PDA

View Full Version : NYPD cops 'banned from vacation time, sick days and even lunch breaks...

donnay
01-11-2015, 05:13 PM
NYPD cops 'banned from vacation time, sick days and even lunch breaks unless they stop slowdown and issue more tickets'

By Mail Online Reporter

NYPD cops are being threatened with no vacation days or sick time unless they stop their slowdown and issue more tickets.

One precinct has even been told that time off is not permitted until police up their arrests and summonses, reports the New York Post.

'Everyone here is under orders — no time off' during the summons catch-up blitz, said one cop at the 105th Precinct in Queens.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/11/2497947F00000578-2905470-image-a-1_1420991141518.jpg
A memo posted on the wall at a station house in Queens, informs officers that new vacation days will not be approved beyond already approved vacation days and that a doctor's note will be needed for sick days

And the majority of [new] summonses written aren't protecting the public in any way.

'But now they're realizing how much revenue the city is losing and they're enforcing their will upon us,' he said.

The officer told the newspaper that they were informed they could not return to the precinct or even take a meal break until two summonses were logged.

Continued... (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2905470/NYPD-cops-told-no-vacation-time-sick-days-unless-stop-slowdown-issue-tickets.html)

squarepusher
01-11-2015, 05:41 PM
what do CO and XO mean in this context?

Bascially we get higher up the chain into the real evil people pulling the strings behind this police brutality.

tod evans
01-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Gosh ya' think they'll quit? :rolleyes:

donnay
01-11-2015, 05:45 PM

Bascially we get higher up the chain into the real evil people pulling the strings behind this police brutality.

Pretty sure CO = Commanding Officer and XO = Executive Officer

tod evans
01-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Pretty sure CO = Commanding Officer and XO = Executive Officer

That's what the abbreviations mean in the Navy...

Working Poor
01-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Maybe they will go broke.

kcchiefs6465
01-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Trust and believe they get lunch breaks.

It's hard to take an article on face value when they offer something like that.

The PBA, FOP, etc. would quite possibly bankrupt the municipality if it ever were the case that officers were not given (probably paid) lunch breaks.

ETA: Upon reading the article it states that they weren't able to take a lunch until two summonses were issued. That's probably true.

Let's wait for one of these half-wits to wake up, not issue any summons, not take a lunch, and file a multi-million dollar suit against the city claiming that he was forbidden to take a lunch.

donnay
01-11-2015, 06:08 PM
That's what the abbreviations mean in the Navy...

That's what I figured, since they are Militarize Police.

idiom
01-12-2015, 01:51 AM
Let's wait for one of these half-wits to wake up, not issue any summons, not take a lunch, and file a multi-million dollar suit against the city claiming that he was forbidden to take a lunch.

The beauty.

Weston White
01-12-2015, 02:45 AM
If they attempt to enforce that would it not violate a large portion of their MOU? Also to note most beat police units normally do not have allotted time for lunches within their schedule, they work for example 10-hour shifts (as opposed to 10-1/2 hour shifts with 30-minutes allotted to lunchtimes) and may only take a lunch time permitting, being expected to drop their lunch for any emergency calls that happen to come out during that time (so in effect they are getting paid to eat their lunch).

oyarde
01-12-2015, 04:48 AM

Commanding Officer and Executive Officer .

twomp
01-12-2015, 04:58 AM
I'm soooo confused. I don't know who's side I should take on this. Is it one of those Obama vs. Dick Cheney fights where I hope for a double KO?

Muwahid
01-12-2015, 05:12 AM
It really illustrates how cities rely on victimless "crimes" for their budgets. It's extortion plain and simple.

nobody's_hero
01-12-2015, 07:09 AM
Good, maybe a few (but I doubt all) cops will realize they aren't anything but expendable mob henchmen collecting protection money for the elite.

nobody's_hero
01-12-2015, 07:14 AM
It really illustrates how cities rely on victimless "crimes" for their budgets. It's extortion plain and simple.

Indeed, it shows how funding is dependent upon illegal activities to thrive. If you're following the law, you aren't making the government any money from fines. The next step is to make more things illegal in order to rake in more fines.

Bottom line:

Government does not want you to follow the law. It needs revenue generated from people breaking the law.

Irony:

Government exists to maintain order (so they say).

specsaregood
01-12-2015, 07:45 AM
The real win here would be if despite the drop in tickets for victimless crimes, stats showed a drop in violent crime or increased arrest/conviction rate for violent crimes.

otherone
01-12-2015, 07:49 AM
I'm soooo confused. I don't know who's side I should take on this. Is it one of those Obama vs. Dick Cheney fights where I hope for a double KO?

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608020984162420265&pid=15.1&P=0

It's like watching the MSM trying to be pro-cop and pro-black at the same time.

Cleaner44
01-12-2015, 08:56 AM
If it isn't clear now to the people of NY, their heroes are actually low level revenue collectors for the state. It isn't about protecting or serving the people of NY. The NYPD is there to shake down money for the machine.

pcosmar
01-12-2015, 09:20 AM

Military terminology. Ranking Officers.

Valli6
01-12-2015, 10:13 AM
excerpts:

Slowdown has cost city over $46M in lost revenue
January 12, 2015
Feuding between cops and City Hall has already cost the city more than $46 million in lost parking-ticket revenue — staggering losses that could take a bite out of critical programs and services, critics charged Sunday.

