PDA

View Full Version : Senator Cruz on tax reform: Abolish the IRS

johnwk
01-18-2015, 07:52 PM

SEE: Cruz: Abolish the IRS (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/12/cruz-abolish-irs/?intcmp=latestnews)

January 13th , 2015

”Republican Sen. Ted Cruz said Monday that Republicans should take advantage of their control of Congress to abolish the Internal Revenue Service.

“We need to pass fundamental tax reform making our tax code simpler, flatter, fairer,” he said Monday at Heritage Action’s 2015 conservative policy summit. ”And I’ll tell you, the single most important tax reform, we should abolish the IRS.”

What is discouraging is, the above article goes on to say that Senator Ted Cruz ”… acknowledged it’s not really possible to abolish the IRS or adopt a flat tax while Obama is in office …”

Seems to me even if Obama were to agree to adopting a “flat tax” on “incomes” (profits, gains, salaries, interest, wages, tips, etc.) which I believe is what Senator Cruz is in favor of, the IRS would have to remain intact and the American people would continue to suffer all the miseries connected with this hideous form of taxation.

Would Congress not remain in charge of defining what is and is not “taxable income”? Wouldn’t a flat tax in incomes continue to allow taxation to be used by our federal government as a weapon against political foes, and to silence free speech? Is a flat tax on “income” not intentionally designed to place an unequal tax burden on our most productive and hardworking citizens, who are then taxed directly on their earned wages which is then used by corrupted politicians to buy the votes of the unemployed and unproductive who have been made dependent upon “free government cheese”? Would a flat tax on incomes not continue to generate class warfare and divide American Citizens into countless factious groups, each of which attack each other and seek to benefit from this unequal form of direct taxation? And how about the billions of dollars wasted each year by America’s taxpayers and businesses to conform to its regulations and record keeping, and its mandatory divulgence of personal information? Is this not in itself a cause to reject this hideous and oppressive form of taxation?

Moving on, is it really true that it’s not possible to abolish the IRS as we know it and adopt a fairer system of federal taxation while “Obama is in office” as suggested by Senator Cruz? Seems to me that Article V of our Constitution provides a pathway which would remove Obama from an effort to close down the IRS as we know it and adopt real tax reform. But this procedure, sending an amendment to the states for ratification would require the Republican controlled House and Senate to be sincere about wanting real tax reform.

I fully agree with Senator Cruz that "Republicans should take advantage of their control of Congress to abolish the Internal Revenue Service". And this could be accomplished by the Republican controlled Congress sending the following constitutional amendment to the states for ratification!

The Fair Share Balanced Budget Amendment

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the sixteenth article of amendment, and require an annually balanced federal budget

“SECTION 1. The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay ``any`` tax or burden calculated from profits, gains, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money

NOTE: these words would return us to our founding fathers ORIGINAL TAX PLAN (http://townshipnews.us/?p=1360) as they intended it to operate! And, they would remove the existing chains of taxation which now oppresses America‘s free enterprise system and robs the bread which working people have earned when selling their labor!

"SECTION 2. Congress ought not raise money by borrowing, but when the money arising from imposts duties and excise taxes are insufficient to meet the public exigencies, and Congress has raised money by borrowing during the course of a fiscal year, Congress shall then lay a direct tax at the beginning of the next fiscal year for an amount sufficient to extinguish the preceding fiscal year's deficit, and apply the revenue so raised to extinguishing said deficit."

NOTE: Congress is to raise its primary revenue from imposts and duties, [taxes at our water’s edge], and may also lay miscellaneous internal excise taxes on specifically chosen articles of consumption. But if Congress borrows and spends more than is brought in from imposts, duties and miscellaneous excise taxes during the course of a fiscal year, then, and only then, is the apportioned tax to be laid.

"SECTION 3. When Congress is required to lay a direct tax in accordance with Section 1 of this Article, the Secretary of the United States Treasury shall, in a timely manner, calculate each State's apportioned share of the total sum being raised by dividing its total population size by the total population of the united states and multiplying that figure by the total being raised by Congress, and then provide the various State Congressional Delegations with a Bill notifying their State’s Executive and Legislature of its share of the total tax being collected and a final date by which said tax shall be paid into the United States Treasury."

