PDA

View Full Version : How many Disgruntled Republican's are here?

dustup
12-03-2007, 10:28 PM
How many Disgruntled Republican's are here? Just curious if anyone else here is as disgusted with the GOP and their leadership, from local to national, as I am? :mad:

SOUND OFF PLEASE!

xexkxex
12-03-2007, 10:31 PM
*Raises Hand

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-03-2007, 10:41 PM
A loyal republican since my first election and I am HIGHLY irate with the direction of the party and Ron Paul is exactly what we need

Xanax Nation
12-03-2007, 11:42 PM
That would be me. Though disgruntled isn't the term I'd use. Pissed off is more appropriate.

bunklocoempire
12-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Betrayed. Betrayed nationally and betrayed at state & local level. I aint letting it happen again. Repubs & Dems what's the difference anymore?

fortilite
12-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Actually, I was a lot more disgruntled BEFORE the election. Now I feel we can take over the party. Don't leave the party, get more liberty supporters to kick the Neo-Cons out of leadership. We need to start bringing our meet up groups to the local Republican Chapters, not to protest but to become the strongest point of view in the local Republican Chapters. We're still gonna have to get some more Liberty Republicans into the Senate, after all.

We have drive and the neo-cons have apathy. The more they become like the Dems, the biggest chance we have of kicking them out.

ape
12-04-2007, 08:41 AM
yeah i'm pretty pissed. Watching RP videos on youtube usually makes me feel better though.

mosquitobite
12-04-2007, 09:54 AM
It was about in 2002/2003 that I became discouraged. Plenty of years with a majority in Congress and a Republican President yet the only bone they threw us was a tax cut.

Where were the spending cuts? Where were the department cuts? Where were the visionary leaders from the 1994 era?

That's when I decided I most definitely was not, nor would I ever be a compassionate conservative.

I'd rather my children still have a country vs this bull$hit ;)

mosquitobite
12-04-2007, 01:06 PM
hahaha! I had to share this here. I subscribe to a conservative newsletter written by Chuck Muth (www.citizenoutreach.com)

Yesterday he wrote to people who were writing him about the horrible potential of a 3rd party run by Dr Paul (GOP thinking Ross Perot). He said "well then the simple solution is to nominate Ron Paul." :D

Today we get this:

CAPTAIN RON

Folks, folks, folks. Can we come down from the crow's nest, please?

First, as much as I'd love to see it, Ron Paul is not going to get the Republican presidential nomination. My suggestion yesterday that nominating him would be the best way to avoid a possible third-party run was made with tongue planted firmly in cheek. I just don't see how Paul can win a GOP presidential primary with so many anti-constitution, big-government Republicans casting votes.

That being said, many of you have expressed concern that a Ron Paul run as the Libertarian Party presidential nominee in November would split the conservative vote and hand the White House back to Bill & Hill. Understood. But you folks need to understand that it is NOT the obligation of limited-government conservatives and libertarians to vote for the lesser of two evils in November. It's the obligation of the Republican Party nominee to EARN the votes of limited-government conservatives and libertarians.

If the GOP nominee fails to compete for that vote and just "assumes" it, then yes, there's a very real possibility that the conservative/libertarian vote will split and Hillary will end up back in the White House with her own Oval Office interns. And if that happens, it won't be Captain Ron's fault; it will be the fault of the Republican Party nominee.

Pirates, ye be warned.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Hear hear!

Wendi
12-04-2007, 01:12 PM
One thing to keep in mind - many Republicans want the same thing we want: true freedom and liberty. The problem is, what the GOP says and what the GOP does behind the scenes are two very different things. Many people - such as myself - have been reading what the GOP says and becoming increasingly dismayed by the candidates who "seem" to change their mind about where they stand after being elected. The message we have to get out there is not that the GOP is evil and RP is trying to change it... but that the GOP has a great message and RP is the ONLY candidate that puts actions where the words are.

Oddball
12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
How many Disgruntled Republican's are here? Just curious if anyone else here is as disgusted with the GOP and their leadership, from local to national, as I am? :mad:

SOUND OFF PLEASE!

I'm no longer a republican. I'm a card-carrying libertarian.

After the great budget capitulation of '95 I swore that I'd never vote for another republican, whose name wasn't Ron Paul, ever again.

Paulitician
12-04-2007, 01:35 PM
If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination, then I'll work to build up another 3rd party, most likely Libertarian. Otherwise I'll be proud to spread the libertarian/conservative/constitutional message to fellow Republicans who've been brainwashed.

jumpyg1258
12-04-2007, 02:50 PM
ROFL not a single person happy with the GOP in this poll.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-04-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm no longer a republican. I'm a card-carrying libertarian.

