PDA

View Full Version : I converted a Guilianni supporter

emilysdad
12-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Sorta.

Several weeks back I was sitting in Fantastic Sams waiting to get a haircut. I am watching this old tricked out 50's pickup truck trying to back into a space infront of the shop and jumping the curb. Out of the truck comes a man and a woman. Both in their late 40's I guess, but could pass for 70's. The woman has gray hair down the middle of her back, the dude's hair is gray and longer than her's with a beard to match. After about 5 minutes of dressing down and combing the locks, the dude pulls out a cardboard sign thats reads, "homeless, will work for food." Initially, I chuckled, but then getting my haircut, I become more ticked off. I knew these two were heading over to the highway ramp to solicit.

After my haircut, I decided I would find them. There they were on the highway off ramp. I jumped on the highway, got off, turned around and headed back to the exit. When I got to the stop sign, I handed the guy 2 bucks and then with a sarcastic tone, said, "I really like your truck, here put this on it." The guy looked stunned and took my Ron Paul bumper sticker.

About a week later I was returning from home depot and the guy was back on the off ramp collecting beer money. Sum bitch put the bumper sticker on his carboard sign. Traffic was moving, so I didn't have an opportunity to talk to him. My first reaction was "cool", but my second reaction was, "wtf" did I do.

That night at our local Farmers Market I got a Rudy sticker from the GOP booth. A couple days later I actually parked my car and walked over to the panhandler. I told him after doing some research I decided to support Rudy Guilianni. I gave the guy 5 bucks and he put the Rudy sticker over the Paul sticker in front of me. I really don't know why, but it made me feel better.

So, I guess maybe 10 days has gone by, and I saw the guy again yesterday at the off ramp. He has another Ron Paul bumper sticker on his cardboard sign. He saw me several cars away and started craking up. When I got to him, he said, "sorry man, I like the Paul cat better."

I guess Ron Paul does appeal to all walks of life.

Nate K
12-03-2007, 06:27 PM
lmao

Dorfsmith
12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Funniest story I've read in a long time :D:D:D:D:D

bbachtung
12-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Awesome.

Adamsa
12-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Ha, sounds halarious.

krott5333
12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Hahahhahahahaha

angrydragon
12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Was he a Rudy supporter before the Ron Paul sticker?

transistor
12-03-2007, 06:39 PM
he probably like the ron paul sticker because he gets more donations with it :D

OferNave
12-03-2007, 06:40 PM
That's a great story, for some reasons.

Man, truth really is stranger than fiction.

ctb619
12-03-2007, 06:41 PM
he probably like the ron paul sticker because he gets more donations with it :D

no doubt about it