PDA

View Full Version : ISIS Saber rattles - USSA goes FULL RETARD NAZI!!!!

tangent4ronpaul
01-11-2015, 09:08 PM
ISIS repeats a threat; NYPD, other law enforcement on high alert
http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/11/us/nypd-law-enforcement-isis-threat/

(CNN)New York City Police Department officials and other law enforcement personnel across the United States were alerted to a new threat from ISIS after the terror group released a video message Saturday calling for its followers to "rise up."

An ISIS spokesman, Abu Mohammed al Adnani, is seen saying that followers should "rise up and kill intelligence officers, police officers, soldiers, and civilians," specifically naming the United States, France, Australia and Canada as targets, according to a memo that CNN obtained.

It's not the first time ISIS has made such a threat.

NYPD employees were told to "remain alert and consider tactics at all times while on patrol," especially in light of the attacks in France last week, in an internal memo.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security issued a similar bulletin to law enforcement across the country. That bulletin and the NYPD memo makes it clear that this new message is consistent with previous threats that ISIS and others, including al Qaeda, have issued.

NYPD deputy-commissioner for counterterrorism, John Miller, tempered fears of a new threat to officials in New York City.

"I don't think that we are under any more threat... or any less threat than we were the day before," he said on CBS' "Face the Nation."

Miller said that the department is on a "heightened security posture on a normal day compared to almost any other police department."

More than 1,000 police officers and civilian analysts are assigned to a counterterrorism mission every day and officers have studied the recent attacks in France, he said.

France was hit with three days of terror after three suspects killed 17 civilians in multiple attacks last week.

"ISIS appears to be renewing or recycling previous threats made in an audio tape released by ISIS spokesman Abu Mohammed al Adnani in September which called for attacks by supporters on France and other Western countries in retaliation for air strikes in Syria and Iraq," said CNN terrorism analyst Paul Cruickshank.

"They are hoping that the attacks in Paris by a group which included a self-professed ISIS follower will inspire other attacks in the West," Cruickshank added.

Miller did say, however, that the new video release shows ISIS is "using the momentum from the Paris attacks in part of their messaging strategy to see: 'who can we get to follow this?'"

"Adnani's fatwa calling for lone-wolf attacks back in September was a game-changer," Cruickshank said. "Since then, we've seen ISIS-inspired attacks in all the Western countries he specifically mentioned: Canada, the United States, Australia and France. In October we also saw United Kingdom police break up a plot to target soldiers and police by extremists who British authorities say were deeply influenced by Adnani's fatwa," Cruickshank added.

The spree began in Paris, France, on Wednesday at the offices of Charlie Hebdo, a satirical magazine, after two brothers stormed the building, killing 12 and later escaping.

Early Thursday, a female police officer was killed after a suspect dressed in all black and wearing bulletproof vests shot her in a Paris suburb.

Two hostage situations unfolded Friday between law enforcement and the two sets of suspects. The first scene ended with the two brothers suspected of the magazine murders killed by security forces, said Bernard Corneille, the mayor of Othis, France.

At the same time, authorities moved into a kosher store where hostages were being held by the alleged cop-killer. While 15 hostages escaped, four were killed, as well as the suspect.

MOAR TERRORISM THEATER! ISIS IS HIDING RIGHT UNDER YOUR BED AN THEY IS GONNA GIT YA!!!

:rolleyes:

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-11-2015, 09:31 PM
In NYC they are making ppl on the street show their hands and searching anything they are carrying.

Yeah - EVERYBODY is getting this treatment. The whole country just turned into a TSA checkpoint.

Like this is going to stop anything...

-t

01-11-2015, 10:29 PM
IS has significant funding and manpower. If they want to attack a city in the US they probably will be able to and no amount of "security" will be able to stop them.

Should have let them be, not kicked their hornet nest.

idiom
01-11-2015, 11:01 PM
This is good. There more searches the better.

At some point the populace is going to get really fed up. Then a small flash-point, like a cop mowing down some children in the street will set off a good and proper firestorm of retribution.

or

Americans will cave and cower for 80 years of terror.

Who knows.

moostraks
01-12-2015, 06:33 AM

At some point the populace is going to get really fed up. Then a small flash-point, like a cop mowing down some children in the street will set off a good and proper firestorm of retribution.

or

Who knows.

IMO seems more like frog in a pot syndrome occurring. Each offense by government is more egregious than the last to a lover of liberty and one with self respect. Only the conspiracy theorists who have something to hide complain. Clearly, the ct need to be fully investigated and sent to retraining camps. This is where social services comes in and swoops up the children. The mental health system is corrupted (through government contracts and funding) and will manipulate data on targeted individuals. The critical thinker is being weeded out and silenced. These types of displays of authoritarianism seem to be testing the water to gauge the level of compliance.

