PDA

View Full Version : Man exonerated after spending 21 years in prison for murder he did not commit after 'policeman

donnay
01-11-2015, 08:46 AM
Man exonerated after spending 21 years in prison for murder he did not commit after 'policeman FRAMED him by convincing woman to testify she saw him shoot victim'

By Kieran Corcoran For Dailymail.com

A man who spent 21 years in prison for murder had his conviction overturned today - and says he lost decades behind bars because of a crooked cop.

Derrick Hamilton, 49, was imprisoned for supposedly murdering Nathaniel Cash in 1991, but has always been adamant he had nothing to do with it.

Instead, he says, he was locked up because former NYPD detective Louis Scarcella intimidated a woman into claiming she witnessed him shoot Cash dead.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/10/248DD1F700000578-0-image-m-90_1420869002017.jpg
Exonerated: Derrick Hamilton, 49, was wrongfully convicted of a 1991 murder - and has only now had formal recognition that he was innocent all along

Continued... (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2904338/Man-exonerated-spending-21-years-prison-murder-did-not-commit-policeman-FRAMED-convincing-woman-testify-saw-shoot-victim.html)

phill4paul
01-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Death penalty advocates care to weigh in?

However, lawyers for Detective Scarcella issued a blanket denial that he had done anything to wrongfully convict anybody during his policing career.

They said: ‘To date there has been no finding by any judge, nor has there been a statement by any prosecutor, to sustain the sensational claims that have appeared in the press that Detective Scarcella contributed to any person’s wrongful conviction’.

Nor will there be. Because to do so would take a prosecutor willing to file charges.

Working Poor
01-11-2015, 08:53 AM
Well thank God he didn't get the death penalty. I hope he can adapt to life outside I know it will be tough.

Cleaner44
01-11-2015, 09:03 AM
NYPD are heros... I don't understand.

tod evans
01-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Death penalty advocates care to weigh in?

Nor will there be. Because to do so would take a prosecutor willing to file charges.

Sure.....

This dude should have the option of putting the crooked kop, the DA and everyone involved in his incarceration to death by any means he so chooses, including the fucking janitor.

Anti Federalist
01-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Just another day in AmeriKa...

Anti Federalist
01-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Instead, he says, he was locked up because former NYPD detective Louis Scarcella intimidated a woman into claiming she witnessed him shoot Cash dead.
Arm chair quarterbacking.

Cops have it tough, sometimes "missteps" happen.

Move along, assholes.