PDA

View Full Version : Pew Poll: Terrorism is America's top concern for the first time in five years

Lucille
01-16-2015, 05:54 PM
Great.

The Uses of Charlie Hebdo
This isn’t about free speech – it’s about war
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2015/01/15/the-uses-of-charlie-hebdo/

Another "coincidence": the latest Pew poll (http://www.people-press.org/2015/01/15/publics-policy-priorities-reflect-changing-conditions-at-home-and-abroad/) – the favorite of the Washington elites – lists "terrorism" as Americans’ top concern "for the first time in five years," just as the new Congress goes into session – and the presidential election pre-season begins.
[...]
This isn’t about free speech, at least not anymore: it’s about how to respond to an enemy that we created. No, we can’t go back in time and un-create ISIS, we can’t repeal the Iraq war or erase its tragic memory – and we can’t get rid of our own warmongers by simply deporting them to a desert isle where they could only bring harm to themselves. Although it’s not a bad idea, come to think of it.

We are going to have to live with the consequences of our government’s actions for many years to come, as the tides of religious and ethnic hatred batter the walls of our republic and transform it into something the Founders would neither recognize nor dream of. The great American ship of state cannot be turned around in a day, or even within the four-year term given to a President. The demons unleashed in the days and years after 9/11 – who were conjured well before then – will not be easily banished.

Yet it can be done. Those are war clouds on the horizon, but I also see rays of hope. Many are beginning to question our long march to permanent war, and many more will enter the ranks of the Peace Party in the years to come, if only we can learn to fight effectively. Yes, the polls tell us terrorism is on the minds of the American people, but they don’t say how we ought to meet this threat – and the idea that we should keep repeating the same failed policies fits the clinical definition of insanity to a tee.

I wish I shared his optimism.

Suzanimal
01-16-2015, 06:02 PM
Yes, the polls tell us terrorism is on the minds of the American people, but they don’t say how we ought to meet this threat

Unfortunately, the propagandists are already hard at work telling us how we ought to meet this threat.:mad:

Judge Jeanine Pirro on ISIS: "They're Coming For US!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nm8aW7WOsc

CaptainAmerica
01-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Terrorism? I don't give a fuq.

Uriel999
01-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Actually I agree it is a huge concern. These jihadi groups are real, motivated and emboldened...But gee I sure do wonder how and why that happened?

RonPaulIsGreat
01-16-2015, 06:14 PM
A list a 100 long, terrorism doesn't fit on the page.

Kotin
01-16-2015, 06:15 PM
Conveniently just in time for an election.. Fuck.. These people rail about drones and wars in between presidential elections but as soon as the propaganda and false events rail up people drool and cower in fear

PaulConventionWV
01-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Unfortunately, the propagandists are already hard at work telling us how we ought to meet this threat.:mad:

Judge Jeanine Pirro on ISIS: "They're Coming For US!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nm8aW7WOsc

Oh... my... goodness....

She sounds just like a preacher talking about eternal damnation. The way she talks is something I would've thought was a parody if I didn't see it for myself, but she's dead serious. People actually listen to this and say "Yeah, she's right. ISIS is a mortal threat to my existence." Who in the hell buys this shit?

PaulConventionWV
01-16-2015, 06:42 PM
Actually I agree it is a huge concern. These jihadi groups are real, motivated and emboldened...But gee I sure do wonder how and why that happened?

This is odd to me. I tend to think that someone who understands why the jihadis are angry also understands that there is also a reason for the propaganda that constantly embellishes the threat, but apparently you buy into one and not the other. Interesting.

Anti Federalist
01-16-2015, 07:03 PM

Not in my wheelhouse they are not.

I am much more likely to be aired out by cops than by jihadists or criminal gangs.

At least for right now...as more multi-culti, open border, diversity driven, cultural Marxism takes hold, then I can see it becoming a threat at some point in the future as we import a million or so Muslim Somalis or Congolese in the name of "diversity".

DFF
01-16-2015, 07:09 PM
Hey now, ancient Rome and Egypt were both very diverse places....right before they collapsed.

enhanced_deficit
01-16-2015, 07:26 PM
Hmmm, gay marriage, SWccare, inter-racial tensions, police state fears is no loger top issue.

Charlie Hebdo shows why the NSA always wins
http://theweek.com/articles/533502/charlie-hebdo-shows-nsa-always-wins

(http://theweek.com/articles/533502/charlie-hebdo-shows-nsa-always-wins)

VIDEODROME
01-16-2015, 07:30 PM
OMG she's insane

01-16-2015, 07:32 PM

Huge? Hardly.

Lets be realistic here, we are talking about a bunch of yahoos riding around in toyota pickups with AKs.

They aren't coming to get us. They have zero chance of a victory against the contus.

Could they kill thousands here in something like 9/11 or worse? Yes I think they are well funded enough to do that.

But we are a nuclear armed nation of 300 million with the world's most powerful military, they are 100k at best yahoos with trucks rifles and maybe a some stolen tanks and artillery with no air or naval forces.

The unrestrained force of our military could destroy them quickly.

So do 300 million suffer indignity and cower in fear that some wack jobs might kill thousands? I think not.

Uriel999
01-16-2015, 08:42 PM
This is odd to me. I tend to think that someone who understands why the jihadis are angry also understands that there is also a reason for the propaganda that constantly embellishes the threat, but apparently you buy into one and not the other. Interesting.

I'm sorry, but I didn't actually bother to watch said propaganda because I don't actually watch the drivel that comes from the telescreen. Perhaps I miss something relevant, but I do read stuff from a variety of sources online. They are angry for many reasons, our foreign policy is just part of it. They would still want you dead otherwise...but they wouldn't have as much motivation to kill western people if we didn't give good reasons and would instead really just kill the other sectarian groups in their shitholes if we would have not intervened over the last century or so.

Not in my wheelhouse they are not.

I am much more likely to be aired out by cops than by jihadists or criminal gangs.

At least for right now...as more multi-culti, open border, diversity driven, cultural Marxism takes hold, then I can see it becoming a threat at some point in the future as we import a million or so Muslim Somalis or Congolese in the name of "diversity".

That is what I am getting at dude. In the next twenty years you will get to worry about getting killed by gang bangers, pigs and jihadis. Especially with the spread of Islam in prisons across the nation were violent people learn a violent "religion."

Huge? Hardly.

Lets be realistic here, we are talking about a bunch of yahoos riding around in toyota pickups with AKs.

They aren't coming to get us. They have zero chance of a victory against the contus.

Could they kill thousands here in something like 9/11 or worse? Yes I think they are well funded enough to do that.

But we are a nuclear armed nation of 300 million with the world's most powerful military, they are 100k at best yahoos with trucks rifles and maybe a some stolen tanks and artillery with no air or naval forces.

The unrestrained force of our military could destroy them quickly.

So do 300 million suffer indignity and cower in fear that some wack jobs might kill thousands? I think not.

Ummm I am not particularly talking about ISIS. I'm looking at the big picture of Muslims jihading against us. We could take ISIS out fast. It would be fun. Hell I'd reinlist for that shit. But ROE's would be a pain in the ass. I wouldn't worry about ISIS, I'd be more worried about the Muslims we have here deciding they want to get all blowy uppy like and what not.

Never live in fear, just carry a big stick...and then have a bigger stick close by. And of course be well trained.

AngryCanadian
01-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Oh yes lets give up our liberty.:rolleyes:

You know what send them a message when idiots and rich idiots stop flying to beaches.

anaconda
01-17-2015, 12:42 AM
OMG she's insane

She's a laughingstock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w2ZS231BAQ

DamianTV
01-17-2015, 03:55 AM
We ARE the Terrorists!

Well, at least the people in charge of this country that profess to be our Masters and Protectors and keep pissing every single person everywhere on this planet off as much as is possible in order to create a threat in the first place! When they refuse to prosecute the Cops that ended the lives of 1000 people in 2014 alone, what makes anyone think they give a fuck about any brown person in any other country? They WANT to piss everyone off and provoke a response.

Who are the Real Terrorists? The assholes that run this country. Thats who. The Banksters. The Lawyers. The Corporations. And shit rolls downhill to the politicians. The Congress? Pfft. Puppets on strings. They are the shadows cast by the men behind the curtain.

Uriel999
01-17-2015, 11:41 AM
We ARE the Terrorists!

Well, at least the people in charge of this country that profess to be our Masters and Protectors and keep pissing every single person everywhere on this planet off as much as is possible in order to create a threat in the first place! When they refuse to prosecute the Cops that ended the lives of 1000 people in 2014 alone, what makes anyone think they give a fuck about any brown person in any other country? They WANT to piss everyone off and provoke a response.

Who are the Real Terrorists? The assholes that run this country. Thats who. The Banksters. The Lawyers. The Corporations. And shit rolls downhill to the politicians. The Congress? Pfft. Puppets on strings. They are the shadows cast by the men behind the curtain.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DamianTV again."

muh_roads
01-17-2015, 12:44 PM
Wow...LOL "You need to be afraid, they are coming for you!" What amazing propaganda.

Fox News viewers are the biggest pussies I've ever seen. It's sad that they seem to be even bigger pussies than MSNBC viewers.

Dr.3D
01-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Every time I see something that says Pew Poll, I think of church.

muh_roads
01-17-2015, 01:34 PM

I think of a poll with a bunch of poo on it.

DamianTV
01-17-2015, 05:24 PM
Keeping in mind that Polls are exceptionally manipulatable, I'd see this as a good thing as long as people realize that it is our own Powers That Be which are provoking terrorism in the first place.

