PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul DVD Video Quality

Cimbri
12-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Does anyone have higher quality video captures that we can get out on Bittorrent? I was watching the DVD with a friend that I am trying to get involved and all he could focus on was the lack of production and video quality. Is there any people out there that want to get high quality captures of all upcoming Ron Paul media events. With the VIEW show coming up tomorrow I think it would help the cause if we aim for higher quality promotional videos. We don't want to be handing out videos that look like a high school A/V student made them. Let's make the message of freedom as CLEAR as possible to all those who have yet to be exposed to it.

OptionsTrader
12-03-2007, 06:56 PM
The ron paul dvd #2 is decent quality. It isn't HD perfection, but it is good enough. High def perfection wasn't necessary to convince me or you.

http://ronpauldvd.com/order.rp08

rajibo
12-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I can't believe that as large as this movement has become, and all the youtube videos out there, that there is still not an FTP site or something where all the source footage can be uploaded and downloaded.

At least we have a blimp.

OptionsTrader
12-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I can't believe that as large as this movement has become, and all the youtube videos out there, that there is still not an FTP site or something where all the source footage can be uploaded and downloaded.

If you want one, start one.

rajibo
12-03-2007, 07:05 PM
If you want one, start one.

I knew somebody was going to say that.

OptionsTrader
12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
I knew somebody was going to say that.

If not you, who? If not now, when?
:P

Cimbri
12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Most people are more superficial than you and I. The message of freedom is loud and clear to me even if 50 million people are screaming messages of fear over it. All I am saying is that some people need all the polish the media has trained them to expect. I am not looking down on the effort put forth by the Ron Paul DVD project.

I just want to put the idea out there if it is at all possible to qet some high quality captures of the upcoming media tours such as the VIEW on the torrents. I know bandwith and storage space is limited but we need to consider we are in a battle with the MSM who has trained our people to expect all flash and no substance. The message is clear let's just polish the presentation a little bit more I'm sold but there are many more minds to liberate.

steph3n
12-03-2007, 07:19 PM
I can give 80GB and limited bandwidth for a high quality source, problem is that video is so large and bandwidth used is so much, it is not best handled through someone like me, I don't have masses of low priced cogent bandwidth :) I use only the premium stuff

RonPaulVideoGuy
12-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I have made all of my source video available to Ron Paul supporters to use to make high-quality ads, vids, etc. I have DV video of the June 30th rally in Iowa, the Iowa Straw Poll, the Texas Straw Poll and various meetup group walks, signwaves, etc. Some of my videos are featured in the www.operationnh.com TV ads. My wife was featured in the winning TV ad competition for the YouTube debate. My video collection is approaching 200 GB so it is impractical to upload/download over the Internet. I will make it available if you send me an external hard drive to copy it onto. I can support USB 2.0 or Firewire 400 connections. PM me for more details.

theswedishchef
12-03-2007, 07:36 PM

hmm I have set up a very simple FTP

currently 40Gb of space with a 100/100Gbit line that you can use at your own discression. I will try to publish the username and pass here and see if that works.
If it doesnt I will move the good material to a new one and hand out passes to single people instead.

User: Ron Paul
Pass: grassroots
adress: 130.239.112.226

there are currently 6 folders 5 with DL/UP access without delete access.
and then 1 with full access for short transferes.

please contact me on mikael.sundh@gmail.com if there is an issue regarding this ftp.

Cimbri
12-03-2007, 08:34 PM
It might be hard for me to be home when some of these shows air since I am not around during the day but I will try to capture what I can when I can in high quality .mpg format at least in 640x480 resolution.

911cartoon
12-03-2007, 09:29 PM
I TOTALLY agree with the person who posted this. People don't take youtube videos serious when watching them on TV.. God I want the 29 fps full res original (debate/interview) broadcasts SOOO BAD..

dmspilot00
12-03-2007, 09:36 PM
This is the top thread in the Video & Image forum:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=41292

In that thread this same topic is discussed, the OP decided to create a site:
http://www.ronpaulsource.com

How high quality are you looking for? I have been collecting footage but it is standard, not HD or anything.

tonyr1988
12-03-2007, 10:26 PM
That's awesome - thanks for taking the initiative and doing this.

But, I must ask - is there a reason we're not doing torrents, and using the FTP ask a back up in case the seed count gets low? There's no reason you couldn't just host the tracker on your server instead, or use a public one.

If you have the bandwidth to share, then awesome - there's no reason *not* to use FTP. But if it gets to be too much, it's just a suggestion to keep in mind. (I've set up torrent tracking sites in the past, so I could help if you wanted to make the switch).

terryhamel
12-04-2007, 10:50 AM
If anyone has 720 or 1080 raw footage, please start a torrent. Torrents use the collective bandwidth of those involved with it. Once the initial copy is made (a "seed"), the copies quickly multiply ... like a torrent.

Don't know how to setup the initial copy (seeding) or take part in sharing it? Let's start a discussion. Between myself and countless others, we can make it happen.

Zarxrax
12-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Yep, I've already started this idea over at http://ronpaulsource.com
I'd recommend you maybe create a mirror of my archive rather than a separate archive, that way we can keep it all in 1 place, and it will provide for backup in case something goes wrong with one.

As for torrents, no, they aren't very suited for this type of material. A torrent assumes a large number of people are trying to download the same file. High quality ron paul source footage is not something that many people are going to be after, so speeds will be slow, and even keeping the files seeded are a problem. I keep a list of torrents there on my site as well, and you can see first hand how poor most of them are. Heck, I've been trying to download 1 for a week now, and its 35% complete.

Also, bandwidth isn't a problem for my site so far, and last I checked I was getting speeds of about 500kb/sec down, so this is preferable over torrents at the moment.