vaccines. He stated he "staggered out" the recommended vaccines for his children, suggesting he did not follow the recommended vaccine schedule, at least not to the tee. He further said he felt vaccines should be "voluntary, for the most part." Hep B is a blood borne disease, typically transmitted through unprotected sex and sharing of hypodermic needles by heroin addicts. Infants are given a vaccine for this disease on their first day of life outside their mothers womb. This is a multi-billion dollar industry. Sadly, I think the pharmaceutical industry will begin their smear campaign against Rand Paul in very short order. He threatens their profits and bottom line:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Rand-Paul-vaccines-voluntary-measles/2015/02/02/id/622251/?ns_mail_uid=95600049&ns_mail_job=1606387_02032015&s=al&dkt_nbr=aat2ymcl

“Without honor there can be no trust, and without trust there can be no community.” -Thompson Webb

ZENemy
02-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Does it have electrolytes, like Brawndo?

Brought to you by Carls Jr....

Ronin Truth
02-03-2015, 10:56 AM
Well, there goes the Big Pharma sacred cow campaign dollars and votes. <shrug>

AuH20
02-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Yes, our society is completely gone.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1714174_Remember_the_good_old_days_before_vaccines _ruined_our_children_.html

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2015, 12:32 PM

I fight authority--you know they always win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsEwK69LXjQ

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Yes, our society is completely gone.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1714174_Remember_the_good_old_days_before_vaccines _ruined_our_children_.html

I thought you were banned from there. For badmouthing the lice.

AuH20
02-03-2015, 12:35 PM
I thought you were banned from there. For badmouthing the lice.

Banned there 4 times. heh.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Banned there 4 times. heh.

That's what I figgered!!

AuH20
02-03-2015, 12:39 PM
That's what I figgered!!

I've been routinely called a Russian spy, a libtard, a coward, and some other pejoratives I can't recollect at the moment. I've noticed the place has gotten worse over the last 6 months. If you tangle with some gatekeeper posters over there and push their buttons in an argumentative sense, then you will be eventually banned.

Brian4Liberty
02-03-2015, 12:46 PM

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2015, 12:54 PM
I've been routinely called a Russian spy, a libtard, a coward, and some other pejoratives I can't recollect at the moment. I've noticed the place has gotten worse over the last 6 months. If you tangle with some gatekeeper posters over there and push their buttons in an argumentative sense, then you will be eventually banned.

LOL. I was on AR15 a couple of times and must've gotten banned at least once. I don't actually like the site because it's far too many posts about nothing. The site is also too cluttered. You also have to donate to get an avatar, so it's too hard to determine who is who (lots of members).

I was on the California gun site, posting things about roadblocks. There was this police discussion and I suggested the offending pig have a broomstick rammed up his anus and twisted without grease. Well, I got banned for that.

I was banned from Glocktalk. Some guy posted a girly pic of a big boned girl in a swimsuit. It was actually fairly tasteful, but the guy got an infraction for it. I messaged the site owner and told him he had a broomstick up his ass.

I like it when I get the ban notices because they say:

When will ban be lifted: Never

The word never is always good for a laugh. Oh, the finality of it all!!!

Zippyjuan
02-03-2015, 01:00 PM

If thimerosol causes autism, why didn't autism decline when thimerosol was removed from vaccines for children? The rate continued to rise.

muh_roads
02-03-2015, 01:09 PM
This states that the vaccine hysteria is linked to a fraudster named Andrew Wakefield.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMR_vaccine_controversy

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2015, 01:16 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMR_vaccine_controversy

"wikipedia." LOL. They do two types of articles. The regular article and the controversy article. The controversy article is actually supposed to cover the evidence opposing the conventional thinking. So, they have a vaccine article and a vaccine controversy article.

The trouble is that the medical controversy articles are all done by medical people and they ignore the evidence. If I had time and took that site seriously, then I would post the scientific research linking vaccines to autism.

This states that the vaccine hysteria is linked to a fraudster named Andrew Wakefield.

LOL. Their sole whipping boy is going on--what?--twenty years now? The research has changed since then. These people are in denial and living in the past.

AuH20
02-03-2015, 01:18 PM
If thimerosol causes autism, why didn't autism decline when thimerosol was removed from vaccines for children? The rate continued to rise.

