PDA

View Full Version : Obama Declares War On "Extremism" – Are You An "Extremist"?

DamianTV
01-13-2015, 08:49 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-13/obama-declares-war-extremism-%E2%80%93-are-you-extremist

Do you know what an “extremist” is? In the wake of the horrible terror attacks on the offices of Charlie Hebdo in France, Barack Obama is speaking very boldly about the need to win the war against “extremists”, and he has announced plans to host a major global summit on “extremism” next month. And on the surface that sounds great. But precisely how are we supposed to determine whether someone is an “extremist” or not? What criteria should we use?

As you will see below, your definition of an “extremist” may be far, far different from the definition that Barack Obama is using. When you do a Google search, you will find that an “extremist” is defined as “a person who holds extreme or fanatical political or religious views, especially one who resorts to or advocates extreme action.” According to Wikipedia, “extremism” is “an ideology (particularly in politics or religion), considered to be far outside the mainstream attitudes of a society or to violate common moral standards. Extremism can take many forms, including political, religious and economic.” Please notice that neither of those definitions uses the word violence. In this day and age, you can be considered an “extremist” simply based on what you believe, and as you will see later in this article there are now tens of millions of Americans that are considered to be “extremists” and “potential terrorists” according to official U.S. government documents.

When you use the word “extremist”, you may have in your mind a picture of ISIS fighters or the terrorists from the Charlie Hebdo massacre.

(Continues on Link)

Remember the Power of Labels. Obamacare is just as much a Label as Extremist. The ones that hold the power are the ones that Brand the Labels.

Christian Liberty
01-13-2015, 09:04 PM
I am a moderate. I don't think anyone should use aggressive violence against anyone else. Those who think otherwise SUPPORT dangerous extremism.

enhanced_deficit
01-13-2015, 09:05 PM
So many extremists in the world and a new crop is growing thanks in part to GOP insults to Obama that probably drives him to drone more brown children.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8517/8422045182_33a1cc3bd3_z.jpg
http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/articles/news_and_politics/frame_game/2013/02/130208_FG_BrennanDrones.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg
http://www.a-w-i-p.com/media/blogs/articles/1/1/A/US_obama-and-drone-victims_80.jpg?mtime=1361543721

Related

A Tribute to moderate dronegansta
Extremist Rabbi Creates Special Prayer to Be Recited by Those Who See ‘King in Our Time’ Obama (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?466716-Leading-rabbi-justifies-terrorist-attack-on-Jerusalem-bilingual-school&p=5755304&viewfull=1#post5755304)

HOLLYWOOD
01-13-2015, 09:33 PM
NDAA, CISPA, SOPA, NAFTA/CAFTA/TPP... declare anything an enemy of the state for whatever they desire, on anyone below the elite/banksta class. Government Turnkey Tyranny always looks for the differences in people, because all they want for themselves and owners, are obedient drones. Freedom of expression is like the air we breathe, we don't feel it, until people take it away from us.

George Carlin on queue once again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1RuEZTf5LM

Zippyjuan
01-13-2015, 11:18 PM
New Reality TV Show: "Extremist Makeover". How to turn into a moderate in an hour or less.

DamianTV
01-13-2015, 11:19 PM
NDAA, CISPA, SOPA, NAFTA/CAFTA/TPP... declare anything an enemy of the state for whatever they desire, on anyone below the elite/banksta class. Government Turnkey Tyranny always looks for the differences in people, because all they want for themselves and owners, are obedient drones.

When someone is sitting on something you want (Oil), just find a reason to make them your enemy. But to maintain this level of power, cant have any domestic uprisings, therefore if you do not support the legalized theft of the status quo, on either side, that defines a "Terrorist".

Occam's Banana
01-13-2015, 11:36 PM
I am a moderate. I don't think anyone should use aggressive violence against anyone else.

Doesn't matter. You are still an "extremist" - violence has nothing to do with it. As pointed out in the OP article:

According to Wikipedia, [... "]Extremism can take many forms, including political, religious and economic." Please notice that neither of those definitions [of "extremism"] uses the word violence. In this day and age, you can be considered an “extremist” simply based on what you believe [...]