“It’s not a natural disaster — this is man made,” said Glen Bolofsky, president of Parkingticket.com, a ticket-fighting service which crunched the numbers.

Because ticket revenue is accounted for in the city’s budget — $518 million a year, according to a November 2014 Office of Management and Budget report — the spectrum of a budgetary shortfall has become real.

“There obviously are some financial ramifications,” said Councilman Brad Lander (D-Brooklyn).

The drain amounts to more dough than the city lost in ticket revenue to Superstorm Sandy — because the feds eventually reimbursed those millions. :eek: :mad:

“The city depends on it a lot,” noted a City Council source, who added that rosy property-tax and payroll-tax projections might have to make up for the missing ticket revenue.

Sandy’s ravages led to an unintentional 90-day slowdown, costing the city $189 million in lost parking-ticket revenue, the Parkingticket.com review said...
“Making threats and moving the department back towards the quotas that initially created the ill will with the community will only make morale among police and the relationship with the community even worse,” said Police Benevolence Association President Pat Lynch.

Ed Mullins, the Sergeant’s Benevolent Association president said the real issues are quotas and “dividing the community and police.”

“As a result of these quota policies, I am exploring a toll-free number for members of the public and the NYPD to voice their concerns regarding the abuse of quotas,” he said.

The mayor’s office said New Yorkers wouldn’t notice a dip in needed services.

“The administration will continue to ensure that investments in key services and priorities like education and health care will be maintained,” said de Blasio spokesman Phil Walzak, who added that City Hall is “encouraged that the NYPD expects arrests and summonses to return to normal levels.”

http://nypost.com/2015/01/12/slowdown-has-cost-city-over-46m-in-lost-revenue/

donnay
01-12-2015, 11:33 AM
^^^ What a racket.

jbauer
01-12-2015, 02:10 PM
Hopefully this goes on long enough that we can get some statistics on whether this had a positive or negative effect on violent crime.

Lucille
01-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Mass Armed Robbery By The NYPD **ADMITTED**
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=229728

If I stick a gun in your face and say "Hand over $243", what is that?

The premise of so-called "law enforcement" is that the "low-level" offenses enforced (e.g. an open container of beer, etc) are about enhancing public safety. That is, the way this is sold to you is that enforcing these laws increases public order and, as part and parcel of that, deters crime.

Ok, fine.

If that's true.

What happens when the police admit in public that it is about no such thing -- that is simply about taking money?

“Everyone here is under orders — no time off” during the summons catch-up blitz, said one cop at the 105th Precinct in Queens.

“And the majority of [new] summonses written aren’t protecting the public in any way.

“But now they’re realizing how much revenue the city is losing and they’re enforcing their will upon us,” he said.

And there you have it -- a rank admission, by officers themselves, that these summonses have nothing to do with protecting the public -- which means they are in fact armed robbery.

That's a felony in New York (and everywhere else) punishable by hard prison time.

Crime Historians and Stick-Up Men (and Women)
http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/crime-historians-and-stick-up-men-and-women/

I speak of course of the fundamental function of the government police. They rarely, if ever, prevent a crime, contrary to all those phony-baloney cop shows on TV. What they do is show up after the crime has occurred, take down a report, and then use the report to document that crime is out of control but would not be if only we had more and better-paid cops. They are essentially crime historians. As Ron Paul once said, the reason you are safe in your home is not because the cops are riding around town but because of the Second Amendment.

The second function of the police is to collect taxes from us for parking too long while shopping, not wearing seat belts, etc. Every cop understands that he is a revenue-gathering machine, and that that revenue is necessary to pay his salary and perks.

Christian Liberty
01-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Gosh ya' think they'll quit? :rolleyes:

I'm upset.

Not because I care about the poor cops, but because the city is trying to move cops in the direction of harassing more innocents.

Cops were actually (at least in part) doing the right thing, and the city punished them for it.

I despise the NYPD to a great extent, but I'm definitely siding with the cops on this one, because that means siding with the innocent civilians they will harass otherwise.

And yes, I feel dirty for typing the words "I'm definitely siding with the cops." I won't do that again for awhile;)

Trust and believe they get lunch breaks.

It's hard to take an article on face value when they offer something like that.

The PBA, FOP, etc. would quite possibly bankrupt the municipality if it ever were the case that officers were not given (probably paid) lunch breaks.

ETA: Upon reading the article it states that they weren't able to take a lunch until two summonses were issued. That's probably true.

I'd do that. But, I don't think there's a single guy in the NYPD who's as smart as I am.

Yep.

If it isn't clear now to the people of NY, their heroes are actually low level revenue collectors for the state. It isn't about protecting or serving the people of NY. The NYPD is there to shake down money for the machine.

Indeed.

Hopefully this goes on long enough that we can get some statistics on whether this had a positive or negative effect on violent crime.

Indeed.

morfeeis
01-12-2015, 05:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XGAmPRxV48
That about sums it up.

Lucille
01-13-2015, 01:39 PM
I guess their little TT is over.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/in-case-you-were-worried-5/

The swarms of officers in the NYPD are returning to their normal level of harassing the people and eating out their substance.