How extensive was the recall? Secondly, thimerosal has been left in seasonal flu-shots, so you wonder how serious the authorities have taken this claim.

muh_roads
02-03-2015, 01:20 PM

How did they get rid of thimerosol? It is needed as a preservative for multi-dose vials. Kids may get single-dose vials now, but multi-dose vials never went away.

muh_roads
02-03-2015, 01:23 PM
"wikipedia." LOL. They do two types of articles. The regular article and the controversy article. The controversy article is actually supposed to cover the evidence opposing the conventional thinking. So, they have a vaccine article and a vaccine controversy article.

The trouble is that the medical controversy articles are all done by medical people and they ignore the evidence. If I had time and took that site seriously, then I would post the scientific research linking vaccines to autism.

LOL. Their sole whipping boy is going on--what?--twenty years now? The research has changed since then. These people are in denial and living in the past.

This doesn't help. Now is as good a time as any to support the claim with evidence since it is in the headlines again.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2015, 01:24 PM
This doesn't help. Now is as good a time as any to support the claim with evidence since it is in the headlines again.

What doesn't help?

muh_roads
02-03-2015, 01:51 PM
What doesn't help?

Your post. It didn't disprove anything in the wikipedia article. You just said "there is new evidence" but then said "I don't have time".

That doesn't help. If what you say is true then post it.

muh_roads
02-03-2015, 02:02 PM
NorthCarolinaLiberty,

btw I'm not trying to piss you off. I just want to refute liberals with the "new" evidence if it exists. This is such a complex topic with that wiki article thrown in the mix.

JK/SEA
02-03-2015, 02:03 PM

this is what flouride is for. Seems we need to up the dosage.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Your post. It didn't disprove anything in the wikipedia article. You just said "there is new evidence" but then said "I don't have time".

That doesn't help. If what you say is true then post it.

Ah, okay; I see what you're saying.

Check post #2 in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?453201-Vaccines-Don-t-Cause-Autism-Healthcare-Triage-12

I got tired of people on this board insisting there was no vaccine-autism connection, so I looked it up. It took me all of 2 minutes to find two studies. I'm sure there are more. I should actually make this a thread. Hell, the way people scream about their whipping boy Wakefield from almost a generation ago--it should be a sticky thread.

I know there are plenty of studies showing the neurological harm too. It's the insidious and subtle deleterious effects that are the issue. We've basically traded acute disease for chronic disease. Chronic disease can be much less apparent, so more easily ignored.

From that thread:

Not sure why the doctor is carrying on about a 16 year old study, or why he is carrying on about thimerosal. The doctor said, "it [autism] has nothing to do with vaccines...there is no link." Perhaps he should look into some of the current research. A two minute search brings up two studies:

"...children from the countries with the highest ASD prevalence appear to have the highest exposure to Al from vaccines; (ii) "the increase in exposure to Al adjuvants significantly correlates with the increase in ASD prevalence in the United States..."a significant correlation exists between the amounts of Al administered to preschool children and the current prevalence of ASD in seven western countries..."

http://omsj.org/reports/tomljenovic%202011.pdf

"...the relationship between the proportion of children who received the recommended vaccines by age 2 years and the prevalence of autism (AUT) or speech or language impairment (SLI) in each U.S. state from 2001 and 2007 was determined. A positive and statistically significant relationship was found: The higher the proportion of children receiving recommended vaccinations, the higher was the prevalence of AUT or SLI. A 1% increase in vaccination was associated with an additional 680 children having AUT or SLI."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21623535

ghengis86
02-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Rand Paul was recently asked his opinion on this subject of vaccines. He stated he "staggered out" the recommended vaccines for his children, suggesting he did not follow the recommended vaccine schedule, at least not to the tee. He further said he felt vaccines should be "voluntary, for the most part." Hep B is a blood borne disease, typically transmitted through unprotected sex and sharing of hypodermic needles by heroin addicts. Infants are given a vaccine for this disease on their first day of life outside their mothers womb. This is a multi-billion dollar industry. Sadly, I think the pharmaceutical industry will begin their smear campaign against Rand Paul in very short order. He threatens their profits and bottom line:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Rand-Paul-vaccines-voluntary-measles/2015/02/02/id/622251/?ns_mail_uid=95600049&ns_mail_job=1606387_02032015&s=al&dkt_nbr=aat2ymcl

“Without honor there can be no trust, and without trust there can be no community.” -Thompson Webb

This. My children never followed the guidelines. We had a very good pediatrician too. We waited until the kids were older, spaced out the vaccines, didn't get some (like Hep B, chicken pox), and talked with our pediatrician about what the vaccine plan for our children was. We also eliminated the multi-organism vaccines in favor of one at a time vaccines. I'll say, having a rational, understanding pediatrician was key. She even advised us on how to navigate the health department's rigidity to the schedule and vouched for our alternative vaccination plan. She even looked into the various vaccines she recommended to make sure they were good (no mercury, limited adjuvants), and what the potential risks were if we did not vaccinate for the particular organism.

