PDA

View Full Version : crowd funded reward for info leading to the arrest or termination of specific abusive officers

morfeeis
01-11-2015, 03:28 PM
STOCKTON — Citizens in Stockton, California have taken a new approach to activism.Rather than sticking to the traditional form of protest in which signs are held and slogans are chanted, these citizens have taken direct action and offered a grassroots, crowd-funded incentive structure to end police brutality in their community.
They have offered a $2,500 reward to anybody who submits information leading to the arrest or termination of cops who brutalize or kill people.
They were able to let people know about the offer by printing all the details on flyers and spreading them throughout their community.
The flyer specifically names 15 cops as a start, and includes pictures of at least 10 cops who have been involved in either the brutalization or killing of Americans.

http://filmingcops.com/police-furious-after-citizens-engage-in-a-new-form-of-crowd-funded-direct-action-against-police-state/

Now that is power in the hands of the people. Money talks and bullshit walks....

JK/SEA
01-11-2015, 03:43 PM
in other news, a new law was passed making it a felony to offer rewards for info on alleged bad police ossifurs...

Working Poor
01-11-2015, 05:28 PM
in other news, a new law was passed making it a felony to offer rewards for info on alleged bad police ossifurs...
Oh don't be a wet blanket it's a good idea I hope it works.

fisharmor
01-11-2015, 05:49 PM
There are already retaliation laws in a lot of states. I think it's onlya matter of time before they are rounded up and shot (of course not necessarily in that order).

kcchiefs6465
01-11-2015, 05:51 PM
Good.

Their pictures should be everywhere.

acptulsa
01-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Just because I'm not a voluntaryist doesn't mean I don't heartily approve of volunteers publicly outperforming government.

phill4paul
01-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Wet blanket here....

leading to the arrest or termination of cops

The money reward will not affect the "Just-Us" system. Just a lot of "unfounded", "unconfirmed" and "slanderous" accusations.