PDA

View Full Version : Senate votes that climate change is real

Suzanimal
01-21-2015, 05:29 PM
The Senate on Wednesday voted 98-1 in favor of a an amendment stating that "climate change is real and is not a hoax."

The provision offered by Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) to put Republicans on record about climate change ahead of the 2016 election passed with near unanimous support, with only Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), the chairman of the campaign committee for Senate Republicans, voting "no."

In a surprise, one of the Senate's staunchest climate change skeptics, Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), voted in favor of the amendment. But he made clear he doesn't believe humans are the primary driver of climate change.

The amendment will now be attached to legislation that would approve the $8 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline — a project that environmentalists vigorously oppose.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/230316-senate-votes-98-1-that-climate-change-is-real

dannno
01-21-2015, 05:30 PM
Yep, the climate does change..

jllundqu
01-21-2015, 05:32 PM

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

GunnyFreedom
01-21-2015, 05:39 PM
Of course the climate changes. The question is the driver of climate change, particularly whether the primary driver is solar activity or human activity. I am squarely in the 'solar' camp. As to the bill, this is just stupid. What's next, a Congressional bill that says water is wet? We need an Act of Congress for this stupidity?

Danke
01-21-2015, 05:42 PM

Fuck San Diego.

We in MN want warming!

http://m4gw.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJUFTm6cJXM

RJB
01-21-2015, 05:46 PM
Too bad they didn't use their power to proclaim that this winter will be a warm one.

Anti Federalist
01-21-2015, 05:56 PM
Who was the one?

Suzanimal
01-21-2015, 06:04 PM
Who was the one?

Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), the chairman of the campaign committee for Senate Republicans, voting "no."

dannno
01-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Who was the one?

Also,
In a surprise, one of the Senate's staunchest climate change skeptics, Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), voted in favor of the amendment. But he made clear he doesn't believe humans are the primary driver of climate change.

CaptainAmerica
01-21-2015, 06:17 PM
Senate votes that all people poop

torchbearer
01-21-2015, 06:26 PM
Senate votes that all people poop

And I shall add an amendment to decree that all poop smell like roses.

muh_roads
01-21-2015, 06:55 PM
Know what else is real? The IPCC keeping some of their data closed-source and away from the public.

devil21
01-21-2015, 08:46 PM
Of course the climate changes. They wouldn't have done this if it wasn't a trial balloon and stepping stone to something egregious later, like tax hikes.

Anti Federalist
01-21-2015, 10:07 PM
Of course the climate changes. They wouldn't have done this if it wasn't a trial balloon and stepping stone to something egregious later, like tax hikes.

I only wish that tax hikes were all that were going to be imposed on us in the name of "fighting AGW".

DamianTV
01-22-2015, 02:53 AM
One part is tr00. We get a Summer every summer and a Winter every damn Winter too!

The part that stinks like horse shit to me is when they turn around and say "We need a Summer and Fall and Winter and Spring Tax" because teh fucking seasons changed!

osan
01-22-2015, 03:24 AM
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/230316-senate-votes-98-1-that-climate-change-is-real

What brand of bung-hole, rat-bag stoogery is this?

Take a moment, those of you old enough to have known the trails of it... and think back on the way adults comported themselves in, say, the 1960s. Now, after having soaked in this memory for 30 seconds or so, compare with what you are witnessing here. Yes, I know the shock is pretty straining, but you needed to experience this in order to be reminded of what idiots we have become, on the whole.

There is a part of me, albeit a small part, that wants to start thrashing and tearing my own hair from my scalp. Honest to God, I can barely comprehend the depth of this particular snippet of stupidity, not to mention that required to quell the proper public response of arming themselves, marching on DC, and hanging all 48 of those IDIOTS for the sakes of mercy and self-respect.

Great... starting the day with a headache.

DamianTV
01-22-2015, 04:19 AM
I'd call it Thought Regulation, but what ever...

Spikender
01-22-2015, 04:54 AM
What brand of bung-hole, rat-bag stoogery is this?

Take a moment, those of you old enough to have known the trails of it... and think back on the way adults comported themselves in, say, the 1960s. Now, after having soaked in this memory for 30 seconds or so, compare with what you are witnessing here. Yes, I know the shock is pretty straining, but you needed to experience this in order to be reminded of what idiots we have become, on the whole.

There is a part of me, albeit a small part, that wants to start thrashing and tearing my own hair from my scalp. Honest to God, I can barely comprehend the depth of this particular snippet of stupidity, not to mention that required to quell the proper public response of arming themselves, marching on DC, and hanging all 48 of those IDIOTS for the sakes of mercy and self-respect.

Great... starting the day with a headache.