All in all, kids grew up perfectly healthy and ended up getting vaccinated for some of the most serious diseases by the time they were 8-10.

Do your due diligence, talk to your spouse and doc, weigh risks and come up with a plan. I wouldn't recommend the gov's schedule for vaccines, but I also wouldn't forgo decades of scientific research and data either

Zippyjuan
02-03-2015, 05:50 PM
How extensive was the recall? Secondly, thimerosal has been left in seasonal flu-shots, so you wonder how serious the authorities have taken this claim.

It wasn't a recall. About a decade ago vaccines for children were told to stop using it. Some countries in Europe did as well- and also noted that autism rated did not decline. Yes- it is in multi- use flu vaccines but single use flu vaccines (available by request) don't have it in. Flu vaccine is not considered a vaccine intended for children.

Antischism
02-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Rand Paul is either an idiot or pandering to a specific base (which is also shitty if you're being willfully ignorant) when he says, "I have heard of many tragic cases of walking, talking, normal children who wound up with profound mental disorders after vaccines." He's attempting to link vaccination to mental disorders, without any scientific proof. Where is Rand getting this evidence?

Quite frankly, the anti-vaccination crowd saddens me because they're operating on misinformation and bad science. It's one thing to put your own children at risk (though that makes you a shitty parent), it's another to expose other people to viruses due to your negligence and uninformed opinion.

It's quite humorous that a lot of the same folks who were concerned about Ebola, wanting to keep those who were merely in an area affected by it under quarantine (no signs of even having Ebola!), are being nonchalant about much more contagious viruses. It shouldn't be surprising though, since in both instances, it's a result of scientific ignorance, politics or both.

ghengis86
02-03-2015, 07:06 PM
It wasn't a recall. About a decade ago vaccines for children were told to stop using it. Some countries in Europe did as well- and also noted that autism rated did not decline. Yes- it is in multi- use flu vaccines but single use flu vaccines (available by request) don't have it in. Flu vaccine is not considered a vaccine intended for children.

I'm going to call BS on that last statement re flu vaccine intended for children. I'll find source material when I get off the mobile, but the only population it's NOT recommended for are the immuno deficient. Might want to double check that.

ETA: you also highlight the importance of single use vaccines. Parents need to research these subtleties and make an informed decision on what they put in their kids bodies.

Antischism
02-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Ah, okay; I see what you're saying.

Check post #2 in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?453201-Vaccines-Don-t-Cause-Autism-Healthcare-Triage-12

I got tired of people on this board insisting there was no vaccine-autism connection, so I looked it up. It took me all of 2 minutes to find two studies. I'm sure there are more. I should actually make this a thread. Hell, the way people scream about their whipping boy Wakefield from almost a generation ago--it should be a sticky thread.

I know there are plenty of studies showing the neurological harm too. It's the insidious and subtle deleterious effects that are the issue. We've basically traded acute disease for chronic disease. Chronic disease can be much less apparent, so more easily ignored.

From that thread:

Those sources are easily discredited.

The second link, for example, is thoroughly taken to task here (http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/06/08/more-bad-science-in-the-service-of-the-discredited-idea/#comments).

Edit:

For a takedown of the first, you can read here (http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/12/08/and-global-warming-is-caused-by-the-decr/).

Brian4Liberty
02-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Rand Paul is either an idiot or pandering to a specific base (which is also shitty if you're being willfully ignorant) when he says, "I have heard of many tragic cases of walking, talking, normal children who wound up with profound mental disorders after vaccines." He's attempting to link vaccination to mental disorders, without any scientific proof. Where is Rand getting this evidence?

Quite frankly, the anti-vaccination crowd saddens me because they're operating on misinformation and bad science. It's one thing to put your own children at risk (though that makes you a shitty parent), it's another to expose other people to viruses due to your negligence and uninformed opinion.

