PDA

View Full Version : Controversial new website allows you to give COPS restaurant-style reviews and star ratings

donnay
01-25-2015, 08:54 AM
Controversial new website allows you to give COPS restaurant-style reviews and star ratings in the wake of police brutality cases

By Wills Robinson

A controversial website has been set up allowing citizens to rate the performance of cops in the wake of high-profile police brutality cases.

CopScore encourages people to submit 'officer performance reviews' and give star ratings for officers in their area or nationally.

Anyone can register to the site and the feedback can be anonymous if the user wishes.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/24/2505E82D00000578-0-CopScore_encourages_people_to_submit_officer_perfo rmance_reviews-a-3_1422140281910.jpg
Controversial: CopScore encourages people to submit 'officer performance reviews' and give star ratings for officers in their area or nationally. An example is Officer Grant Morrison from Billings Police Department, Montana, who shot a suspect dead during a traffic stop in April

Continued... (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2925063/Controversial-new-website-allows-COPS-restaurant-style-reviews-star-ratings-wake-police-brutality-cases.html)

tangent4ronpaul
01-25-2015, 09:25 AM
Requires a badge number - cops being abusive will not provide. Might even arrest you for asking.

Poster child shot a guy whacked out on crack and acting erratically. Not the best choice.

-t

ghengis86
01-25-2015, 09:30 AM
This would matter if you had a choice in your service provider. But you don't, and they know it and they really don't care.

ghengis86
01-25-2015, 09:36 AM
"Someone gave me 0 out of 5 stars and called me a vindictive prick, anonymously!"

"Hello, AT&T? Yes, this is Officer Smallcock and I need some IP address information. Warrant? Um, yeah, well, this is for the children and 9-11 and terrorism, so I don't need one and you're now gagged from ever talking about this request, so just tell me who this little shitbag is that's giving me bad reviews so I don't have to kick both your asses -legally, mind you. And if you have a problem with it, call the cops! Oh wait, I am the cops! Better just leave me a bad review, "anonymously"!! HAHAHAHA!! "

Oh, it's good to be in the enforcement caste..

JK/SEA
01-25-2015, 02:39 PM
"Someone gave me 0 out of 5 stars and called me a vindictive prick, anonymously!"

"Hello, AT&T? Yes, this is Officer Smallcock and I need some IP address information. Warrant? Um, yeah, well, this is for the children and 9-11 and terrorism, so I don't need one and you're now gagged from ever talking about this request, so just tell me who this little shitbag is that's giving me bad reviews so I don't have to kick both your asses -legally, mind you. And if you have a problem with it, call the cops! Oh wait, I am the cops! Better just leave me a bad review, "anonymously"!! HAHAHAHA!! "

yep...it would take some real balls to post in there on a bad cop, something most slaves don't have...

invisible
01-25-2015, 08:41 PM
Not being able to post anonymously makes it completely worthless. Otherwise, I wouldn't hesitate to post a dozen or two "reviews".

RJB
01-25-2015, 09:02 PM
To me this sounds like a sensationalized version of Copblock.

muh_roads
01-25-2015, 09:49 PM

Connect to an encrypted VPN outside of the US. Preferably Switzerland. They are protected from US & EU laws.

TheGrinch
01-26-2015, 01:14 AM
Lots of reasons it won't work, but first and foremost, it discredits the claims when it gets lumped in with the thousands of complaints that can be written off because people are going to generally be biased against the officer that confronted them, and in most cases, cited or arrested them.

That doesn't mean they don't deserve scrutiny, but it doesn't lend to credibility.

Also, it could even be counterproductive to point out the cops who are actually fair and we'll a intentioned, as they may be seen as "soft" by the department.

Lots of other issues too, but unfortunately this does not seem to be a good outlet for checks and balances. I don't see much positive coming from it.