After the great budget capitulation of '95 I swore that I'd never vote for another republican, whose name wasn't Ron Paul, ever again.

If it is not too late where you are, please go register as Republican so you can vote for Ron Paul in your primary (unless you live in an open primary state).

Oddball
12-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Already handled it.

Thanks for your concern though. :)

Oddball
12-04-2007, 03:13 PM

Cap
12-04-2007, 04:29 PM
2 years ago, I re-registered into the Constitution Party. Michigan has an open primary, so I still am a Constitution Party member. The Pubs have been taken over by the neocons and are in a deathward spiral. If they continue down the path they are on, there will be a huge exodus. I think we are witnessing the death of a party.

Maz2331
12-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Not angry nor disgruntled, but think Paul is the most correct on issues.

fortilite
12-04-2007, 04:45 PM
I really think instead of getting angry at the Republican Party we should try taking over the Republican Party. The Neocons did it, why can't we? We're getting so much steam running from this Ron Paul campaign, why stop with just him?

olehounddog
12-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Don't know about disgruntled; I'm mad as hell myself.

DaneKirk
12-04-2007, 05:34 PM
I just can not believe how bad our economic policies have turned out to be under president after president. Ron Paul is in my opinion the only candidate who will make the changes needed to ensure we get back to a surplus and stop selling our soul to China, along with other countries that are in my opinion more like enemies. As long as the economy is in good shape and we keep our civil liberties, I really couldn't care less about anything else.

Paulitician
12-04-2007, 05:38 PM
I just can not believe how bad our economic policies have turned out to be under president after president. Ron Paul is in my opinion the only candidate who will make the changes needed to ensure we get back to a surplus and stop selling our soul to China, along with other countries that are in my opinion more like enemies. As long as the economy is in good shape and we keep our civil liberties, I really couldn't care less about anything else.
Agreed! BTW welcome to the forums.

BuddyRey
12-04-2007, 09:55 PM
I think after we elect Ron Paul, I'm going to register Libertarian...the only party I wouldn't be ashamed to call my own at this point.

xao
12-04-2007, 11:20 PM
You should have used, "very disgusted, and changing to independent or third party" as once choice.

xao
12-04-2007, 11:21 PM

Well said. We wouldn't have to worry about much else if this were the case.

xao
12-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Actually, I was a lot more disgruntled BEFORE the election. Now I feel we can take over the party. Don't leave the party, get more liberty supporters to kick the Neo-Cons out of leadership. We need to start bringing our meet up groups to the local Republican Chapters, not to protest but to become the strongest point of view in the local Republican Chapters. We're still gonna have to get some more Liberty Republicans into the Senate, after all.

We have drive and the neo-cons have apathy. The more they become like the Dems, the biggest chance we have of kicking them out.

It's a good point but how much money does Ron actually get when he wins the Republican nomination? I've always wondered that.

Also, other than for the president, what is the point of even registering for republican again if local office can be won on the new media alternative which is ONLINE, youtube, etc.

This presdiential election itself may be won online and without MSM. this is history making because the MSM will lose their power.

libertarian4321
12-05-2007, 03:37 AM

SOUND OFF PLEASE!

I left the Republican Party in disgust over the Bush administration.

I have returned to support Ron Paul.

If Ron Paul doesn't win the Republican Nomination, I'm leaving again- there is no hope for the party if the neocons continue to run it.

Ozwest
12-05-2007, 03:54 AM
Face it. Politics in America is a sad, contrived joke.

Ron Paul has said as much. He is running on the Republican ticket out of necessity, and not agreement.

The politicians deserve a flogging, as the system does.

dustup
12-05-2007, 11:31 AM
I left the Republican Party in disgust over the Bush administration.

I have returned to support Ron Paul.

If Ron Paul doesn't win the Republican Nomination, I'm leaving again- there is no hope for the party if the neocons continue to run it.

DITTO! Ron Paul or out!

Fox McCloud
12-05-2007, 03:31 PM
it's rather ironic...if the GOP has the same platform as it did back in the 40's and 50's, the Libertarian party would have never existed....as well, Republicans were Libertarians back then.

It's a shame Ike completely demolished the image of the GOP and started the foundations of of a Neo-Con GOP, as opposed to a Libertarian GOP.

It's funny how Libertarianism has shifted over the centuries--it started out in both parties of the US, then shifted more towards the Republican-Democratic party (fore-runner to the modern day Democrats)...then, it left this party and migrated over to the GOP.....then, well, it's not it's own party, in essence.

Let's hope that, one day, the GOP will be known as it once was.