It's quite humorous that a lot of the same folks who were concerned about Ebola, wanting to keep those who were merely in an area affected by it under quarantine (no signs of even having Ebola!), are being nonchalant about much more contagious viruses. It shouldn't be surprising though, since in both instances, it's a result of scientific ignorance, politics or both.

People who have been exposed to measles are being put under home quarantine. Are there people who are advocating that people exposed to measles ride around on the subway and go to restaurants?

Antischism
02-03-2015, 07:25 PM
People who have been exposed to measles are being put under home quarantine. Are there people who are advocating that people exposed to measles ride around on the subway and go to restaurants?

You're missing my point. People were crying about negligence in regards to individuals with ZERO signs of Ebola, yet indulge in bad science and don't consider it negligent to keep their kids un-vaccinated despite there being absolutely no link between vaccinations and "mental disorders."

Brian4Liberty
02-03-2015, 07:58 PM
You're missing my point. People were crying about negligence in regards to individuals with ZERO signs of Ebola, yet indulge in bad science and don't consider it negligent to keep their kids un-vaccinated despite there being absolutely no link between vaccinations and "mental disorders."

Your point is that in both cases, some people are not taking the MSM, CDC version of scientific "fact" at face value. And if we listen to Obama and Hillary, the "accepted fact" has done a 180 degree turn since 2008.

My point is that the Ebola issue was about exposure and quarantine, not about vaccines. Common sense is prevailing with exposure to measles. When people are exposed, they are being told to quarantine. During the Ebola incident, people were pushing the idea that they should be able to walk around in crowds until they started running a fever. Do that with measles, and you will expose a whole lot of people. Obviously, the level of contagiousness is very different, but so are the consequences of catching the disease. It's a balancing act. Most people find it perfectly acceptable to spread their colds, and often flus to everyone else. "Scientific fact" would say that they should stay home. It would only become a huge controversy when the MSM decides they want to use it to smear someone. "Hey, Rand Paul had a cold and went to the office, he should know better, he's a Doctor! Rand Paul is a cold denier! He doesn't believe in science!"

Antischism
02-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Your point is that in both cases, some people are not taking the MSM, CDC version of scientific "fact" at face value. And if we listen to Obama and Hillary, the "accepted fact" has done a 180 degree turn since 2008.

My point is that the Ebola issue was about exposure and quarantine, not about vaccines. Common sense is prevailing with exposure to measles. When people are exposed, they are being told to quarantine. During the Ebola incident, people were pushing the idea that they should be able to walk around in crowds until they started running a fever. Do that with measles, and you will expose a whole lot of people. Obviously, the level of contagiousness is very different, but so are the consequences of catching the disease. It's a balancing act. Most people find it perfectly acceptable to spread their colds, and often flus to everyone else. "Scientific fact" would say that they should stay home. It would only become a huge controversy when the MSM decides they want to use it to smear someone. "Hey, Rand Paul had a cold and went to the office, he should know better, he's a Doctor! Rand Paul is a cold denier! He doesn't believe in science!"

It seems you're forgetting people were calling for government intervention in quarantining those who showed no symptoms. We have a vaccine for the flu, and while it isn't always incredibly effective, it does help decrease incidence if people actually vaccinate (no matter the percentage per season, sometimes it's much more effective and any reduction is a net positive). I absolutely do think it's stupid for people to show up for work or school while suffering a bad cold, though that's more a symptom of Americans being conditioned to work at all costs, lest you be fired by your unreasonable and shitty boss.

It's even worse that Rand Paul, a doctor, is spreading FUD about vaccines on national television. Don't forget, this is a guy with presidential ambitions. It's one thing to say it should be a choice, it's another to state that it's causing "mental disorders." Really, that is pure nonsense and some people will believe it just because Rand Paul said it—a doctor with a large public platform! He definitely lost some of my respect.

I mean really, it's astounding that he would make such an unfounded claim and at the same time, forgo citing hard data that shows the real impact vaccination has had.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/matthewherper/files/2013/03/c6fb5feb7f1ee71b7e725277d30999161.jpg

Brian4Liberty
02-03-2015, 09:02 PM
It seems you're forgetting people were calling for government intervention in quarantining those who showed no symptoms. We have a vaccine for the flu, and while it isn't always incredibly effective, it does help decrease incidence if people actually vaccinate (no matter the percentage per season, sometimes it's much more effective and any reduction is a net positive). I absolutely do think it's stupid for people to show up for work or school while suffering a bad cold, though that's more a symptom of Americans being conditioned to work at all costs, lest you be fired by your unreasonable and shitty boss.