NOTE: our founder’s fair share formula to extinguish a deficit would be:

States’ population

---------------------------- X SUM TO BE RAISED = STATE’S FAIR SHARE

Total U.S. Population

This formula, as intended by our founding fathers, is to insure that those states who contribute the lion’s share of the tax are guaranteed a representation in Congress proportionately equal to their contribution, i.e., representation with a proportional financial obligation!

"SECTION 4. Each State shall be free to assume and pay its quota of the direct tax into the United States Treasury by a final date set by Congress, but if any State shall refuse or neglect to pay its quota, then Congress shall send forth its officers to assess and levy such State's proportion against the real property within the State with interest thereon at the rate of ((?)) per cent per annum, and against the individual owners of the taxable property. Provision shall be made for a 15% discount for those States paying their share by ((?))of the fiscal year in which the tax is laid, and a 10% discount for States paying by the final date set by Congress, such discount being to defray the States' cost of collection."

NOTE: This section respects the Tenth Amendment and allows each state to raise its share in its own chosen way in a time period set by Congress, but also allows the federal government to enter a state and collect the tax if a state is delinquent in meeting its obligation.

"SECTION 5. This Amendment to the Constitution, when ratified by the required number of States, shall take effect no later than (?) years after the required number of States have ratified it.

_______

The only question remaining is, is our Republican controlled Congress sincere about real tax reform and removing Obama from the equation?

JWK

“…..with all these blessings, what more is necessary to make us a happy and a prosperous people? Still one thing more, fellow-citizens—a wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicities“. Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address

Ronin Truth
01-19-2015, 06:59 AM
Gee, what an original idea.:p

Has abolishing their collection agency been cleared with the Rothschilds?

johnwk
01-19-2015, 07:45 AM
Gee, what an original idea.:p

Has abolishing their collection agency been cleared with the Rothschilds?

Why is it that not one of our “conservative” media personalities [Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, Schnitt, Mark Levin, Dennis Prager, Bill O'rielly, Mike Gallagher, Doc Thompson, Lee Rodgers, Neal Boortz, Mike Huckabee, Tammy Bruce, Monica Crowley, Herman Cain, etc.] will discuss the wisdom of our Constitution’s original tax plan, especially when it paved the way to not only control Congress, but created the economic underpinning which led to America becoming the economic marvel of the world?

JWK

Are you really ok with 45 percent of our nation’s population who pay no taxes on incomes being allowed to vote for representatives who spend federal revenue which the remaining 55 percent of our nation’s hard working and productive population has contributed into our federal treasury via taxes on incomes when our Constitution requires “Representatives and direct taxes Shall be apportioned among the Several States”?

Ronin Truth
01-19-2015, 08:13 AM
Why is it that not one of our “conservative” media personalities [Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, Schnitt, Mark Levin, Dennis Prager, Bill O'rielly, Mike Gallagher, Doc Thompson, Lee Rodgers, Neal Boortz, Mike Huckabee, Tammy Bruce, Monica Crowley, Herman Cain, etc.] will discuss the wisdom of our Constitution’s original tax plan, especially when it paved the way to not only control Congress, but created the economic underpinning which led to America becoming the economic marvel of the world?

JWK

Are you really ok with 45 percent of our nation’s population who pay no taxes on incomes being allowed to vote for representatives who spend federal revenue which the remaining 55 percent of our nation’s hard working and productive population has contributed into our federal treasury via taxes on incomes when our Constitution requires “Representatives and direct taxes Shall be apportioned among the Several States”?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=from+freedom+to+fascism&gbv=2&oq=From+Freed&gs_l=heirloom-hp.1.0.0l10.89502078.89507578.0.89517953.10.10.0.0 .0.0.344.2189.2-7j2.9.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-hp..1.9.2189.FRs6CsHELqY

The Gold Standard
01-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Without the IRS, how will they pay for his dream of worldwide extermination of the evil towelheads?

johnwk
01-19-2015, 01:40 PM

I wonder why Senator Cruz said we cannot get meaningful tax reform while Obama is president. He probably was referring to the president's veto power. But if the Republican controlled Congress sent an amendment to the states such as the FAIR SHARE BALANCED BUDGET AMENDMENT, it would effectively remove Obama from the process. Is it possible that Senator Cruz may have missed this pathway to real tax reform? Keep in mind that Republican Governors are in control in a majority of the States! Sending an amendment to the states at this point in time which offers real tax reform seems like a good idea!