Looking through history, I think most people were always stupid. We haven't become smarter, we've just become more technologically savvy where human stupidity is even easier to see. After all, we're bombarded by it from all sides thanks to our inter-connectivity.

tangent4ronpaul
01-22-2015, 04:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnk0tIqsbYM

So Rand voted yes on this? WTF???

He sure isn't his dad!

-t

Origanalist
01-22-2015, 05:08 AM

He sure isn't his dad!

-t

No, he isn't.

Spikender
01-22-2015, 05:36 AM

He sure isn't his dad!

-t

Clearly Rand Paul has sold out.

mrsat_98
01-22-2015, 06:17 AM
Next they will vote this to be true.

THE THEORY OF DARK SUCKERS

as presented by Paul Holmgren

with additions and corrections by Holly Stowe

For years it was believed that light wes emitted from an electric bulb; recent information has proven otherwise - dark is sucked into the bulb - therefore, the bulb is a dark sucker.
There are many types and sizes of dark suckers. The largest manufacturers of dark suckers are General Electric and Sylvania. Some modern dark suckers utilize solid power to operate properly. Solid power units can be purchased from Eveready, Exide, and Duracell.
The dark sucker theory proves the existance of dark suckers as well as proving that dark is heaver than light. Some examples are as follows:
Electric bulbs: There is less dark near the electric bulb than at a distance of 100 feet when it is operating; therefore, it is sucking dark and can be classified as a dark sucker. The larger the dark sucker, the greater the distance it can suck dark. The larger the dark sucker the greater its capacity of dark. The dark sucking capabilities are evident when the dark sucker has reached its capacity and will no longer suck dark. At that point you may notice the dark area on the inside portion of the dark sucker. The larger the dark sucker, the larger the area of dark found within. This type of dark sucker can be made directional by placing a shield around a portion of the unit or behind it. This will prevent dark from entering the dark sucker from that side thereby extending the range of the dark sucker on the unprotected/unshielded side.
Candles - primitive dark suckers: There is more dark 30 feet from a lit candle then there is at a distance of 3 feet. Proof of it's dark sucking capabilities is relatively simple. Examine a new unused candle, notice that the center core is not dark. Ignite the center core. Allow the center core to burn for about 5 minutes. Notice the lack of dark around the candle. Extinguish the candle flame. Notice that the center core of the candle is now dark. The center core is a dark sucker protected by a soft insulator to extend it's life expectancy and maintain rigidity to verify that this primitive dark sucker is operating properly. Ignite the center core and allow it to burn for a minimum of 2 minutes. Pass a clean pencil over the top of the flame, left to right, approximately 3 inches above the center core. Notice that there is no dark on the pencil. Pass the pencil over the center core now about 1/2 inch. Notice that the pencil now has a dark area. The pencil blocked the path of the dark being sucked to the core of the dark sucker. This type dark sucker is very primitive and does not suck dark any great distance nor does it have a large capacity.
Dark sucker solid power units may be purchased locally at a variety of outlets. Size does not determine the life expectancy of the dark sucker solid power unit. These solid power units work with many modern dark suckers, and absorb dark from the dark sucker. The absorbed dark is converted to solid power within the unit.
An example of the conversion of dark into solid power in the automobile of today. Notice an auto in use during dark hours. Two (possibly four) large dark suckers are located on the front. On the rear there are two (or 3) smaller dark suckers with red filters. You may also notice several dark suckers with yellow filters. These filters are required to remove a percentage of red and yellow from total dark so as to energize the solid power unit. The solid power unit permits the auto to be utilized during hours of no dark by the dark it has absorbed. The number of dark suckers varies with the age of the automobile. Newer automobile solid power units require a greater percentage of red filtered dark. Older units generally require more non-filtered dark. The solid power unit of the automobile has a dark interior. This can be proved by cutting the solid power unit in half.
Dark is heavier than light. Dark always settles to the bottom of a lake and/or river. Submerge just below the surface of a lake and you will notice an absence of dark. Lower yourself to 15 feet below the surface and you will notice a degree of darkness even on a sunny, bright day. Lower yourself to 50 feet (or more) below the surface and you are in total dark. Ergo, the dark has settled to the bottom; therefore, dark is heavier than light. Modern technology has allowed us to utilize the dark that has settled to the bottom of large rivers through the creation of turbines which push the dark downriver to the ocean, which has a larger holding capacity for dark and is a common safe storage location. As the dark is passed through the turbine, a percentage of solid power is removed and transmitted to various short term storage plants for many usages. Prior to turbines, it was much more difficult to move the dark from rivers to storage areas such as deep lakes or the ocean. The Indians would paddle their canoes very little and not very deeply if they were going in the direction of flow of dark so as not to slow it down. However, if they were traveling opposite the natural flow of dark, they would dig their paddles very deep and rapidly to assist the flow of dark to its ocean storage place.
Dark is faster than light. If you would open a drawer very slowly, you will notice that the light goes into the drawer. (You can see this happen.) You cannot see the dark leave the drawer. Continue to open the drawer and light will continue to enter the drawer; however, you will not see any dark leave the drawer. Therefore, dark is faster than light. Go into a closet, close the door, and turn off the dark sucker. Have a friend open the door about 1 inch. Your friend will not see any dark leave the closet, nor will you. Have your friend open the door until half the closet is dark and half is light. Since 2 objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time, and you do not feel any change in pressure, by compressing the dark, it is logical to assume that dark is faster than light.
One last proof.
What is a by-product of movement of dark? Heat. What is a by- product of dark suckers? Heat, again.
Therefore a dark sucker generates heat during its operation, sucking dark from the surrounding area.