I am unapologetically and without any doubt whatsoever a political and economic "extremist."

Hell, I am so "extreme" that I dare say I am even "quixotic" ... ;)

DamianTV
01-14-2015, 12:12 AM
I'll try to translate their definition as best as I can. "You are either with the Status Quo, or you are a Terrorist."

Terrorist = Extremist

Express reasonable doubts about our Legal System? Terrorist
Think the Federal Reserve Bank is a big source of our problems? Terrorist
Dont trust the Medical Industry, even reasonable doubt? Terrorist
Support Ron Paul? Terrorist
Constitution? Terrorist
Accountability of Authority? Terrorist
Leave people alone? Isolationist, thus Terrorist
Unemployed? Terrorist
Whistle Blower? Terrorist
Oppositional Defiance Distorder, even if it is another made up label? Terrorist
Gay? Terrorist
Christian? Terrorist
Muslim? Terrorist
Atheist? Terrorist
Witch? Terrorist
Political Moderate? Terrorist
Private Property? Terrorist
Homeschooler? Terrorist
Real Terrorist? Hero

This is no longer a country that allows people to exist according to their self determination. The only thing that is important are the Labels branded into your flesh by those who manufacture the public opinion. Pretty much every single definition of those who are not in power can now be defined as Terrorist. If you are not a part of the 0.0000001%, then you are a Terrorist. A once peace loving amicable cooperative people has been effectively silenced because the only opinions that matter are the ones you are told to have.

The Human Race has been Enslaved.

What bothers me the most is that most of our Enslavement is no longer done with physical metal chains. And as such, we believe that Slavery has ended. There are none who are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. I think this sentiment perfectly describes a large portion of the people today. Oh, dont forget, if anything ever goes wrong, anywhere, it is YOUR fault.

tod evans
01-14-2015, 02:14 AM
War on us.

enhanced_deficit
01-14-2015, 08:41 AM
NDAA, CISPA, SOPA, NAFTA/CAFTA/TPP... declare anything an enemy of the state for whatever they desire, on anyone below the elite/banksta class. Government Turnkey Tyranny always looks for the differences in people, because all they want for themselves and owners, are obedient drones. Freedom of expression is like the air we breathe, we don't feel it, until people take it away from us.

This is classic.

Ronin Truth
01-14-2015, 10:25 AM
Does that mean that Obama's wild-eyed fanatical extremist supporters are in big trouble too?

THX 1138
01-14-2015, 02:01 PM
Our immigration and foreign policies are a bit extreme. I wonder if Obama will declare war on them.

Koz
01-14-2015, 07:08 PM
Holy shit, this entire interwebz page is full of extremists.

01-14-2015, 09:11 PM
Oh yeah. I'm sure I am on a watchlist. So are all of you.

CaptainAmerica
01-14-2015, 09:16 PM
http://patterico.com/files/2013/03/Screen-Shot-2013-03-09-at-11.47.28-AM.png

axiomata
01-14-2015, 09:20 PM
I am a moderate. I don't think anyone should use aggressive violence against anyone else. Those who think otherwise SUPPORT dangerous extremism.

You would think you're a moderate but really,

"If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government ...to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist."

— Joseph Sobran

muh_roads
01-14-2015, 09:22 PM
Oh yeah. I'm sure I am on a watchlist. So are all of you.

Good. The NSA can suck a dick.

Christian Liberty
01-14-2015, 09:55 PM
You would think you're a moderate but really,

"If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government ...to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist."

— Joseph Sobran

I usually tease myself about being an extremist, but what I was trying to do in that last post is possibly consider a way we could make ourselves out to look like the moderates and our enemies the extremists.

DamianTV
01-16-2015, 06:57 AM
I usually tease myself about being an extremist, but what I was trying to do in that last post is possibly consider a way we could make ourselves out to look like the moderates and our enemies the extremists.

No illusions here, we are the moderates and they are the extremists.