JWK

“Honest money and honest taxation, the Key to America’s future Prosperity“___ from “Prosperity Restored by the State Rate Tax Plan”, no longer in print.

otherone
01-19-2015, 01:52 PM
I wonder why Senator Cruz said we cannot get meaningful tax reform while Obama is president.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AOklvvFRVoY/TRuvGh2B-xI/AAAAAAAAAKA/ivkxCLKU1Pw/s1600/wizard-ofe-oz.jpg
"ABOLISH THE IRS"

Dude...Republicans and Democrats are illusions created by the central banks.

johnwk
01-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Dude...Republicans and Democrats are illusions created by the central banks.

Could be, but why is it that not one of our “conservative” media personalities [Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, Schnitt, Mark Levin, Dennis Prager, Bill O'rielly, Mike Gallagher, Doc Thompson, Lee Rodgers, Neal Boortz, Mike Huckabee, Tammy Bruce, Monica Crowley, Herman Cain, etc.] have been willing to discussed on the air the wisdom of our Constitution’s original tax plan, especially when it was designed to control the conduct of Congress and paved the way for America becoming the economic marvel of the world?

JWK

“Honest money and honest taxation, the Key to America’s future Prosperity“ ___ from “Prosperity Restored by the State Rate Tax Plan”, no longer in print.

otherone
01-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Could be, but why is it that not one of our “conservative” media personalities have been willing to discussed on the air the wisdom of our Constitution’s original tax plan, especially when it was designed to control the conduct of Congress and paved the way for America becoming the economic marvel of the world?
JWK

You saw the Wizard of Oz pic I posted?
The media personalities are neither "our" nor "conservative". The same folks who own congress own the media. As long as people keep pulling the lever for the republocrat, the illusion of government remains.

"oooooh...me so mad, me vote for republican/ oooooh...me so mad, me vote for democrat."

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608046307303689720&pid=15.1&P=0

Zippyjuan
01-19-2015, 08:13 PM
What would a flat tax mean? Since just under half of all people who filed income tax forms last year owed no net taxes to the government, most would see their taxes go up. Some estimates say 84% of people would face higher taxes. http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/18/news/economy/cain_999_plan/

In 2013, personal income in the US totaled just over $14 trillion. http://www.statista.com/statistics/216756/us-personal-income/

Let's say we don't exempt anything (to keep it simple but you know exemptions and deductions are not going to go away but let's assume they do).

What would our tax rate need to be? Depends on what you want to do. Do you want to pay for the entire budget of about $3.5 trillion so we don't have a deficit and no other taxes? We need a 25% tax rate on every dollar you earn.

What about just replacing the revenues currently collected via income taxes? Income taxes were 46% of government revenues https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budget-basics/federal-budget-101/revenues/ which would be $1.6 trillion. To replace that with a flat tax on every dollar of personal income we need a flat tax rate of 11.5% on every dollar you earn. Keeping in mind again that about half of all taxpayers paid zero in federal income taxes.

If you start adding in exemptions (like say the first $20,000 of income to reduce the burden on poor people) you need to make those rates higher.

The Gold Standard
01-19-2015, 08:18 PM
What would our tax rate need to be?

How about 0%. If the government has to let you go as a result, I'm not going to lose any sleep.

Bastiat's The Law
01-19-2015, 08:23 PM
He'll temper it by coming out for the Fair Tax/Flat Tax.

twomp
01-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Without the IRS, how will they pay for his dream of worldwide extermination of the evil towelheads?

LOL! How will Cruz find money to give to Israel without the IRS? I bet he hasn't thought this through. Senator Cruz talks like a used car salesman.

Zippyjuan
01-19-2015, 08:35 PM
Fair tax is a sales tax. If you want to balance the current budget with that (and only that), you need a 30% tax on all goods and services.