It's even worse that Rand Paul, a doctor, is spreading FUD about vaccines on national television. Don't forget, this is a guy with presidential ambitions. It's one thing to say it should be a choice, it's another to state that it's causing "mental disorders." Really, that is pure nonsense and some people will believe it just because Rand Paul said it—a doctor with a large public platform! He definitely lost some of my respect.

I mean really, it's astounding that he would make such an unfounded claim and at the same time, forgo citing hard data that shows the real impact vaccination has had.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/matthewherper/files/2013/03/c6fb5feb7f1ee71b7e725277d30999161.jpg

You are focusing on just one small aspect of the conversations that Rand had, which is what his opponents are doing in an effort to smear him. Did you listen the full interview with Ingraham (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?468052-Rand-interview-that-started-the-vaccine-controversy)? How about the full interview on CNBC?

I posted this today. The more relevant part of what Rand said:

In response to the simpletons in the MSM who want to make it sound like Rand is anti-science:

Brian4Liberty
02-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Anyway, this thread is about Obama saying that the science isn't settled. Any venom for Obama today?

Ender
02-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Uh..... please don't be fooled by BP- there is plenty of evidence that is continually hidden.

http://blog.drbrownstein.com/the-cdc-lies-mainstream-media-stays-quiet-and-our-children-suffer/

The CDC Lies, Mainstream Media Stays Quiet and Our Children Suffer

Folks, I am not happy right now.

The CDC has been caught red-handed altering data and lying to us about the MMR vaccine and the mainstream media is nowhere to be found. The CDC altered and buried data that could implicate the MMR vaccine as the culprit (or one of the culprits) behind why so many of our children (and their parents) are suffering with autism. Dr. William Thompson is a CDC scientist who co-authored the 2004 study that exonerated the MMR vaccine. On August 27, 2014, he released a letter that stated (in part), “My name is William Thompson. I am a Senior Scientist with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, where I have worked since 1998. I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the journal Pediatrics. The omitted data suggested that African American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism. Decisions were made regarding which findings to report after the data were collected, and I believe that the final study protocol was not followed.” The consequence of the researchers falsifying this data is that more and more children and parents are suffering.

Autism rates are continuing to rise, now reaching epidemic levels. In fact, recently released CDC data shows that autism rates have increased 30% since 2012. (1) Now, 1 in 68 children aged eight years have autism. This is increased form 1 in 88 children in 2012 (the rate was 1 in 150 in 2000). Keep in mind that there has been no change in the criteria to diagnose autism since 2012. And, to top it off, about 1 in 6 children in the United States had a developmental disability in 2006-2008, ranging from mild disabilities such as speech and language impairments to serious developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, and autism. (2) When these latest numbers came out, the director of CDC’s National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Coleen Boyle, PhD, commented, “…there is an urgent need to do more research.” She goes on to state that health professionals “should use this data to ensure children with {autism} are identified as early as possible and connected to the services they need.”

She’s right, there’s an urgent need to do more research. Or, how about actually reporting the true data not the falsified data behind vaccine research. Dr. Boyle, it is time to hear from you. In fact, it is time to hear from anyone at the CDC.

The decline of our children’s health should be a national priority that should be addressed by the highest levels of our government. Now, our government has been caught hiding and altering data which could explain why so many of our children are suffering from autism and the mainstream media will not report the facts or even investigate it. What is happening is a media blackout on the biggest scandal to hit medicine in recent times—important research data from the CDC was altered by CDC employees in order to make the MMR vaccine look like it was not associated with an increase in autism. However, when the true data was reported (3), the data showed a significant 240% increase risk in autism in African American children who received the MMR vaccine before 36 months of age. And, the same study showed the MMR vaccine associated with a 69% increase in autism in all male children when the first dose was received before 36 months of age.

Why is this happening? Is it racism—the media does not care about African American children? Is it the power of The Big Pharma Cartel to hide any information which shines a negative light on a vaccine? Are CDC employees vying to get high-paying Big Pharma jobs and they will do whatever it takes? Whatever the reason, it is time we take matters into our own hands. It is important to inform every parent of a young child of this information. They need to know this information before they agree to vaccinate their children.

