PDA

View Full Version : The 5 mansions of the billionaire who wants America to live a 'smaller' existence

juleswin
01-24-2015, 08:47 AM
By Adrian Glick Kudler 16 hours ago

Jeff Greene is a billionaire who made most of his fortune shorting subprime mortgages ahead of the last recession. Greene took a private jet to this year's World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, along with his wife, children and two nannies, and then told Bloomberg that "America's lifestyle expectations are far too high and need to be adjusted so we have less things and a smaller, better existence. We need to reinvent our whole system of life."

Green (sic) owns a $195-million palace in Beverly Hills with 23 bathrooms and a rotating dance floor, two other Los Angeles mansions, a mansion in Palm Beach, a mansion in the Hamptons, and a 145-foot party yacht called Summerwind that once severely damaged a protected coral reef off Belize. Here's a look

snip...
http://yhoo.it/1opm3PQ

In 2009, Greene decided to leave California (possibly for tax purposes) and move back to Palm Beach, Florida, where he grew up. He paid $24 million for La Bellucia, a 1920 estate with a nine-bedroom, 12,000-square-foot main house designed by Addison Mizner and 234 feet of oceanfront. During an extensive renovation of the house, he shacked up with his family in six suites at his own Omphoy Ocean Resort hotel, where he reportedly converted a banquet-equipment storage room into "a playroom with a photo booth, juke box and movie theater" and a meditation garden into a playground for his children.

https://homes.yahoo.com/news/own-five-mansions-guy-wants-150056064.html

Just think how these taxphobic bastards want to increase taxes on you and wants you to downgrade your lifestyle while doing the opposite for themselves. Even if the global warming myth is true, I would still reject their proposal of curbing C02 by making energy more expensive and pushing more tax payer money into subsidizing green energy. To that solution, I say "LET IT BURN"

donnay
01-24-2015, 03:56 PM
This is what happens when people with money think they know what is best for us... Don't do as I do, do as I say! Screw you, Jeff Greene!

Multi-billionaire who gave a lecture about American's 'needing to have less things and live a smaller existence' owns a staggering FIVE mansions... including the nation's most expensive home

By Joel Christie

Billionaire property investor Jeff Greene recently spoke at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, saying he believes people in the United States need to stop aiming so high and start living with less.

'America's lifestyle expectations are far too high and need to be adjusted so we have less things and a smaller, better existence,' Greene, who ran for the Democratic Senate nomination in Florida in 2010, said in an interview.

'We need to reinvent our whole system of life.'

The only issue Americans took with the 60-year-old's opinions was, well, everything, given he owns a $195 million palace in Beverly Hills, which has 23 bathrooms and a rotating dance floor, as well as four other blue ribbon properties, and is famous for throwing wild parties on a 145-foot yacht, Yahoo! Homes reported (https://homes.yahoo.com/news/own-five-mansions-guy-wants-150056064.html).

Continued... (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2924457/He-said-Multi-billionaire-gave-lecture-American-s-needing-things-live-smaller-existence-owns-FIVE-mansions-are.html)

aGameOfThrones
01-24-2015, 04:07 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aEwlVIu5xHA/VCB4v3KgiMI/AAAAAAAATvM/lNubgOqE-Qs/s1600/i%2Bam%2Bking%2Bhere.gif

stop eating so much

Anti Federalist
01-24-2015, 04:15 PM
5 percent: elite ruling class.

95 percent: servant class living in semi squalor.

Welcome to the New World Order.

euphemia
01-24-2015, 05:43 PM
Hypocrite.

What I suspect is really happening is that the uber wealthy have grown tired of maintaining their lives. They long for simplicity, and can afford to downsize.

DamianTV
01-24-2015, 06:27 PM
The super uber mega rich see the world as they see themselves. They see the world as "able to downsize", thus, they project the way they see the world on to us and truly believe we are just as "able to downsize" as they are. This also makes me think of Cops, where they see everyone around them as criminals and wrong-doers. Does this also imply that Cops see everyone as criminals because they know deep down, somewhere, that they are the ones that are evil? Bet your sweet ass it does. They are bullies and abusers and see everyone else around them as bullies and exploiters and abusers as well.

The problem with the rich is the more that they see themselves as being able to afford anything they can possibly imagine, the more they will project their view of the world on to us and continue to expect us to give up more and more and more for them to continue to prosper at our expense. Thus, they think the world needs to "downsize" because somewhere, they recognize their own footprint as being way larger than it should be.