If you start exempting things like food, it will have to be higher. And when people then have less money to spend on goods, they will of course buy less which would require an even higher rate to get the same revenues.

pcosmar
01-19-2015, 08:36 PM
Could be, but why is it that not one of our “conservative” media personalities [Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, Schnitt, Mark Levin, Dennis Prager, Bill O'rielly, Mike Gallagher, Doc Thompson, Lee Rodgers, Neal Boortz, Mike Huckabee, Tammy Bruce, Monica Crowley, Herman Cain, etc.] have been willing to discussed on the air the wisdom of our Constitution’s original tax plan, especially when it was designed to control the conduct of Congress and paved the way for America becoming the economic marvel of the world?

Because not of those Fools and professional propagandists NOT are actually conservative.

Neo-Conservative is not conservative.

pcosmar
01-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Fair tax is a sales tax. If you want to balance the current budget with that (and only that), you need a 30% tax on all goods and services.

I suspect the Fair Tax is anything but fair..
And what makes you think I am interested in balancing the current budget? I want to eliminate it.
and screw the deficit too. I never asked for any of that spending.

johnwk
01-19-2015, 10:08 PM
I suspect the Fair Tax is anything but fair..
And what makes you think I am interested in balancing the current budget? I want to eliminate it.
and screw the deficit too. I never asked for any of that spending.

The alleged "fairtax" (H.R. 25) would create two new taxes: a 25% tax on the purchase of labor and another 25 % tax on articles of consumption, and it would keep alive Congress' power to lay and collect taxes calculated from profits, gains and other incomes.

JWK

Are we really to believe the founder of fairtax.org., Leo E. Linbeck Jr. and Herman Cain, both former ringleaders of the federal reserve banking cartel which plunders our national treasury?

H. E. Panqui
01-21-2015, 12:20 AM

(Or his stinking war on drugs..or his new Dept. of Abortion Reduction...etc.ad gd nauseam..i must admit, as bad as Rand Paul is, Bozo Cruz makes Rand look like a genius..

ThePaleoLibertarian
01-21-2015, 03:12 AM

JWK

“Honest money and honest taxation, the Key to America’s future Prosperity“ ___ from “Prosperity Restored by the State Rate Tax Plan”, no longer in print.
They're part of the Cathedral like the rest of the media. It's too simplistic to call them "controlled" opposition, because I do think most of those people are just genuinely ignorant instead of duplicitous. That being said, the left plays the tune and the right dances to it. It's been like that since the creation of the "New Right" in the post-WW2 era. There hasn't been a real right wing for decades, Republicans just play catch up and advocate the positions Democrats did a few decades previous. The libertarian movement is the only hope for the reemergence of a real right wing in America, and we can't under any circumstances drop the ball.

rpfocus
01-21-2015, 11:25 AM
There hasn't been a real right wing for decades, Republicans just play catch up and advocate the positions Democrats did a few decades previous. The libertarian movement is the only hope for the reemergence of a real right wing in America, and we can't under any circumstances drop the ball.

Ah, so there it is. Please fill us in on what the "REAL" right wing is. "We" drop the ball the second "we" let you co-opt the libertarian movement with your racist idiocy. There's a reason you roaches haven't been seen in decades, and I have a can of RAID waiting for your "reemergence."

brushfire
01-21-2015, 11:28 AM
Abolish the IRS? What a kook.

ZENemy
01-21-2015, 11:48 AM
The popular thing is always used to run with, to get elected.

Saying and doing are 2 different things, how many "Read my lips...No new taxes" will you people put up with?

idiom
01-21-2015, 02:03 PM
This is mental. All the IRS does is collect taxes. They don't set taxes.

Who is going to collect the Flat Tax? Is Congress themselves going to go door to door collecting your flat tax?

It shows an underlying inability to think critically or clearly. "If we abolished the people who collect the federal income taxes, then everything would be okay in the world."

Who thinks like that? Perhaps, Cruz means it would be more efficient to have the states collect federal income taxes with local agencies, then send a cheque to Washington?

I doubt that though...