otherone
01-22-2015, 08:06 AM

Hmmm...
The "Greatest Generation"(TM) was wholly in charge of Cold War hysteria and white guilt resulted in "The Great Society"...the birth of the welfare state. I could go on....
People have always been fearful and stupid.

aGameOfThrones
01-22-2015, 08:50 AM
“Some men say the earth is flat.

Some men say the earth is round.

But if it is flat. Could Parliament make it round?

And if it round. Could the kings command flatten it?”

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2015, 09:12 AM
Clearly Rand Paul has sold out.

It looks to me like he just avoided landmines laid by idiots. So far as I can tell this bill really does nothing at all.it's just one of those that if you don't vote for it you'll get slammed by the media during your next campaign. All this bill was to begin with, is a trap.if I were there, I would certainly have done what I could to avoid the trap.

KCIndy
01-22-2015, 12:54 PM
It looks to me like he just avoided landmines laid by idiots. So far as I can tell this bill really does nothing at all.it's just one of those that if you don't vote for it you'll get slammed by the media during your next campaign. All this bill was to begin with, is a trap.if I were there, I would certainly have done what I could to avoid the trap.

http://digitalclaritygroup.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/trap.png

I agree.

On the bright side, they wasted a lot of time on this utterly meaningless vote. That's much better than passing some stupid law that will actually foul up people's lives. :D

ZENemy
01-22-2015, 12:55 PM
If "taxes" are the solution, then the problem was never real in the first place.

Ronin Truth
01-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Next week they're voting to make, Pi = 3.

acptulsa
01-22-2015, 01:25 PM
If only they would vote to repeal friction our energy worries would be over.

The least they could do to actually be helpful is vote wind resistance out of existence.

Dr.3D
01-22-2015, 01:34 PM
If only they would vote to repeal friction our energy worries would be over.

The least they could do to actually be helpful is vote wind resistance out of existence.
Then the wind turbines wouldn't work anymore if they knew it was illegal for wind resistance to exist.

Of course they could repeal the law of gravity. I doubt nature would listen to them though.

Ronin Truth
01-22-2015, 01:39 PM
Repeal Obamacare 50 more times.

Brian4Liberty
01-22-2015, 01:42 PM
Damn climate change! There was a huge change since yesterday, and the "experts" got their prediction backwards too! A tax and a new commodities exchange will fix it.

aGameOfThrones
01-22-2015, 01:43 PM
Senate votes that water is wet 98-1

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2015, 01:46 PM
Then the wind turbines wouldn't work anymore if they knew it was illegal for wind resistance to exist.

Of course they could repeal the law of gravity. I doubt nature would listen to them though.

Well then we're just koing to have to taze that witch and throw her in prison.

acptulsa
01-22-2015, 01:46 PM

Me, too. Millions are high enough even with gravity in force--and weed has been illegal for eighty years...

PaulConventionWV
01-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Well, if the Senate says it, it must be true. After all, we have to trust the authorities, or else how do we know anything?

Dr.3D
01-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Well, if the Senate says it, it must be true. After all, we have to trust the authorities, or else how do we know anything?
Sides, it's a mental illness to question authority.

wizardwatson
01-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Wake me up when they vote on whether or not DiCaprio's character was awake or sleeping at the end of Inception.

I'm also curious whether time travel is possible.

They are also overdue on condemning those who wear white after labor day.

It's very sad that our entire legislative system seems to have been reduced to churning out the equivalent of press releases informing the public of the governments opinion about the truth of things and who it "condemns" or approves of.

Exactly what is the practical difference between Joe Sixpack "condemning" ISIS for instance on twitter and our elected officials condemning ISIS via symbolic legislation? The latter just costs the taxpayers money and reveals our leaders for the impotent fools they are.

