PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Rand Paul: Break Down the Wall That Separates Us From the 'Other America' - TIME #MLK

NACBA
01-19-2015, 08:32 AM
We need to notice and be aware of the injustices embedded in our criminal justice system

In his 1967 address to Stanford University, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke of two Americas. He described them as, “two starkly different American experiences that exist side by side.”

In one America, people experienced “the opportunity of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in all its dimensions.” In the other America, people experienced a “daily ugliness” that dashes hope and leaves only “the fatigue of despair.”

The uneasy coexistence of the two Americas is brought to bear by the deaths of Eric Garner and Michael Brown.

http://time.com/3671819/sen-rand-paul-eric-garner-and-michael-brown-and-the-uneasy-coexistence-of-two-americas/

NACBA
01-19-2015, 08:33 AM
Great read for MLK Day

jurgs01
01-19-2015, 09:22 AM
The comments on Facebook are pretty sad. Unfortunately, most people who consider themselves conservative are just Fox News drones.

CaptUSA
01-19-2015, 09:26 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?466994-Sen-Rand-Paul-Break-Down-the-Wall-That-Separates-Us-From-the-‘Other-America’
Merge

TaftFan
01-19-2015, 02:04 PM
The comments on Facebook are pretty sad. Unfortunately, most people who consider themselves conservative are just Fox News drones.
Part of it has to do with YET ANOTHER communications failure. The Facebook preview shows a black lives matter sign. Something that can easily be changed by anyone who knows to operate a Facebook page.

I am really getting tired of this ineptness on the part of Rand's team.

mit26chell
01-19-2015, 02:23 PM
Part of it has to do with YET ANOTHER communications failure. The Facebook preview shows a black lives matter sign. Something that can easily be changed by anyone who knows to operate a Facebook page.

Isn't it interesting though that a sign that merely reads, 'Black Lives Matter' would get the Fox News crowd so up in arms? Really speaks a lot about these people, their intelligence and what they believe in. They certainly don't believe in what Rand believes in.

NOVALibertarian
01-19-2015, 02:45 PM
Isn't it interesting though that a sign that merely reads, 'Black Lives Matter' would get the Fox News crowd so up in arms? Really speaks a lot about these people, their intelligence and what they believe in. They certainly don't believe in what Rand believes in.

It's not the sign that causes that reaction per say, but the intolerant SJWs who have gravitated towards the cause that the sign represents. Honestly, just seeing a story that features that sign, that knee-jerk reaction isn't completely out of line.

Trust me when I say that the "Black Lives Matter" movement has been taken over by intolerant and hateful SJWs who have used this movement as just another pedestal to spout off their ridiculous rhetoric. I attend a Liberal Arts university and have tons of friends on Facebook who fit the SJW label. I see their nonsense almost everyday.

EDIT- And even if the sign "Black Lives Matters" gets the Fox News crowd up in arms, Rand's staff should know their audience. Rand isn't a Democrat nor a Progressive. His audience isn't the MSNBC or even the CNN crowd. His crowd, at least until primary season is over, is the Fox News crowd. We've seen this stuff before from his staff.

specsaregood
01-19-2015, 03:18 PM

pfft. Anybody that gets upset over a photo of a sign saying "black lives matter" being on his facebook page was never going to vote for him anyways. Maybe its a good thing Randal is actively pushing the psychos away from his campaign.

scottditzen
01-19-2015, 03:28 PM

Screw them. Those kinds of people will never be content. With anything. Their only comfort in life is assimilating with other misinformed idiots.

Brett85
01-19-2015, 05:45 PM

I have to say that I'm not sure if we want the votes of people who don't think that black lives matter.

philipped
01-19-2015, 06:42 PM
I have to say that I'm not sure if we want the votes of people who don't think that black lives matter.
^^^
Even though this is fact, we still on that All Lives Matter campaign around here personally. Let us remember Rand doesn't wish to take away from those who feel distressed, that "current of unease" has all the freedom to do what it does, Rand still hasn't changed a policy position or objective of substantial change.

Rand wants to be the Republican nominee but also AMERICAS President, a post-Obama, "post-Racial" (regardless of what the propaganda box defines that as) Republican nominee, one that actively pursues ALL Americans to join him in the race for the White House. Don't loose track of the goal people, true individual liberty is designed to be a substantially positive alternate from the serfdom masked as the governments compassion.

phill4paul
01-19-2015, 06:55 PM
What? No @Obamabreakdownthiswall?

rich34
01-19-2015, 09:33 PM
Maybe Rand is hoping to tap into some different outlets of fundraising. But then again this hardcore traditional republican i used to work with was convinced the majority of Ron's fundraising money was coming from the far left anti war crowd even....George Soros.. Preferibly Id like to see the vast majority of his money come from hardcore republicans that vote in the primaries just to be able to gauage the true level of potentional support/votes, but in reality as long as he can raise a shit ton of money I could care less where it comes from. And really if the anti war left are truly motivated by that position then they should be throwing money to Rand even if its just to keep what they percieve as the more war monger gop candidates. For instance Rand should really be able to draw money from the hollywood crowds if done right. Instead of oprah which i know wont happen or any other big name they need to just donate to the moneybombs. Man I cant wait until the first one.

Maybe we should go ahead and make a list of all what we'd percieve as pro friendly Rand websites/forums and start hitting them all up after the first one is announced to spread the word far and wide. I remember for Ron I emailed many many sites informing them of Ron's moneybomb dates.

TaftFan
01-19-2015, 10:56 PM

That isn't the issue. The issue is the hashtag movement is largely based on lies and racial hatred. And more importantly, all lives matter, not just black lives.

#BlackLivesMatter basically comes across as, "You suck racist white people."