AngryCanadian
01-12-2015, 07:33 AM
Create one little white lie and they will dig into it.

RJB
01-12-2015, 07:58 AM
I never thought Americans would go for Driver's license/DUI checkpoints, TSA airport anal probes, red light cameras... When I was a kid around 1984, when that book became popular again, everyone was saying those things would NEVER happen.

"A revolt against Tyranny? Cool, what channel can I see it?"
http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/couch-to-5k-1.jpg

ghengis86
01-12-2015, 08:16 AM
IS has significant funding and manpower. If they want to attack a city in the US they probably will be able to and no amount of "security" will be able to stop them.

Should have let them be, not kicked their hornet nest.

IS/ISIS/ISIL/CIA was a US creation.

jonhowe
01-12-2015, 10:09 AM
In NYC they are making ppl on the street show their hands and searching anything they are carrying.

Yeah - EVERYBODY is getting this treatment. The whole country just turned into a TSA checkpoint.

Like this is going to stop anything...

-t

I was out and about all weekend with a bulky backpack and didn't encounter anything like this. From Times Square to the new Barclay's center; I was all over, on and off the subway many times. Not sure where you're getting this information.

limequat
01-12-2015, 11:30 AM

THus the significant manpower and funding comment :P

01-12-2015, 11:51 AM

How do I know you aren't a US government creation?

IS is exactly what they claim to be and have so far done exactly what they claimed to want to do. If Obama didn't bomb them, they would be working on their goal of establishing a caliphate in the middle east, not planning to attack NYC. Obama is an idiot.

jmdrake
01-12-2015, 12:38 PM

or

Who knows.

I sadly suspect door # 2. The collective consciousness has developed various distinct immune responses to terror threats.

1) The "creeping encroachment on our civil liberties is okay because we need security response." I've seen this attitude here at RPF. "Who cares if they see my naked body at the airport? It's optional if you fly anyway." These people never thought this through to the next steps. "If it's okay to naked body scan or grope me to protect an airplane from being bombed, then what happens when terrorists start carrying bombs up their butts into shopping malls?"

2) The "It was possibly/probably a false flag" response. We see that here at RPF as well. If the attack was a false flag (like the 1993 WTC bombing clearly was) then it makes no sense to go along with further restrictions of civil liberties to fight terrorism.

3) The "It's the Muslims/Gun Nuts/Tea Partiers/Illegal immigrants that are the problem" response. We see "it's the Muslims and/or illegal immigrants" response at RPF and to a much greater extent at Redstate. You see the "gun nuts/tea partiers" response at sites like DailyKos and ThinkProgress. That response is for people who are ready and willing to deny civil liberties to "the other guy." It's interesting that nobody on the right called for racial or cultural profiling after the Oklahoma City bombing.

4) The "Terrorism is real but it results from our misguided domestic and foreign policy" response. That's Ron Paul's "blowback" response. While that's likely the most popular response here at RPF, it has come under fire, even here, with people unwilling to consider that maybe, just maybe, French and/or American foreign policy contributed to Charlie Hebdo. And, of course, pointing out that France doesn't really have free speech and that you can be criminally prosecuted for insulting certain groups, but not others, is still apparently the "third rail" of political discourse that some people don't want you touching.

So in conclusion, I don't expect the American people to "rise up" against increased groping any more than they "rose up" against high gas prices. We've become so acclimatised that now $1.89 seems like "cheap gas" and now the ability to have your privacy violated and get a "trusted traveler" pass at the airport seems like this wonderful bargain. Sadly I know someone who joined and now raves about the trusted traveler program who was once grouped at LAX for daring to ask "Why do we have to take our shoes off", got a letter from Homeland inSecurity for leaving an airport rather than submitting to a naked body scan or a pat down, and that I helped drive from Nashville TN to Denver Colorado to a conference rather than submitting to Homeland institutionalStupidity. Alas it's easy to take a stand for a short period of time. It's far more difficult to devote your entire life to it.

jmdrake
01-12-2015, 12:39 PM
How do I know you aren't a US government creation?

IS is exactly what they claim to be and have so far done exactly what they claimed to want to do. If Obama didn't bomb them, they would be working on their goal of establishing a caliphate in the middle east, not planning to attack NYC. Obama is an idiot.

If Obama didn't bomb Libya and destabilize Syria and if Bush didn't overthrow Saddam, ISIS/IS/ISIL would not even exist.

Edit: And I forgot to mention Jimmy Carter starting it all by his illegal funding of islamists in Afghanistan prior to the Soviet Invasion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9RCFZnWGE0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRUeJYFZ94