PDA

View Full Version : Fox Business cancels The Independents, replaces with new Kennedy show

jct74
01-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Fox Business Network Cancels The Independents

by Tina Nguyen | 3:51 pm, January 15th, 2015

The Wrap reports that the Fox Business Network has canceled The Independents and will replace it with an eponymous show for Kennedy.

The Independents was hosted by the former MTV VJ along with sidekicks Kmele Foster and Reason editor-in-chief Matt Welch, last aired on January 9th. The show premiered December 9, 2013, and was promoted as an alternative voice for cable news.

All is not lost for Kennedy, however. She will receive her own show, titled Kennedy, debuting Jan. 26 on the same network. “The show will concentrate on water-cooler topics, including politics, business and culture, and will air Monday-Friday,” TheWrap reports.

Also, as part of the changes, Stossel will move from from airing Thursdays at 9 p.m. to Fridays at 9 p.m. ET.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-business-network-cancels-the-independents/

TaftFan
01-15-2015, 07:29 PM
I didn't like any of the personalities and it was hard to watch.

Matt Collins
01-15-2015, 08:07 PM
I didn't like any of the personalities and it was hard to watch.
The format sucked, but so did the format of Freedomwatch... too rushed, too crammed. I like the pace of Stossel better, except that it's more of a news magazine show because it's weekly. Also Stossel makes a much better pundit/reporter than a host.

Also Kennedy can be over the top obnoxious sometimes when she gets hyper, but the rest of the time I really like her and Welch together.

FoxBiz is trying to figure out what it wants to be when it grows up.