PDA

View Full Version : David Letterman: Rand Paul Makes 'Pure Good Sense'; Maddow Kind of Agrees

NACBA
01-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Late night talk show host David Letterman had nothing but positive things to say about possible 2016 presidential candidate Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul.

During a conversation with MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Wednesday about the 2016 race, the comedian said he was impressed by the libertarian Republican, according to The Daily Caller.

"I've heard Rand Paul say things that seem just pure, hardcore, logical good sense," Letterman said on his "Late Show" on CBS.

Maddow was cautious in her agreement.

"Rand Paul sometimes makes a lot of sense," she said, but emphasized, "sometimes."

http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/David-Letterman-rand-paul-2016-election/2015/01/29/id/621432/#ixzz3Q8U3NCnz

NACBA
01-29-2015, 10:51 AM
TV people becoming smarter?

Brett85
01-29-2015, 11:08 AM
Hmmm. I think I would rather not have this endorsement until after the primary is over. :)

KingNothing
01-29-2015, 11:09 AM
Rand Paul's ability to phrase a solution to a problem in such a way that causes listeners to say "well, duh. Of course," Is a great thing to have on our side

NACBA
01-29-2015, 11:09 AM
Rand Paul's ability to phrase a solution to a problem in such a way that causes listeners to say "well, duh. Of course," Is a great thing to have on our side

Yep

LawnWake
01-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Hmmm. I think I would rather not have this endorsement until after the primary is over. :)

It's not what is said, it's how it's said and how it's played off. This can be used to his advantage as a libertarian conservative who can beat Democrats and "lead the country'.

Todd
01-29-2015, 11:55 AM
You all are giving Maddow way too much credit.

Propaganda techinque:
1. Say nice things about opposing candidate while he's virtually ignored.
2. Screw him over with blindsided attack when he actually looks like he could win.

LawnWake
01-29-2015, 11:56 AM
You all are giving Maddow way too much credit.

Propaganda techinque:
1. Say nice things about opposing candidate while he's virtually ignored.
2. Screw him over with blindsided attack when he actually looks like he could win.

I think it's more about Letterman and less about Maddow.

Brett85
01-29-2015, 11:59 AM
It's not what is said, it's how it's said and how it's played off. This can be used to his advantage as a libertarian conservative who can beat Democrats and "lead the country'.

Just read the comments at the bottom of the page.

LawnWake
01-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Just read the comments at the bottom of the page.

The people most likely to comment on anything are cynics and internet warriors. It's a mixed bag of hostility from both Democrats AND Republicans too. So it's not exactly a liberal lovefest that could turn off Republican voters.

Sola_Fide
01-29-2015, 12:02 PM
David Letterman: Rand Paul makes sense. Then bashes Rand for 2 years and votes for Hillary.

specsaregood
01-29-2015, 12:15 PM
I think it's more about Letterman and less about Maddow.

Actually, whats great about it was Letterman putting her in the position where she had to agree with that comment. Do you recall how nuts she went on the past election night?

She went nuts and Matthews put her in her place:
Jump to : @3:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BRkyI3HDf4

eleganz
01-29-2015, 01:28 PM
It'll only build from here, anytime David hears meets or sees Rand speak, he will listen more and more and always keep an open mind. People do that for those they publicly deem "logical".

Okaloosa
01-29-2015, 04:33 PM
The conversation on the election shifts to Rand Paul starting around 1:20 into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1bJZRGXjqI#t=93

r3volution 3.0
01-30-2015, 12:59 AM
Yep, a terminal case of Rand Derangement Syndrome with that one

acptulsa
01-30-2015, 08:26 AM
TV people becoming smarter?

He can afford to, now that he has set the date for his retirement. Can they really afford to have him fired with four months to go the first time he says something nice about Rand Paul? Would that not be a strong endorsement for Paul?

David Letterman: Rand Paul makes sense. Then bashes Rand for 2 years and votes for Hillary.

Um, he's going to be preaching from his bully pulpit for four more months. After that, he has no reason to believe that he will ever appear live on national television again.

So how does that theory work again...?

economics102
01-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Actually, whats great about it was Letterman putting her in the position where she had to agree with that comment. Do you recall how nuts she went on the past election night?

She went nuts and Matthews put her in her place:
Jump to : @3:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BRkyI3HDf4

This whole segment is pretty great, except it's a shame nobody corrected Al Sharpton when he said "Rand Paul is saying lots of stuff but he's not taking action," which is a gobsmacking untruth considering that Rand had by the time of this TV segment already introduced numerous bills attempting to take action on these issues.

specsaregood
01-30-2015, 10:57 AM
This whole segment is pretty great, except it's a shame nobody corrected Al Sharpton when he said "Rand Paul is saying lots of stuff but he's not taking action," which is a gobsmacking untruth considering that Rand had by the time of this TV segment already introduced numerous bills attempting to take action on these issues.

Well, most of the people there aren't gonna defend Randal much, even Matthews did more than I would expect. with that said, Randal met with Sharpton (at Sharpton's request) a month or so later, perhaps they discussed that.