ZENemy
01-21-2015, 02:08 PM
This is mental. All the IRS does is collect taxes. They don't set taxes.

Agreed.

The "politicians" don't actually plan on doing anything, that is never the plan. The plan is ALWAYS to take whatever "hot button" issue is out there at the moment, from there, their job is to claim they will make a change to that hot button issue, get elected and do nothing from there.

So goes it, for 100's of years now, don't matter how many lies they tell or how much money they steal, its "our system" and we will "keep it going"

Fuck them all, I have withdrawn payment from them and it feels great.

Danke
01-21-2015, 02:15 PM
What would a flat tax mean? Since just under half of all people who filed income tax forms last year owed no net taxes to the government...

You have been called on this BS before.

ZENemy
01-21-2015, 02:33 PM

If you start exempting things like food, it will have to be higher. And when people then have less money to spend on goods, they will of course buy less which would require an even higher rate to get the same revenues.

LOL, have you been to America? I have no idea where you get the idea that any of these "leaders" want to balance anything.

ThePaleoLibertarian
01-21-2015, 03:10 PM
Ah, so there it is. Please fill us in on what the "REAL" right wing is. "We" drop the ball the second "we" let you co-opt the libertarian movement with your racist idiocy. There's a reason you roaches haven't been seen in decades, and I have a can of RAID waiting for your "reemergence."
The real right wing is actual opposition to government intervention, corporate domination and a return to traditionalism. You're the one who's obsessed with race, following me around the forum yelling "waaaaaaycis" at the top of your lungs, even when nothing I said had to do with race issues. Good luck with your ideological pogrom, you fucking degenerate, but with the emergence of the alternative right and the neoreaction, you're going to have to deal with a lot more people like me in the coming decades. I'm just the first of many, and the momentum's on our side. Over the coming decades, the empirical reality of race will become impossible to ignore, and PC egalitarian racial creationists like yourself will be left in the cold with your dick in your hand. A great wind is building, and you don't have the intelligence or the strength of will to resist it.

rpfocus
01-21-2015, 03:47 PM
following me around the forum

I responded to one post of yours outside of a single thread and that's "following" you? Search your vagina and you might find testicles that haven't dropped yet, fucktard. The only "great wind" is that which keeps coming out your ass and stinking up the forum.

ThePaleoLibertarian
01-21-2015, 05:59 PM
I responded to one post of yours outside of a single thread and that's "following" you? Search your vagina and you might find testicles that haven't dropped yet, fucktard. The only "great wind" is that which keeps coming out your ass and stinking up the forum.
It's suspect behavior, considering you entered a thread that had nothing to do with race, went right to my post and once again called me a racist. You are utterly incapable of responding to an argument, and one of the most intellectually dishonest people I've ever seen online-and that says a whole lot. Please don't breed, your genetic material spreading would be pure pollution.

Zippyjuan
01-21-2015, 07:24 PM
You have been called on this BS before.

What do you think the rate would be for a flat tax? Or were you referring to the figure of those who owe no income taxes? (We are not talking about other forms of taxation such as Social Security taxes)? http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/05/51-of-americans-pay-no-federal-income-taxes/238329/

Half of American tax payers owe no federal income tax, and most of those filers actually net tax benefits from federal income taxes, according to analysis from the Joint Committee on Taxation in a letter to the Republicans on the Senate Finance Committee.

This is the kind of statistic that is bound to get traction as Osama news subsides, and here are two ways to look at it.

THEY'RE STILL PAYING TAXES (MOST OF THEM, ANYWAY)

The majority of households who pay no income tax still pay net taxes to the IRS. Federal income taxes account for about 40 percent of total government receipts. Most of the rest comes from payroll taxes, which workers of all income levels do pay. Since every dollar up to $106,800 is subject to taxes, a typical middle class family pays payroll taxes on all its income while a millionaire employee pays payroll taxes on only a tenth of his income.

