PDA

View Full Version : Louie Gohmert, the Bibi Whisperer

Suzanimal
01-27-2015, 11:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/i29zgBnm.png

Before it was an international incident, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's upcoming speech to Congress was just a twinkle in Louie Gohmert's eye. The conservative east Texas congressman has been sending letters to colleagues, asking for Netanyahu to be invited to address the people's House, for five years.

"We must provide the world an IMMEDIATE visual image that we still firmly stand with Israel by inviting Prime Minister Netanyahu to address a joint session of Congress," Gohmert wrote in 2010. "The symbolism of both sides of the aisle standing together applauding the Israeli Prime Minister would be powerful enough to send the message that friends may have disagreements, but they will still stand strongly with each other."

At that time, Gohmert didn't get much of a hearing from Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. Last week, when Speaker of the House John Boehner invited Netanyahu and sparked debate about whether he was using a foreign leader to browbeat President Obama over Iran, Gohmert's spadework was not mentioned. On Friday, speaking to Iowa radio host Simon Conway, Representative Steve King praised Boehner while sharing some of the credit. Gohmert, the guy who'd just challenged Boehner for the gavel, had the idea first.

Whatever Boehner says about Netanyahu, he cannot match the ardor of Gohmert. He's described the prime minister as a new King David, a figure of historical and religious import.

"I told the prime minister," Gohmert recalled this month at a Tea Party convention, "I said, 'I mentioned this to you in 2009'—we met a couple of times since then, but anyway—'I mentioned this to you in 2009 and I want to reiterate it, I think, I’m not a prophet, I know the Old Testament, I know history, I think you’ve got a chance to be one of Israel’s great leaders.'"

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-01-27/louie-gohmert-the-bibi-whisperer

ctiger2
01-27-2015, 12:03 PM
Gohmert just outed himself as a Christian Zionist MORON. Bibi thx you for your patronage,. you nitwit.