PDA

View Full Version : So I worked a gun show yesterday..

krott5333
12-03-2007, 06:33 PM
the table looked great! blue tablecloth, 2x4 sign on the front.. bought some plastic brochure holders at office max, put 4 different slim jims in those (veterans, original reagan, life and liberty, and small business), and then spread out a bunch of the gun owner slim jims in the front.. had some bumper stickers, some "gun owners for ron paul" bumper stickers.. a sign in a plexiglass angled sign-holder about the other republicans' records on guns..

overall, it went well, good response. The show was a bit slow, I think the weather kept people home.. early in the morning some guy flipped out "im not coming back if theres going to be political stuff here".... but then showed his true colors.. "we've got men and women overseas and that guy wants to bring them home!" (as though it was a bad thing)

but the promoters were nice, they understood people have different opinions..

and I stayed late and helped put all the chairs away.. partly because I'm just a nice guy, and partly because I want the organizers to think "hey those Ron Paul guys are pretty good!"

sluggo
12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
It's good that the promoters were understanding. The only gun show around here forbids Ron Paul supporters.

fletcher
12-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Great job. Helping afterwards is awesome. Have any pictures?

krott5333
12-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Great job. Helping afterwards is awesome. Have any pictures?

no.. i remember reading something somewhere about no cameras or videocameras allowed.. it mightve been for a different show, but i wasnt sure, so i didnt bother