At the same time, there are Americans -- millions of them -- who really do pay practically zero overall taxes. About fifteen million American households, or 10 percent of all taxpayers, receive more cash from the IRS than they contribute in federal income taxes and payroll taxes. That's thanks to "refundable credits," tax credits that can bring your tax bill into negative territory. To some, these 15 million are low-income Americans benefiting from smart and targeted welfare run through the tax code. To others, they are unacceptable free riders, citizens with a vote but no stake in federal government.rnment.

What is the error? Thanks for your input.

otherone
01-21-2015, 08:03 PM
The libertarian movement is the only hope for the reemergence of a real right wing in America, and we can't under any circumstances drop the ball.

The real right wing is actual opposition to government intervention, corporate domination and a return to traditionalism. //with the emergence of the alternative right and the neoreaction, you're going to have to deal with a lot more people like me in the coming decades. I'm just the first of many, and the momentum's on our side.

Are you serious about this? Are fellow paleos coming on board w/ libertarianism? Do you see Patrick Buchanan coming around?

NIU Students for Liberty
01-21-2015, 08:15 PM
Good luck with your ideological pogrom, you fucking degenerate, but with the emergence of the alternative right and the neoreaction, you're going to have to deal with a lot more people like me in the coming decades. I'm just the first of many, and the momentum's on our side. Over the coming decades, the empirical reality of race will become impossible to ignore, and PC egalitarian racial creationists like yourself will be left in the cold with your dick in your hand. A great wind is building, and you don't have the intelligence or the strength of will to resist it.

http://img.pandawhale.com/117262-there-are-dozens-of-us-DOZENS-8xtm.gif

H. E. Panqui
01-22-2015, 06:32 AM
jwk writes: Why is it that not one of our “conservative” media personalities [Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, Schnitt, Mark Levin, Dennis Prager, Bill O'rielly, Mike Gallagher, Doc Thompson, Lee Rodgers, Neal Boortz, Mike Huckabee, Tammy Bruce, Monica Crowley, Herman Cain, etc.] will discuss the wisdom of our Constitution’s original tax plan, especially when it paved the way to not only control Congress, but created the economic underpinning which led to America becoming the economic marvel of the world?

:rolleyes:

(GOOD GRIEF, MAN!! I believe you'll find that the 'major media' microphone$, etc., are e$$entially controlled by international bank$ter$/corporati$t$...WHY WOULD THEY HAND MICROPHONE$ TO ANYONE WHO WOULD FAVOR 'TARIFF TAXATION' OF INTERNATIONAL BANK$TER$/CORPORATI$T$???..or anyone who truly under$tood thi$ mi$erable exi$ting monetary order???...Hint:...i'm fairly sure you don't under$tand either or you wouldn't have asked such a question...

...otherone absolutely nails it with the wizard of oz and you say 'maybe'...?!?

...i sense you still cheerlead, albeit maybe with less enthusiasm, for these stinking gd fool puppet republicans...i feel sorry for you...

johnwk
01-22-2015, 08:25 PM
jwk writes: Why is it that not one of our “conservative” media personalities [Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, Schnitt, Mark Levin, Dennis Prager, Bill O'rielly, Mike Gallagher, Doc Thompson, Lee Rodgers, Neal Boortz, Mike Huckabee, Tammy Bruce, Monica Crowley, Herman Cain, etc.] will discuss the wisdom of our Constitution’s original tax plan, especially when it paved the way to not only control Congress, but created the economic underpinning which led to America becoming the economic marvel of the world?

:rolleyes:

(GOOD GRIEF, MAN!! I believe you'll find that the 'major media' microphone$, etc., are e$$entially controlled by international bank$ter$/corporati$t$...WHY WOULD THEY HAND MICROPHONE$ TO ANYONE WHO WOULD FAVOR 'TARIFF TAXATION' OF INTERNATIONAL BANK$TER$/CORPORATI$T$???..or anyone who truly under$tood thi$ mi$erable exi$ting monetary order???...Hint:...i'm fairly sure you don't under$tand either or you wouldn't have asked such a question...

...otherone absolutely nails it with the wizard of oz and you say 'maybe'...?!?

...i sense you still cheerlead, albeit maybe with less enthusiasm, for these stinking gd fool puppet republicans...i feel sorry for you...

I asked the question to allow others to post what I knew for a very, very long time! Your insulting remark was unwarranted.