TheGrinch
01-22-2015, 05:19 PM
So did Congress ever vote on whether pooping is actually concentrated evil coming from my backside?

Because I'm really getting tired of holding it in.

Slave Mentality
01-22-2015, 06:23 PM
I can't wait to see how the vote goes for the Space is a Vacuum and You Can't Breathe There Bill. So embarrassing.

HOLLYWOOD
01-22-2015, 06:38 PM
If "taxes" are the solution, then the problem was never real in the first place.Yeah, the Bipartisan Budget Act at the end of December 2013(Paul Ryan, Jacob Lew, Boehner, and Obama & company) increased taxes $650 BILLION of the next 10 years!

Paul Ryan even came out in public on his Ryan-Murray swindling bill stating, "That it will save $23 Billion." Can't put that torwards your crafted climate change crap?

Yep, there's the logic of these political jelly fish and charlatans.

PS: Today the Grand Canyon too, stated there's climate change... when it looked in the mirror.

PSS: I think there's a whole bunch of new EPA regs that went into effect on Jan 1 for emissions. I presume that's not enough either, in that, only taxing the people more will stop climate change! :rolleyes:

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2015, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I'm the Taxman.
If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat,
If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.
Taxman.

DamianTV
01-23-2015, 03:26 AM
Science By Democracy Doesn't Work
http://science.slashdot.org/story/15/01/22/1341257/science-by-democracy-doesnt-work

The US Senate just voted on whether climate change is a hoax, knowing full well that debates or votes don't change what is or isn't scientifically true or valid. Nevertheless, debates have always been a thing in science, and they do have their place: in raising what points would be needed to validate, robustly confirm or refute competing explanations, theories or ideas. The greatest scientific debate in all of history — along with its conclusions — illustrates exactly this.

Did I not just discuss that the DSM (psychiatric manual) only list conditions that were voted on by a bunch of asshats that got paid by Big Pharma in this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?467202-quot-If-You-Question-Authority-You-Are-Mentally-Ill-quot-Report-Finds) thread?

Occam's Banana
01-23-2015, 06:19 AM
The science politics is settled!

DamianTV
01-23-2015, 06:34 AM
The politics of science will always be infinitely more complex than the science itself. Alright, back to hiding in my hollowed out baking soda volcano lair...

cajuncocoa
01-23-2015, 06:58 AM
Rand is a sly little devil! No matter how he votes on an issue, it's always the right way!

tod evans
01-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Senate votes that climate change is real

Well thank goodness!

Without their astute guidance I could have never got through another day...:rolleyes:

Tax dollars at work....

otherone
01-23-2015, 09:04 AM
I can't wait to see how the vote goes for the Space is a Vacuum and You Can't Breathe There Bill. So embarrassing.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608007562409806257&pid=15.1&P=0

What say you?

osan
01-23-2015, 10:48 AM

Two-edged sword, my pal. The other result of playing it safe is that he earns the mistrust of people who'd given him the benefit of doubt. He squanders the capital of the "Paul" brand.

His problem is the same as that with about 98% of the people in the game: at the end of the day they are cowards, playing it safe for fear of loss. Winning and losing are irrelevant to the warrior. It reeks of selling oneself as a street whore in the morning for the sake of the "greater good" in the afternoon.

I don't trust him past my own nose. But I see no viable alternative stepping up, so let him grab the seat if he is able and then we will see with truer eyes the fabric whence he is cut. I think it likely he will sell out just like the rest have... or get his brains spread on a sidewalk, somewhere. He doesn't strike me as the hero sort, to the latter option seems unlikely to me. But let time and opportunity speak to us.

My question would be this: if Rand Paul becomes the next president, and I doubt that he will, and he sells out, where will that leave all his idolators?

osan
01-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Next week they're voting to make, Pi = 3.

What? I thought they were nullifying the law of gravity... what the hell?

Valli6
01-23-2015, 11:02 AM
Yes, and this is more commonly known as "weather".

Dr.3D
01-23-2015, 11:09 AM
I've never seen a room full of scientists vote on a theory to determine if it's true.

I really doubt the senate voting on it makes it real.

osan
01-23-2015, 11:15 AM
Of course the climate changes. The question is the driver of climate change, particularly whether the primary driver is solar activity or human activity. I am squarely in the 'solar' camp. As to the bill, this is just stupid. What's next, a Congressional bill that says water is wet? We need an Act of Congress for this stupidity?

This is precisely the point - one that apparently evades all these imbeciles who bloat on as if they had a clue. The total amount of insolation on any given day is enough to run all human affairs for a year with a shit-ton to spare.

That aside, NASA has measured the net planetary thermal load and it has not changed, which tells us either AGW is bullshit, or the laws of thermodynamics are wrong. One can but wonder which is the more likely case.