This story needs to be on the front page of the New York Times and The Wall Street Journal. It is time fo the media to wake up and report this growing story. What needs to be publicized is that all of our children , and especially African American, may be harmed when they receive a commonly prescribed childhood vaccine—the MMR vaccine– before 36 months of age.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Those sources are easily discredited.

The second link, for example, is thoroughly taken to task here (http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/06/08/more-bad-science-in-the-service-of-the-discredited-idea/#comments).

Edit:

For a takedown of the first, you can read here (http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/12/08/and-global-warming-is-caused-by-the-decr/).

So the first is a "blog" written by a person who only identifies himself as "Orac." His language starts like this, and only gets more colorful:

...showing up on AoA to pimp your latest study is not a particularly good way to go about it.

"Orac" does the usual author bashing. He somehow finds that data from the CDC rather the US census is "inexplicable." He cites the usual science 101 of "correlation is not causation." And on and on.

The peer reviewed studies were never redacted or even (as far as I can tell) formally challenged. They still stand.

Looks to me like this guy discredited himself.

muh_roads
02-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Uh..... please don't be fooled by BP- there is plenty of evidence that is continually hidden.

http://blog.drbrownstein.com/the-cdc-lies-mainstream-media-stays-quiet-and-our-children-suffer/

Thanks for posting this. I found this exchange in the comments interesting...

Mary Beth Akers says:

We discontinued vaccines for our children after our son had a reaction to his shots as an infant. Now he is planning to enter the military. I’m somewhat certain that vaccinations will be mandatory in the military. Do I have reason to be concerned? He is 20 years old now. Does that make him less vulnerable? I am pleased that he wants to serve, but I believe that vaccinations are a bad idea for adults as well. Mary Beth

David Brownstein says:

Mary Beth,
He has a bigger body and a better blood brain barrier–he should do better. However, I would take precautions. I would suggest loading with vitamin C (5-10,000mg), alpha lipoic acid (300mg), MSM (2,000mg), and a good probiotic before the vaccines and repeat this after the vaccines.
Also, he could receive NAET before he receives the vaccines. NAET is an acupressure treatment for food and environmental allergies. You can find a practitioner at: http://www.naet.com (http://www.naet.com/).
DrB

So I guess there is the narrative that needs to keep getting drilled in peoples heads...since we live in a soundbite society. Babies have a much weaker "blood brain barrier" than a college student needing vaccines. Makes perfect sense.

Weston White
02-04-2015, 09:36 AM

No, instead the mother is now receiving the shots with the harmless mercury durning pregnancy, prior to it being removed (But why it is completely harmless and turns babies into instant geniuses!) expecting mothers, infants, and young children were not suppose to get these shots.

This Argument Destroyed (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?468115-Bait-and-Switch-The-Real-Reason-Why-Autism-Rates-Continue-to-Increase&p=5774118&viewfull=1#post5774118)

LatinsforPaul
02-04-2015, 09:47 AM
The Autism community which unfortunately is growing by the day agrees with Rand...

http://www.ageofautism.com/2015/02/rand-paul-on-vaccine-choice-parents-should-have-input-its-an-issue-of-freedom.html

Read the comments. :)

Zippyjuan
02-04-2015, 08:26 PM
No, instead the mother is now receiving the shots with the harmless mercury durning pregnancy, prior to it being removed (But why it is completely harmless and turns babies into instant geniuses!) expecting mothers, infants, and young children were not suppose to get these shots.

This Argument Destroyed (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?468115-Bait-and-Switch-The-Real-Reason-Why-Autism-Rates-Continue-to-Increase&p=5774118&viewfull=1#post5774118)

Which mercury laden vaccines are being given to all pregnant women?

You can scroll down this page and see which vaccines use thimerosol. http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/UCM096228

As I have posted many times before, even the tiny amount of ethyl mercury left in those which do contain it is half gone from your body in just a week. It doesn't accumulate so can't cause any long term health problems. (the thimerosol is one one thousandth of the vaccine and half the thimerosol is ethyl mercury in the very few vaccines still using it).

Note also that the definition of what is considered to be included in the autism spectrum (a growing range of symptoms) has been expanded over the years. Kids who were not called autistic even 20 years ago are now given the label.