JWK

johnwk
01-22-2015, 08:26 PM
See: Jeb Bush’s tax stand could plague possible 2016 presidential run (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/26/jeb-bushs-tax-stand-could-plague-presidential-run/?page=all)

October 26, 2014

” There is something about taxes, spending and the name “Bush” that can set conservatives on edge, especially now that Jeb Bush is talking like a man who might run for president.

The latest example came earlier this month when testimony Mr. Bush gave at a 2012 House Budget Committee hearing suddenly resurfaced in a news story. In those two-year-old comments, Mr. Bush said he could accept a fiscal deal of $1 in tax increases for every $10 in spending cuts that Democrats would agree to — a position that drew sharp criticism from one of the nation’s fiscal hawks.”

Jeb Bush, like Mike Huckabee, seem to have a love affair with raising federal taxes. Let us not forget that Mike Huckabee promoted the “fairtax” (H.R. 25) and never admitted that the “fairtax” would essentially create two new taxes: a 23 percent tax upon articles of consumption, and another 23 percent tax upon the sale of labor, and that the “fairtax” would not withdraw Congress’ power to lay and collect taxes calculated from profits, gains and other lawfully earned incomes.

As of this writing, I have not heard one likely Republican candidate who will actually consider withdrawing Congress’ power to lay and collect taxes calculated from incomes and return to our Constitution’s original tax plan which was specifically designed to control the actions of Congress and encourage a wise and frugal federal government.

JWK

“…..with all these blessings, what more is necessary to make us a happy and a prosperous people? Still one thing more, fellow-citizens—a wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicities“. Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address

DamianTV
01-22-2015, 08:32 PM
In general, we may very well soon get our wish, to abolish the Federal Reserve. Problem is not just the Federal Reserve, but ALL Central Banking and Fractional Reserve Banking practices.

ThePaleoLibertarian
01-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Are you serious about this? Are fellow paleos coming on board w/ libertarianism? Do you see Patrick Buchanan coming around?
Pat Buchanan supported Ron Paul, and Murray Rothbard supported Pat Buchanan (yes I know he became disillusioned toward the end, but still). Pat will probably support Rand too, I think. Despite his shortcomings, there was a chance to create a real right wing with Buchanan in the early 1990s. The ball got dropped, and HW Bush's "kinder and gentler" neoconservatism defined a generation of Republicans. We can't let that happen again. There would be disagreement between libertarian and paleoconservative factions, but we have more in common with one another than either group has with neocons or liberals. There's no reason why there couldn't be a libertarian/paleocon coalition to limit state power in the economy, and a libertarian/progressive coalition to lessen it in the social realm. Paleocons can be protectionist, but they generally still want a much freer market than what we have now. Libertarians have a chance to do what the Buchanan movement failed at doing. We're the only hope the right wing has of becoming remotely relevant with the millenial generation.

ThePaleoLibertarian
01-22-2015, 09:41 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/117262-there-are-dozens-of-us-DOZENS-8xtm.gif
Now that genuinely made me laugh. Not only because it's Arrested, but most rightists have no problem with good natured ribbing from people who disagree as long as it's actually clever. Kudos. That's the opposite of that psychotic loon rpfocus, who has a truly irrational hatred for me, when I still don't know who he is, other than a guy who can't seem to stop raging long enough to make a single cogent argument.

The alt-right and the neoreaction has only existed for a few years, and the amount its grown is really staggering. Unqualified Reservations gets hundreds of thousands of visitors without even having consistent updates, and that's just one guy. Sure, reaction isn't remotely mainstream right now, but neither was the libertarian movement not that long ago. Neoreaction is where libertarianism was in the 1970s-80s, but it won't take anywhere near as long to break through what with the internet making it easy to expose oneself to esoteric and extreme ideas and the people who advocate them. When the children who are very young or being born today come of age, they're going to rebel against their parents' PC cultural Marxist society, and find a whole alternative-right wing contingent that will welcome them with open arms. When that day comes, I'll be middle-aged, and alt-right people of my generation will be like the Beatniks were to the hippies, only we'll all be reactionaries. Truly, it will be glorious.