Polls = Group Psychology

Psychology is the idea that human behavior is predictable. Once it can be predicted, the outcome can be determined. Now add this together with Polls. Polls are a manipulation of statistics to alter perceptions. This would be like saying guys who own Volvos get laid at least 80% more than guys who own Fords. It is a statistic. What isnt recognized about polls is how the outcome of the poll is supposed to manipulate the observer. By stating Terrorism is our Top Concern, they expect you to follow suit.

Double Manipulation. Both in the numbers, and behaviors of the observers of the poll. Another point of evidence as presented by a scientific survey conducted by the Research Group Penn & Teller found that 100% of participants felt that "fuck you Frank Lutz" was the appropriate answer to being asked manipulative poll / survey questions. If the poll was presented by the MSM, you would also be expected to have a negative reaction to the polling methods of Frank Lutz.

Polls are Bait and Switch

The way the MSM handles polls is to Bait and Switch the Polling Questions. It would be as if I asked you if you felt that Water was an essencial Human Right. You'd probably say yes, and possibly offer a supporting or opposing statement. Problem is that no one else sees your supporting or opposing statement. They collect numbers, because after all, that is all you are good for and your (and my) opinions dont really matter anyway. Now when the statistical data is compiled, the Switch happens. The manipulation occurs when the Question itself is completely replaced by something that sounds similar but is not the same. 64% of Americans feel that they should be responsible for providing illegal immigrants with access to clean fresh water. Wait, what? That wasnt the original question at all! You wonder to yourself how could so many people support illegal immigration and requiring us here to provide for them! This is how they get you. The 64% of what ever sample size now represents the "Majority" and you are supposed to be instilled with a tremendous sense of guilt for both turning against the "Wisdom of the Group" and "Being Incensitive to Human Needs of those that Suffer through Illegal Immigration". They are turning you against yourself, quite literally. If you resist, you are supposed to feel guilty, but if you simply go with the flow of the "Majority", although you may not agree internally, you are expected to allow what ever group is supposed to be the Majority act as the ultimate wisdom. This is where Privacy comes into play. When you are able to internalize your response to these types of exceptionally manipulative tactics, the percentage of people that follow the group goes way way down. But to take your very specific polarized opinion and use it as a means by which to publicly shame you with, the percentage of people that accept the Group Think goes way up, to about HALF.

The Universe is not seen for the way that it is. The Universe is seen for the way we see ourselves. This includes all the statistical manipulations as well. Problem with the way we see ourselves is that it again plays heavily on Psychology, and most specifically, Group Psychology. Our brains have to filter out so much information that barely 1% of the information our brains process is actually retained, and that 1% is sketchy at best. Here is some specific fact I want you to remember. Since the fact is given focus and is supposed to be important, it becomes part of the 1% of data that your brain retains. But here is a bunch of info all at once, then ask you to recall something that your brain would most likely consider to be superfluous and discardable, you are going to end up relying on the wisdom of the group, or at least the loudest voice in the group. What color was the guys shirt three commercials ago? You dont remember because you didnt care about what was being sold in the commercial. Someone in a group shouts out it was a long sleeved dark pin-lined shirt, rather professional looking. Since you dont remember exactly, your brain tries to fill in the blanks by any other clues. In this case, that someone gave you the very specific detail you were looking for and what ever they just said is literally the way your brain alters your memory. You remember what they said, even if that information is completely false. Your brain goes through an automatic process of imagining the guy wearing a shirt the way another person described it as, even if that guy three commercials ago was wearing a Hello Kitty shirt instead of a dark pin striped long sleeve shirt. Your brain has a very hard time telling the difference between imagination, projection and actual memorial recall. An image is an image, so what you are told to see is what you truly do see. Our brains were never hard wired to be suspicous or be human lie detectors. It is a learned defense, but if we do not walk around with our defenses up 100% of the time, we are at risk of being lied to. Other side of the coin is that if we do walk around with our defenses up, everyone becomes our enemy. We are all suseptible to statistical manipulations and can all be lied to, and we will believe it. We will turn against ourselves. Hmm, I must have been wrong about that. It lowers our confidence in our own abilities and insteand relies too heavily on what we think is the Group.

Polling is only one of many characteristics of a Weaponized Psychology.

DamianTV
01-17-2015, 05:25 PM

Every time I see the word "Poll", I think of Frank Lutz, the Pollster that "asks the right questions" as presented by Penn & Teller.

"Fuck you! Frank!"

Slave Mentality
01-17-2015, 05:43 PM
Anyone that can't see through the bullshit by now probably never will. I feel like I live in an alternate universe where people gladly give power to those who manipulate them right in front of their own stupid eyes.

charrob
01-17-2015, 05:52 PM
OMG she's insane

Glenn Greenwald's response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uf1cyRg0to&index=12

DamianTV
01-17-2015, 06:39 PM
Anyone that can't see through the bullshit by now probably never will. I feel like I live in an alternate universe where people gladly give power to those who manipulate them right in front of their own stupid eyes.