H. E. Panqui
01-23-2015, 08:58 PM
jwk writes: I asked the question to allow others to post what I knew for a very, very long time! Your insulting remark was unwarranted.

(I'm sorry, but I've read your internet posts for a loooooooooooong time and from what I've seen you've never accurately/intelligently addressed the stinking monetary fraud going on under everyone's nose...you flail at the ('liberal democrat') leave$ of the tree of evil...never striking the root$...if i'm wrong, please direct me to your best writing/thinking on 'money')

johnwk
01-24-2015, 10:13 AM
jwk writes: I asked the question to allow others to post what I knew for a very, very long time! Your insulting remark was unwarranted.

(I'm sorry, but I've read your internet posts for a loooooooooooong time and from what I've seen you've never accurately/intelligently addressed the stinking monetary fraud going on under everyone's nose...you flail at the ('liberal democrat') leave$ of the tree of evil...never striking the root$...if i'm wrong, please direct me to your best writing/thinking on 'money')

Why do you make unsubstantiated assertions instead of simply asking me about honest money and the Federal Reserve System which I have been speaking out against for over 30 years!

Fore example see:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?288638-Rand-Paul-please-tell-Glenn-Beck-the-dollar-is-not-losing-its-value!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?269107-I-need-some-backup-help-discussing-the-Federal-Reserve&p=2987495&viewfull=1#post2987495

Thank you for your apology in advance.

JWK

"Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none have been more effectual than that which deludes them with paper money. This is the most effectual of inventions to fertilize the rich man's field by the sweat of the poor man's brow."_____ Daniel Webster.

johnwk
01-26-2015, 09:00 PM
It is absolutely amazing how our pretended "conservative" Republican members of Congress flap their mouth and tell us we need to close down the IRS and then blame Obama for not proposing to do so!

I have always found two issues which smoke out phony "conservative Republicans". The two issues are, their unwillingness to propose a return to honest money and honest taxation which our founders wrote into our original Constitution.

JWK

H. E. Panqui
02-05-2015, 12:36 PM
Why do you make unsubstantiated assertions instead of simply asking me about honest money and the Federal Reserve System which I have been speaking out against for over 30 years!

Fore example see:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...sing-its-value (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?288638-Rand-Paul-please-tell-Glenn-Beck-the-dollar-is-not-losing-its-value)!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post2987495 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?269107-I-need-some-backup-help-discussing-the-Federal-Reserve&p=2987495&viewfull=1#post2987495)

Thank you for your apology in advance.

JWK

:cool:

(i apologize for any misunderstanding..the threads you linked were 3 and 4 years old..i've seen your stuff mostly on other boards and i'd never seen you "get at" 'the fraudulent nature of 'the money'' ...i'm relatively new here..

also, jwk, i'm always puzzled by this limbaughish/hannityish thinking: johnwk: "It is absolutely amazing how our pretended "conservative" Republican members of Congress flap their mouth and tell us we need to close down the IRS and then blame Obama for not proposing to do so! I have always found two issues which smoke out phony "conservative Republicans". The two issues are, their unwillingness to propose a return to honest money and honest taxation which our founders wrote into our original Constitution."

:confused:

(You seem to indicate there are some 'real'--i sense/assume you mean, 'good'- 'conservative Republicans' and some 'bad' "phony conservative Republicans"...could you please name merely a half dozen of the 'good' 'real' 'conservative Republicans?'... :confused:

johnwk
02-05-2015, 05:29 PM
(You seem to indicate there are some 'real'--i sense/assume you mean, 'good'- 'conservative Republicans' and some 'bad' "phony conservative Republicans"...could you please name merely a half dozen of the 'good' 'real' 'conservative Republicans?'... :confused:

There are pretended "conservatives". A conservative in my mind is one who supports and defends our Constitution, and the documented intentions and beliefs under which it was adopted.

JWK

Those who reject and ignore abiding by the intentions and beliefs under which our Constitution was agree to, as those intentions and beliefs may be documented from historical records, wish to remove the anchor and rudder of our constitutional system so they may then be free to “interpret” the Constitution to mean whatever they wish it to mean.