These people can be awakened, but probably wont be able to do so until we become the Majority and use the same Psychology on the remaining idiots as the MSM used on these very same idiots to begin with. Until then, they probably are not worth the time and effort it takes to awaken even one single person. If you want to just test the waters right now, use Group Psychology and dont represent yourself as an individual, but as an active member of the Majority. And the Majority of people do feel that there is something deeply and terribly wrong in this country. I think it is worth trying just to see what works, not because we should expect to be able to awaken everyone.

Dr.3D
01-17-2015, 07:33 PM
I think of a poll with a bunch of poo on it.
And I was all like, Pew, pew, pew, pew.

Acala
01-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Fear is the ultimate tool for manipulating people. Humans fall for it again, and again, and again. I don't have enough time to type all the "agains" needed to express how often people fall for this. And those who live to manipulate others to satisfy their own greed and powerlust KNOW this like you know how to breath. They preach fear without even thinking about it. Because it works. Every damn time. Even some people on this board, who are among the most intelligent and rational people in the world, fall for it. How much less likely that the average man will see though it. We must learn to be free and happy in a world that runs on fear and violence.

jmdrake
01-18-2015, 08:40 AM
Conveniently just in time for an election.. Fuck.. These people rail about drones and wars in between presidential elections but as soon as the propaganda and false events rail up people drool and cower in fear

Exactly. And this stat is probably the strongest reason for Rand's drop in the standings in the polls. It's sad when you think about it. Rand was 100% right that funding the Syrian opposition would lead to more terrorism. But instead of thinking logically, most Americans think "evil mooselums!" The same sick bastards that advocated are joining with Al Qaeda to fight Assad now are the ones telling us we must pull out all stops to fight ISIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRUeJYFZ94

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpjGhdph9PU

jmdrake
01-18-2015, 08:54 AM
She's a laughingstock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w2ZS231BAQ

LOL. Earth to stupid lady on Fox news. We kind of already did that. That's why we're in this mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9RCFZnWGE0

enhanced_deficit
01-18-2015, 10:47 AM
No worries, AIPAC funded senator's are on top of it already and working hard to speed up Syrian Mujahideen militant's training:

McCain-led delegation of U.S. senators meets Saudi crown prince regarding Syrian rebel training (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?466924-McCain-led-delegation-of-U-S-senators-meets-Saudi-crown-prince-reg-Syrian-rebel-training&)

Uriel999
01-18-2015, 05:43 PM
Stop training these crazy asshats! Perhaps if we didn't train them, fund them, and arm them they wouldn't have the ability to fight us!

Dianne
01-18-2015, 07:44 PM
Barry Soetoro, now known as Barack Housain Obama is my biggest concern. I just pray to God every night, this country can survive another two years of this terrorist, allowing multitudes of unknowns across the border to further his anti american agenda.

Lucille
01-19-2015, 05:16 PM
http://www.theburningplatform.com/2015/01/19/propaganda-fear-mongering-works/

When I see the results of polls like the one below, I realize there is no chance the majority will do anything to reverse the course of our nation in terminal decline. It will take a complete collapse and bloody reset before we have a chance at putting this country back on a sustainable rational course.

How the fuck can Americans actually think terrorism should be Obama and Congress’ top priority? Are Americans really that stupid? WTF do they want Obama and Congress to do? Double the DHS budget? Increase electronic surveillance on our communications? Give local police more military hardware? Ban guns? Repeal the 4th Amendment?

Do the ignorant masses know their actual chances of being killed by a terrorist? To say the chances are astronomically miniscule is an understatement. See for yourself:

You are 35,079 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack
You are 33,842 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack
You are 23,528 times more likely to die from obesity than from a terrorist attack
You are 5,882 times more likely to die from medical error than terrorism.
You are 4,706 times more likely to drink yourself to death than die from terrorism.
You are 1,904 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack.
You are 2,059 times more likely to kill yourself than die at the hand of a terrorist.
You are 452 times more likely to die from risky sexual behavior than terrorism.
You are 353 times more likely to fall to your death doing something idiotic than die in a terrorist attack.
You are 271 times more likely to die from a workplace accident than terrorism.
You are more than 9 times more likely to be killed by a law enforcement officer than by a terrorist.
You are 110 times more likely to die from contaminated food than terrorism.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-terrorism-statistics-every-american-needs-to-hear/5382818

The fact Americans think terrorism is our top priority proves that Edward Bernays was an evil genius. The combination of mass media and propaganda can convince the willfully ignorant and dumbed down populace of anything. Facts are unnecessary when fear and feelings are far more powerful. We are truly doomed.